Topics

Entry window

George Harlem

I am having a new experience.  I'm troubleshooting N1MM controlling my FTdx-5000 in a remote setup.  Sometimes when I send my call with the stored call in F4, the Call window stays outlined in red and I can no longer key the radio with F-keys.  The paddle works.  Restarting N1MM seems to clear this, but it's a new one for me.  What's up with it, and why does it seem as if the radio is keyed when I do not see the TX indicator on the panel?  If I try to change frequency, I get "Can't QSY when sending" message.

George W1EBI

VE9AA - Mike

George

What are you using to key the radio?

Without more info it nearly sounds like RF getting in somewhere. (Winkeyer/SO2R box/other type of keyer)

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 06:21 PM, George Harlem wrote:
I am having a new experience.  I'm troubleshooting N1MM controlling my FTdx-5000 in a remote setup.  Sometimes when I send my call with the stored call in F4, the Call window stays outlined in red and I can no longer key the radio with F-keys.  The paddle works.  Restarting N1MM seems to clear this, but it's a new one for me.  What's up with it, and why does it seem as if the radio is keyed when I do not see the TX indicator on the panel?  If I try to change frequency, I get "Can't QSY when sending" message.

George W1EBI

--
CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.
Mike VE9AA

George Harlem

I’m not really generating RF, Mike. It’s a remote setup with CAT to Remoterig RRC 1258, LPT keying with my venerable W1WEF CW interface. Had this working reasonably well for WAE CW and SS CW. 

George

From George's iPhone

On Nov 26, 2020, at 5:31 PM, VE9AA - Mike <ve9aa@...> wrote:

George

Without more info it nearly sounds like RF getting in somewhere. (Winkeyer/SO2R box/other type of keyer)

George W1EBI

--
Mike VE9AA

John Bednar

George,

It sounds like the WinKey end of message response is not being received. Our program is waiting for the CW message to end.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of George Harlem
Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2020 5:58 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Entry window

I’m not really generating RF, Mike. It’s a remote setup with CAT to Remoterig RRC 1258, LPT keying with my venerable W1WEF CW interface. Had this working reasonably well for WAE CW and SS CW. 

George

From George's iPhone

George

George W1EBI

--
Mike VE9AA

Steve London

Where is the LPT interface ? At the control point, or the remote station ?

Somewhere along the line, N1MM+ does not think the message has completed sending. Is it really on on the F4, and not other messages ? If so, exactly what is in your F4 ?

Steve, N2IC

On 11/26/2020 03:57 PM, George Harlem wrote:
George
From George's iPhone

On Nov 26, 2020, at 5:31 PM, VE9AA - Mike <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

George

What are you using to *key* the radio?

I am having a new experience.  I'm troubleshooting N1MM controlling my
FTdx-5000 in a remote setup.  Sometimes when I send my call with the
stored call in F4, the Call window stays outlined in red and I can no
longer key the radio with F-keys.  The paddle works.  Restarting N1MM
seems to clear this, but it's a new one for me.  What's up with it, and
why does it seem as if the radio is keyed when I do not see the TX
indicator on the panel?  If I try to change frequency, I get "Can't QSY
when sending" message.

George W1EBI

--
Mike VE9AA

George Harlem

Steve, John, I have this resolved. Turns out to be a Remoterig configuration issue, not N1MM. Life was simpler before virtual COM
Ports. 

LPT interface is at control location. F4 is just my callsign (always has been).  I wonder if it might be about time to upgrade to Win10 and USB keying, but Jack’s interface has been working perfectly since 2002.

I moved my station into a newly built radio room last week so there were bound to be hiccups. Yeah, right before CQWW. 

George W1EBI

From George's iPhone

On Nov 26, 2020, at 9:48 PM, Steve London <n2ic@...> wrote:

Where is the LPT interface ? At the control point, or the remote station ?

Somewhere along the line, N1MM+ does not think the message has completed sending. Is it really on on the F4, and not other messages ? If so, exactly what is in your F4 ?

Steve, N2IC

On 11/26/2020 03:57 PM, George Harlem wrote:
George
From George's iPhone

George

What are you using to *key* the radio?

I am having a new experience.  I'm troubleshooting N1MM controlling my
   FTdx-5000 in a remote setup.  Sometimes when I send my call with the
   stored call in F4, the Call window stays outlined in red and I can no
   longer key the radio with F-keys.  The paddle works.  Restarting N1MM
   seems to clear this, but it's a new one for me.  What's up with it, and
   why does it seem as if the radio is keyed when I do not see the TX
   indicator on the panel?  If I try to change frequency, I get "Can't QSY
   when sending" message.

George W1EBI

--