Topics

CW-R

Tom Frenaye

I usually listen to CW using the CW-R setting on my radio.   Somewhere in N1MM+ there is a way to set that parameter so that when I click on an RBN spot it goes to not only the correct frequency but the right sideband.  Can someone point me to the right place to set it to CW-R?  Otherwise every time I click on a spot the radio switches from CW-R to CW - the wrong sideband.

Thanks

   -- Tom/K1KI

Tom Frenaye, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093. c: 860-597-4539  h: 860-668-5444

ve3ki

Configurer, "Other" tab - the last check box on the window is the one you are looking for.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 09:55 PM, Tom Frenaye wrote:

I usually listen to CW using the CW-R setting on my radio.   Somewhere in N1MM+ there is a way to set that parameter so that when I click on an RBN spot it goes to not only the correct frequency but the right sideband.  Can someone point me to the right place to set it to CW-R?  Otherwise every time I click on a spot the radio switches from CW-R to CW - the wrong sideband.

Thanks

   -- Tom/K1KI

Tom Frenaye, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093. c: 860-597-4539  h: 860-668-5444

ART W2NRA

You can also do it in most radio’s settings.  I prefer CW-R because it makes more sense to tune counter-clock-wise when a CW signal’s tone is to high and clock-wise when it’s to low.

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955

On Nov 25, 2020, at 11:42 PM, ve3ki <ve3iay@...> wrote:

Configurer, "Other" tab - the last check box on the window is the one you are looking for.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 09:55 PM, Tom Frenaye wrote:

I usually listen to CW using the CW-R setting on my radio.   Somewhere in N1MM+ there is a way to set that parameter so that when I click on an RBN spot it goes to not only the correct frequency but the right sideband.  Can someone point me to the right place to set it to CW-R?  Otherwise every time I click on a spot the radio switches from CW-R to CW - the wrong sideband.

Thanks

   -- Tom/K1KI

Tom Frenaye, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093. c: 860-597-4539  h: 860-668-5444

George Harlem

To each their own, Art. I prefer exactly the opposite!  Clockwise up the band, high to lower tone.  I suspect our Novice receivers were responsible.

73, George W1EBI/VA2EBI
CWOPS #9

From George's iPhone

On Nov 26, 2020, at 1:15 AM, ART W2NRA via groups.io <w2nra@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi George,

I made a conscious decision to change to CW-R a long time ago when the option became available.  I'm pretty sure my rigs before that were CW-usb.  I'm sure we both don't have to think about it.  It's engrained, though my way kinda works the same a the volume control.

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955

On November 26, 2020 at 10:12 AM, George Harlem <george.harlem@...> wrote:

To each their own, Art. I prefer exactly the opposite!  Clockwise up the band, high to lower tone.  I suspect our Novice receivers were responsible.

73, George W1EBI/VA2EBI
CWOPS #9

From George's iPhone

[...]

VE9AA - Mike

"to each their own" are my sentiments too.  My old IC-736 had CW on reverse and it drove me cr@zy for years,.,.....I finally retired it.
I do/did like the radio (used mostly on 6m and 160m for about a dozen years) but I am happy to have more modern radios where I have the choice.
Or other radios were it defaults to USB. It's nice to have flexibility.

If we were all the same, think of how boring life would be !

Wear your mask, wash your hands. Be kind.

--
CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.
Mike VE9AA

Tom KG3V

Agree with Art, tuning HIGH-pitch to LOW-pitch just seems natural to me, but this is a very minor issue. I am tying to get away from Knob-spinning anyway.

It would be nice (i.e. if there is nothing else to do...) to have ability to define either CW-LSB or CS-USB as "normal." My guess is that there are bigger fish to fry.

Happy Thanksgiving to the N1MM+ Team and Community. Thanks for this great resource for Ham Contesters

73,

Tom, KG3V

On 11/26/2020 11:05 AM, ART W2NRA via groups.io wrote:
Hi George,

I made a conscious decision to change to CW-R a long time ago when the option became available.  I'm pretty sure my rigs before that were CW-usb.  I'm sure we both don't have to think about it.  It's engrained, though my way kinda works the same a the volume control.

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955

On November 26, 2020 at 10:12 AM, George Harlem <george.harlem@...> wrote:

To each their own, Art. I prefer exactly the opposite!  Clockwise up the band, high to lower tone.  I suspect our Novice receivers were responsible.

73, George W1EBI/VA2EBI
CWOPS #9

From George's iPhone

[...]

Skip

I thought tuning down the band was because I'm lefthanded.

Happy Thanksgiving!
K6DGW

On November 26, 2020, at 8:47 AM, Tom KG3V <KG3V@...> wrote:

[...]

From George's iPhone