Topics

Entry window: Ctrl-X cuts but Ctrl-V doesn't paste

Carl Clawson

S&P, I forgot to go to the exchange field and typed a serial number appended to the call sign. No problem, I thought. I selected the serial number, hit Ctrl-X (normal windows-speak for "cut") then went to the exchange field and hit Ctrl-V (paste) and ... nothing. Having already forgotten the serial number, I had to ask the poor guy for a repeat. Coulda used Notepad as an intermediary but ... awkward!

Cut seems to be working, but why not paste?

Normal everyday Windows keystrokes should work normally.

73, Carl WS7L

Tom Wagner (N1MM)

Ctl+Insert, Shift+Insert

Tom - N1MM

On 6/2/2020 9:21 PM, Carl Clawson wrote:
S&P, I forgot to go to the exchange field and typed a serial number appended to the call sign. No problem, I thought. I selected the serial number, hit Ctrl-X (normal windows-speak for "cut") then went to the exchange field and hit Ctrl-V (paste) and ... nothing. Having already forgotten the serial number, I had to ask the poor guy for a repeat. Coulda used Notepad as an intermediary but ... awkward!

Cut seems to be working, but why not paste?

Normal everyday Windows keystrokes should work normally.

73, Carl WS7L

Gerald Boutin (VE1DT)

I didn't realize that there was a working copy/paste in the Entry window. I tried it long ago and just assumed the functionality didn't exist. It would be nice if standard Windows keystrokes (ctrl+c, ctrl+v) could also be implemented.

I could not find any reference to Ctrl+insert or Shift+Insert in the manual. I think they belong in the following section: "Callsign/Exchange Editing Features" and perhaps also: "Logging Key Assignments"

--
Gerald, VE1DT

--
Gerald, VE1DT

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 10:27 PM, Tom Wagner (N1MM) wrote:
Ctl+Insert, Shift+Insert

Tom - N1MM

On 6/2/2020 9:21 PM, Carl Clawson wrote:
S&P, I forgot to go to the exchange field and typed a serial number
appended to the call sign. No problem, I thought. I selected the
serial number, hit Ctrl-X (normal windows-speak for "cut") then went
to the exchange field and hit Ctrl-V (paste) and ... nothing. Having
already forgotten the serial number, I had to ask the poor guy for a
repeat. Coulda used Notepad as an intermediary but ... awkward!

Cut seems to be working, but why not paste?

Normal everyday Windows keystrokes should work normally.

73, Carl WS7L

Tom Wagner (N1MM)

I updated the doc & the program. The doc will show immediately. Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V will be in Tuesday's build.

Tom - N1MM