Topics

Entry window

George Harlem

I am having a new experience.  I'm troubleshooting N1MM controlling my FTdx-5000 in a remote setup.  Sometimes when I send my call with the stored call in F4, the Call window stays outlined in red and I can no longer key the radio with F-keys.  The paddle works.  Restarting N1MM seems to clear this, but it's a new one for me.  What's up with it, and why does it seem as if the radio is keyed when I do not see the TX indicator on the panel?  If I try to change frequency, I get "Can't QSY when sending" message.

George W1EBI

VE9AA - Mike

George

What are you using to key the radio?

Without more info it nearly sounds like RF getting in somewhere. (Winkeyer/SO2R box/other type of keyer)

--
CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.
Mike VE9AA

George Harlem

I’m not really generating RF, Mike. It’s a remote setup with CAT to Remoterig RRC 1258, LPT keying with my venerable W1WEF CW interface. Had this working reasonably well for WAE CW and SS CW.

George

From George's iPhone

On Nov 26, 2020, at 5:31 PM, VE9AA - Mike <ve9aa@...> wrote:

[...]

John Bednar

George,

It sounds like the WinKey end of message response is not being received. Our program is waiting for the CW message to end.

John, K3CT

I’m not really generating RF, Mike. It’s a remote setup with CAT to Remoterig RRC 1258, LPT keying with my venerable W1WEF CW interface. Had this working reasonably well for WAE CW and SS CW.

George

From George's iPhone

[...]

Steve London

Where is the LPT interface ? At the control point, or the remote station ?

Somewhere along the line, N1MM+ does not think the message has completed sending. Is it really on on the F4, and not other messages ? If so, exactly what is in your F4 ?

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 11/26/2020 03:57 PM, George Harlem wrote:
I’m not really generating RF, Mike. It’s a remote setup with CAT to Remoterig RRC 1258, LPT keying with my venerable W1WEF CW interface. Had this working reasonably well for WAE CW and SS CW.
George
From George's iPhone

On Nov 26, 2020, at 5:31 PM, VE9AA - Mike <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

[...]

Steve, John, I have this resolved. Turns out to be a Remoterig configuration issue, not N1MM. Life was simpler before virtual COM
Ports.

LPT interface is at control location. F4 is just my callsign (always has been).  I wonder if it might be about time to upgrade to Win10 and USB keying, but Jack’s interface has been working perfectly since 2002.

I moved my station into a newly built radio room last week so there were bound to be hiccups. Yeah, right before CQWW.

George W1EBI

From George's iPhone

On Nov 26, 2020, at 9:48 PM, Steve London <n2ic@...> wrote:

Where is the LPT interface ? At the control point, or the remote station ?

Somewhere along the line, N1MM+ does not think the message has completed sending. Is it really on on the F4, and not other messages ? If so, exactly what is in your F4 ?

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 11/26/2020 03:57 PM, George Harlem wrote:
I’m not really generating RF, Mike. It’s a remote setup with CAT to Remoterig RRC 1258, LPT keying with my venerable W1WEF CW interface. Had this working reasonably well for WAE CW and SS CW.
George
From George's iPhone