Topics

eRe: 3 Rigs, one computer?

K7IU - Marv

Doesn’t the polling of the interfaced radio by the SW cause it to ‘switch back’ to one of the interfaced bands?
I’ll have to give that a try when I get home and see for myself but I thought I would ask.
So in order to log a contact for a band that does not have an interfaced radio I would have to:
1. look at the non-interfaced radio and type in the offset freq and mode
2. enter the callisgn and other report info an log the contact
3. re-select the original band of the interfaced radio in order to return to it.

That sound about right! It adds a couple of steps but seems doable.

Marv k7iu

John Bednar

Marv,

>Doesn’t the polling of the interfaced radio by the SW cause it to ‘switch back’ to one of the interfaced bands?
No. The transverter mode programs the interfaced radio on the IF frequency whenever the transverter band is used.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> On Behalf Of K7IU - Marv
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 3:45 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] eRe: 3 Rigs, one computer?

Doesn’t the polling of the interfaced radio by the SW cause it to ‘switch back’ to one of the interfaced bands?
I’ll have to give that a try when I get home and see for myself but I thought I would ask.
So in order to log a contact for a band that does not have an interfaced radio I would have to:
1. look at the non-interfaced radio and type in the offset freq and mode
2. enter the callisgn and other report info an log the contact
3. re-select the original band of the interfaced radio in order to return to it.

That sound about right! It adds a couple of steps but seems doable.

Marv k7iu