Sent: 2019-11-23 20:08:32
Subject: [N1MM+] F keys not working

F keys suddenly not working mid contest, does anyone have any ideas what could have happened. Looks like its just N1MM as the keys work on all other programs.  Thanks VE7FO Jim

Phil Storey

Thanks Larry. but no F lock. It's a Logitech K120. Interestingly band change is not working but edit from mouse is Ok, just the F keys are the problem which is impacting our contest.
We will enter Qs manually via the entry window.  Thanks again for your help. 73 Phil

On Sat., Nov. 23, 2019, 17:12 Larry K8UT, <K8UT@...> wrote:
Phil

If your keyboard has an [F-Lock] button, press it once to make sure you did not switch the function keys to their alternate function. I have done that before and it drove me crazy trying to figure out what the keys were doing to N1MM.

-larry (K8UT)

F keys suddenly not working mid contest, does anyone have any ideas what could have happened. Looks like its just N1MM as the keys work on all other programs.  Thanks VE7FO Jim

ve3ki

1. Make sure the program is in CW logging mode. If necessary, type CW into the entry box and press the Enter key.

2. Right-click on one of the function key buttons in the Entry window to see your function key message file. Make sure it looks OK (contents haven't been erased, non-comment lines look like normal CW messages, etc.)

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 09:29 PM, Phil Storey wrote:
Thanks Larry. but no F lock. It's a Logitech K120. Interestingly band change is not working but edit from mouse is Ok, just the F keys are the problem which is impacting our contest.
We will enter Qs manually via the entry window.  Thanks again for your help. 73 Phil

On Sat., Nov. 23, 2019, 17:12 Larry K8UT, <K8UT@...> wrote:
Phil

If your keyboard has an [F-Lock] button, press it once to make sure you did not switch the function keys to their alternate function. I have done that before and it drove me crazy trying to figure out what the keys were doing to N1MM.

-larry (K8UT)

F keys suddenly not working mid contest, does anyone have any ideas what could have happened. Looks like its just N1MM as the keys work on all other programs.  Thanks VE7FO Jim

Phil Storey

Thanks Rich. Done all those steps. Something else weird we have found though, the call entry box has a red border round it and the red LED is permanently orange as if we are transmitting even though we have disconnected all cables between computer and the K3.
Mystery deepens !  73 and thanks again.