Topics

Double Posts?

Gary K9GS

Is anyone else getting double posts?

I went to the groups.io website and nothing seem amiss.

Gary K9GS

Gary K9GS

BTW...the duplicate posts all have [Edited Message Follows] as the first line in the body of the message. 

Gary K9GS

-------- Original message --------
Date: 1/22/20 9:28 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] Double Posts?

Gary K9GS

Bob Turner

I’ve been getting them for weeks.  I delete them.  I figured the person went back to make an edit and started, then cancelled the edit, yet mail went out anyway.    I am on many *groups.io.  I don’t recall which ones I get them from.  I take your word N1MM is one of them.

7 3   Bob

N2SCJ

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Gary K9GS
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Double Posts?

BTW...the duplicate posts all have [Edited Message Follows] as the first line in the body of the message. 

Gary K9GS

Date: 1/22/20 9:28 AM (GMT-06:00)

Subject: [N1MM+] Double Posts?

Gary K9GS

VE9AA - Mike

I realize I'm in the minority here, but I do 95% of my groups.io work online and so never see dupes.

Why you'll see dupes is, if I (or anyone) edits their online message for ANY reason. (Adds a word, corrects a typo,etc) then a second email is sent, but not a 2nd online message. The difference in the Emails may be very subtle, so that's why you think its an exact replica, but probably isn't.

Mike VE9AA

Gary K9GS

Perhaps that is what's happening. I see this on other groups.io reflectors too.

Gary K9GS

Date: 1/22/20 2:46 PM (GMT-06:00)

I realize I'm in the minority here, but I do 95% of my groups.io work online and so never see dupes.

Why you'll see dupes is, if I (or anyone) edits their online message for ANY reason. (Adds a word, corrects a typo,etc) then a second email is sent, but not a 2nd online message. The difference in the Emails may be very subtle, so that's why you think its an exact replica, but probably isn't.

Mike VE9AA

AJ3O

I only see dupes when I post or reply.
It sends me a copy of what I sent, then I see the actual post that everyone else sees.
I am sure that there is a setting to remove that but it doesn't bother me much so I leave it the way that it is.

Joe / AJ3O

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 04:42:41 PM EST, Gary K9GS <k9gs@...> wrote:

Gary K9GS

Mike VE9AA

Gary K9GS

Hi Joe,

No, this is something else. These are not posts I created, rather ones I've received. 

I suspect VE9AA is correct in that is tied into people that edit their post.

Gary K9GS

Date: 1/22/20 3:47 PM (GMT-06:00)

I only see dupes when I post or reply.
It sends me a copy of what I sent, then I see the actual post that everyone else sees.
I am sure that there is a setting to remove that but it doesn't bother me much so I leave it the way that it is.

Joe / AJ3O
On Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 04:42:41 PM EST, Gary K9GS <k9gs@...> wrote:

Gary K9GS

Mike VE9AA