Topics

"Divide by zero" error message

John Arthurs

Any RTTY contest I try to load has this error message pop up and populate numerous times: RTTY Engine 1  Error divide by 1.

Any suggestions how to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thanks K7WP

John Arthurs

****correction:  Error box reads: RTTY Engine 1 Divide by zero ***

David G3YYD

What RTTY software are you using?

73 David G3YYD

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of John Arthurs
Sent: 03 September 2019 16:09
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] "Divide by zero" error message

Tim Shoppa

I think this error is actually from 2Tone.

I have had dozens of 2Tone windows spawned each with the Divide by zero error box.

I do not know how to reproduce this. And it hasn’t happened to me in the past year. But you might try adjusting the RTTY engine path to use MMTTY and then maybe work on 2Tone configuration outside N1MM.

Tim N3QE

On Sep 3, 2019, at 11:36 AM, John Arthurs <arthursk7wp@...> wrote:

Any RTTY contest I try to load has this error message pop up and populate numerous times: RTTY Engine 1  Error divide by 1.

Any suggestions how to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thanks K7WP

John Arthurs

Thanks David. MMTTY 1.70K

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 9:17 AM David G3YYD via Groups.Io <g3yyd2=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

73 David G3YYD

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of John Arthurs

David G3YYD

John

MMTTY is doing the divide by zero rather than N1MM. I have never had a divide by zero from MMTTY. Could be the .ini file has a corruption. Worth a try go to the MMTTY executable folder and delete any file with a .ini extension (or rename the extension to something else). Then start again and redo the MMTTY configuration.

73 David G3YYD

Sent: 03 September 2019 16:25

Thanks David. MMTTY 1.70K

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 9:17 AM David G3YYD via Groups.Io <g3yyd2=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

73 David G3YYD

Bill - AK6A

Did you find a solution to this issue? I have the same problem. I saw this last year and discovered that it was caused by the size of the MMTTY window started by N1MM. Last year I was able to shrink the size of the MMTTY window and it fixed the problem. This year on a new computer the problem has returned but I can not select the window to resize it smaller.