Topics

Enhancement idea

Vytenis LY5T

I got one idea about enhancement that I think N1MM don't have it implemented and I'm not the only one who would like it. Its about TOUR command. Contests with tours are more and more popular these days. Especially domestic contests. So, idea is that Info window time counter should show tour remaining time and better yet, if there is <75% time left the counter is green, if 75%<, but <90% counter is yellow, if 90%< counter is red.
What do you guys think of it? Or it exists in some form, but I'm not aware?

Vytenis LY5T

Barry Bettman

Great idea. Please explain in more detail what a tour is and purpose  for those of us that haven't heard of it before.

Thanks.

73,

Barry K6ST
Nevada Section Youth Coordinator

ARRL (American Radio Relay League) arrl.org

The national association for amateur radio

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 10:25 AM Vytenis LY5T <vytenis.sciucka@...> wrote:
I got one idea about enhancement that I think N1MM don't have it implemented and I'm not the only one who would like it. Its about TOUR command. Contests with tours are more and more popular these days. Especially domestic contests. So, idea is that Info window time counter should show tour remaining time and better yet, if there is <75% time left the counter is green, if 75%<, but <90% counter is yellow, if 90%< counter is red.
What do you guys think of it? Or it exists in some form, but I'm not aware?

Vytenis LY5T

Vytenis LY5T

Below is excerpt from n1mm manual. TOUR can be enabled in udc or from entry window command.

Vytenis LY5T

  • TOUR command – A very few contests allow for multiple sessions in which you can work the same station in every session for QSO credit. You can enter TOUR into the Entry window in place of a call sign to reset dupe checking at any time before or during the contest. This command has 2 required parameters that are entered into the Sent RST field, separated by a forward slash “/”. The first parameter is the time when the current session begins (GMT) and the second parameter is the duration of the session. The format for both parameters is hhmm. For example, 1200/30 means the session starts at 1200Z and has a duration of 30 minutes. The minimum value for the duration parameter is 10 (10 minutes). If the TOUR command is entered without any parameters, the current values of the start time and duration will be displayed. The default values are 0000/00.
    • At the beginning of each session the start time and duration will be displayed in the status field at the bottom of the Entry Window. After the first QSO has been logged during the new session you should see the Multiplier window reset and dupes will be reset for this new session as well.
    • Most of the contests supported by the Logger do not need this command but some (mostly Russian and Ukrainian) have it built into the contest module and do not require it entered manually.
    • If you are planning on using TOUR command with other contests, keep in mind that settings for it will be lost when the Logger is restarted. If the Snt (sent RST) field is not displayed in the Entry window, you will not be able to use this command.