Topics

DXLab Gateway ?

Martin Sole

Hi,

N1MM+ 1.0.7610.0

So after a move around, computer changes and various other station mods I'm having  problem with auto lookups. I'm using DXLabs DXKeeper for my primary log and usually just import N1MM+ log files to DXKeeper at the end of the contest. I have previously played with the DXKeeper gateway and ran into the same problem but whatever the fix was I've forgotten it and can't find it on the DXLab mailing list or here.

I have the DXKeeper gateway installed and logging contacts with the ENTER key is working fine. The DXLAbs help page says:

In N1MM+ version 7336 or later, typing a callsign and striking the Tab key or Space bar will direct DXView and Pathfinder to perform "lookup" operations, if they are running. If the Gateway's Lookup previous QSOs box is checked, DXKeeper will also be directed to display all previous QSOs with the newly-logged callsign.

This is the bit that is not working.

Looking in the configurer broadcst data tab I see that External Callsign Lookup is not checked, nor can it be checked. The checkbox does not respond.

So what do I need to do to fix getting TAB and SPACE to send a callsign lookup to another application?

Thanks
Martin, HS0ZED

Andy (KU7T)

Martin,

In order to enable the external lookup, you must change you N1MM+ contest category to one that allows assistance.

73
Andy
KU7T

[...]

Andy,

Many thanks, indeed it was the superior anti cheating algorithm that caused the missing checkbox :) Marvelous stuff, normal service is now resumed.

Regards
Martin, HS0ZED

On 13/04/2019 10:51, Andy (KU7T) wrote:
[...]

Chris

Andy,

I hate to expose my ignorance but it's sometimes the only way to get smarter. Ha.  Where would I find the setting for N1MM+ contest category?  I've done a search on the online help to no avail.

Thanks for any assistance.

Chris NØCC

ve3ki

What do you mean by "contest category" - the entry category (single-op, multi-op, unassisted, assisted, high power, low power, etc.), or do you mean the choice between different contests with different exchanges?

Both of them are in the Contest Setup dialog window (File > Open Log in Database..., or if you are creating a new contest log, File > New Log in Database...). The contest type (ARRL FD, CQ WPX, etc.) is in the scrollable selector at the top of the window. The entry category is in one or several entry boxes lower down in the window.

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 03:23 PM, Chris wrote:
Andy,

I hate to expose my ignorance but it's sometimes the only way to get smarter. Ha.  Where would I find the setting for N1MM+ contest category?  I've done a search on the online help to no avail.

Thanks for any assistance.

Chris NØCC

Chris

Thanks, Rich.  I found the settings.  I was looking for the entry category so that the external lookup function was available.  Now I have to read through contest setup.  I figured out for myself that I have to enter my call in the Operator field or the system won't let me exit the database.  I am continually amazed at the level of functionality and detail that both N1MM and DXLab contain.  My hat is off tot the authors of both.  They are really amazing pieces of software.

Thanks again.  The support  provided on these groups is truly amazing.

Chris NØCC