Topics

ESM when S&P used

John Holmes W9ILY

We just tried to S&P a guy and, with ESM turned on, the cursor did not move to the F2 exchange when Enter was pressed. The F4 key was lighted and, when enter was pressed, the call was sent but the lighted key did not move to F2 for an exchange as previously happened. The only way the F2 key becomes lighted is if you press the TAB key, not the space bar. Am I missing something?
John  W9ILY

ve3ki

That depends on the "big gun/little pistol" switch in the Configurer under the Function Key tab (the full name beside the check box is "ESM sends your call once in S&P, then ready to copy received exchange"). If this check box is not checked, you have to press the Space bar after the other station responds to your F4 in order to move the focus to the exchange box and highlight F2. If this check box is checked, the focus moves automatically to the exchange box and F2 is highlighted immediately after you send the F4 message.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 04:22 PM, John Holmes W9ILY wrote:

We just tried to S&P a guy and, with ESM turned on, the cursor did not move to the F2 exchange when Enter was pressed. The F4 key was lighted and, when enter was pressed, the call was sent but the lighted key did not move to F2 for an exchange as previously happened. The only way the F2 key becomes lighted is if you press the TAB key, not the space bar. Am I missing something?
John  W9ILY

John Holmes W9ILY

Thanks, Rich. I knew I had overlooked something. ALl OK now.
73,
John