Topics

CW Reader 2

Nico Ebbendorf

Hi,

Have set up N1MM+ for SO2R using 2  Microham "USB Interface II" interfaces, each with their own internal soundcard (USB CODEC).
In RTTY-mode, I can operate 2 DI's (Fldigi), one for each radio independently. Tried the same setup for CW-mode and installed CwGet. Radio-1 is working as expected, CwGet shows the decoded text as well as the "CW Reader 1" window which allows me to copy the call signs into the entry window.
However, CwGet (using the radio-2 sound card) is decoding and showing the text but nothing appears at the "CW Reader 2" window. Instead, the decoded text is shown in the "CW Reader 1" window....
What do I miss here?

73, Nico / PA3ADU

ve3ki

You could try using Fldigi as your CW decoder to see whether it has a similar issue (my guess is that it will not have the same problem). Or, if your copy of CWGet is unregistered, you might need to register it to get the Radio 2 decoding to work as expected. There is mention of a similar problem in SO2V in the manual page on the CW Reader window:

"If you choose to use CwGet as the engine, note that if you use an unregistered copy of CwGet with input from the right channel of the sound card, that unregistered copy will not transfer decoded text to the corresponding CW Reader window. In most SO2V installations CwGet will have to be registered if you want to use it from Entry Window 2."

The above description was based on an SO2V installation, but perhaps similar observations might apply to SO2R.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 02:31 PM, Nico Ebbendorf wrote:
Hi,

Have set up N1MM+ for SO2R using 2  Microham "USB Interface II" interfaces, each with their own internal soundcard (USB CODEC).
In RTTY-mode, I can operate 2 DI's (Fldigi), one for each radio independently. Tried the same setup for CW-mode and installed CwGet. Radio-1 is working as expected, CwGet shows the decoded text as well as the "CW Reader 1" window which allows me to copy the call signs into the entry window.
However, CwGet (using the radio-2 sound card) is decoding and showing the text but nothing appears at the "CW Reader 2" window. Instead, the decoded text is shown in the "CW Reader 1" window....
What do I miss here?

73, Nico / PA3ADU

Rick Ellison

Are you using the free version of CWGet? If so one of the limitations is to only allow one channel of decoding to be done. It refuses to open the 2nd channel sothe second window will show no received text..

73 Rick N2AMG

Have set up N1MM+ for SO2R using 2  Microham "USB Interface II" interfaces, each with their own internal soundcard (USB CODEC).
In RTTY-mode, I can operate 2 DI's (Fldigi), one for each radio independently. Tried the same setup for CW-mode and installed CwGet. Radio-1 is working as expected, CwGet shows the decoded text as well as the "CW Reader 1" window which allows me to copy the call signs into the entry window.
However, CwGet (using the radio-2 sound card) is decoding and showing the text but nothing appears at the "CW Reader 2" window. Instead, the decoded text is shown in the "CW Reader 1" window....
What do I miss here?

73, Nico / PA3ADU

Nico Ebbendorf

Thanks Rich for the reply.

Fldigi in the CW-mode works as expected, no issues here. (But CwGet works better as a decoder for me so I would like to get this working on both receivers).

yes, I am (currently) using the free version of CwGet but not sure if that is the problem sinds I am using 2 seperate soundcards (one in each USB interface III unit) so that I have not the issue with the left/right channel.

btw, both CwGet applications are running fine for each receiver but the problem is that the text is not copied into the N1MM+ "CW Reader 2" window.

Any suggestions?
73, Nico PA3ADU

Nico Ebbendorf

I just noticed that when BOTH CwGet applications are decodiing at the same time (decoding CW from 2 different receivers tuned at different CW signals) that the text from each are copied in the same "CW Reader 1" window (and window "CW Reader 2" stays empty).

Nico Ebbendorf

Registration of CwGet did the job!

Thank you for your reply and comments to fix this issue.

73, Nico PA3ADU