Topics

CWOPS.mc file

John Becker

I'm trying to get setup to operate in the CWOPS mini CWTs next week. I have the contest selected and created a blank log. But when I go to the associated files tab and attempt to assign CWOPS.mc as the CW Function Key filename, the program insists that the correct file is CWOPSOPEN.mc and installs it.

I downloaded CWOPS.mc from the N1MM website and put it in the correct directory, but the only way I can get the program to use it is to rename the CWOPSOPEN.mc file to CWOPSOPEN.mc.old and then rename CWOPS.mc to CWOPSOPEN.mc

What am I missing here? Thanks!

73,

John, K9MM

VE9AA - Mike

I just did this on 2 computers.  One is my "home pc" (no radio) which I only use for testing (and sending msg's like this) and one is the real shack PC.
Both work perfectly.

With some quick testing just now, I think I may see the issue you are experiencing.

When the programs barks at you, warning you to use the cwopen.mc file instead of saying "yes", say no and use whatever .mc file you wish to use.

I  think (I stand to be corrected) you can use any old .mc file you want with any contest (even if it's the wrong one), but you can override what I consider to be a polite recommendation popup, say no and choose from your file explorer whichever one you want.

  You can even tweak it to your liking and save and associate it with a particular contest, so in the future it will also open the "right" open. (a bit outside the scope of this msg)

GL !

Mike VE9AA

--
Mike VE9AA

Larry K8UT

HI John

You're not doing anything wrong. The website query for a function key file is a soft query: if the filename starts with the contest name "CWOPS" and ends with ".MC" it considers that a successful find. This soft query was an intentional means of allowing the file to have naming suffixes like CWOPS2020.MC. Unfortunately, CWOPSOPEN.MC meets that criteria. There will be a fix in next Tuesday's release that first searches with an exact search followed by a soft search. {amazing that this bug had not been reported already?}

In the meantime, you can force the file selection of CWOPS.MC in the Editor window by choosing >File >Import and Assign a different file.

-larry (K8UT)