Topics

deletion of obsolete contests N1MM

Ken G0ORH

Hi Larry
Not sure where the info has been gathered from in regards to RSGB 1st 160/RSGB 2nd 160m is listed in RSGB 2020 HF contests.
I guess your looking for RSGB contest committee member to verify.. which I'm not.
But it's active.

Note
I've put a message on ukhfcontesting forum but no one has confirmed.....yet!

HNY
Ken.. G0ORH

On 22 Jan 2020, at 11:34, Jaan, SM9X <swejaan@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi Larry, the contest is alive and well every Wednesday. The results are sent and maintained on the web site hosted by UA9QCQ the address is  http://ua9qcq.com/ From there you can navigate to Results and find among other contests  Wednesday mini-contest
If you navigate the internet  http://minitest.narod.ru/  is one page in Russian with rules. However I'm not the right person translate but all the times in UTC and frequency bands are OK. So please make it visible again in N1MM

Rules are also available here:

Regards, Jaan 

Den ons 22 jan. 2020 kl 10:40 skrev Larry K8UT <K8UT@...>:
Jaan,

MINITESTCW was removed from the active contest list in this week's Update because I was unable to locate records of it being an active contest or its sponsor. Can you please supply some information about this contest or its sponsor?

Read the removal announcement here:

-larry K8UT
------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2020-01-22 01:36:49
Subject: [N1MM+] MINITESTCW is missing

[Edited Message Follows]

Just down loaded latest release today 1.0.8095 and found the MINITESTCW is missing in the Log Type scroll menu.
In version 1.0.8063 MINITESTCW is there.

Regards, Jaan
SM9X

Skip

Reminds me of my first US Air Force assignment at Galena AFS in the northern interior of Alaska as the communications officer.  A perennial problem in many of the pre-WW2 buildings, and especially the very large wooden hangar by the ramp was unidentified telephone and teletype wiring.  The established protocol was to cut the cable and wait a few days to see if anyone complained.  That may be the only protocol available to Tom and crew to try and keep the contest choices limited to active contests. [:=)

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

On 1/22/2020 4:20 AM, Ken G0ORH wrote:
Hi Larry
Not sure where the info has been gathered from in regards to RSGB 1st 160/RSGB 2nd 160m is listed in RSGB 2020 HF contests.
I guess your looking for RSGB contest committee member to verify.. which I'm not.
But it's active.

Note

HNY
Ken.. G0ORH

Terry Glagowski / W1TR / AFA1DI

Will this in any way affect contest logs that have been stored in the database for years or decades?

73, Terry / W1TR  :  )

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Skip
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 15:51
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] deletion of obsolete contests N1MM

Reminds me of my first US Air Force assignment at Galena AFS in the northern interior of Alaska as the communications officer.  A perennial problem in many of the pre-WW2 buildings, and especially the very large wooden hangar by the ramp was unidentified telephone and teletype wiring.  The established protocol was to cut the cable and wait a few days to see if anyone complained.  That may be the only protocol available to Tom and crew to try and keep the contest choices limited to active contests. [:=)

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

Hi Larry

But it's active.

Note

HNY

Ken.. G0ORH

AB2ZY

No.

Al

AB2ZY

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Terry Glagowski / W1TR / AFA1DI
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 7:46 PM

Will this in any way affect contest logs that have been stored in the database for years or decades?

73, Terry / W1TR  :  )

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Skip
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 15:51

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

Hi Larry

But it's active.

Note

HNY

Ken.. G0ORH