From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of ok4rm
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 2:05 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] CW keyer interface on serial port - am I blind?

Hello,
First I have to confess that I am known to be critical about N1MM+ logger, claiming that it is often unintuitive and some config features have become non-transparent and hard to find over time as it evolved. So my problem could be that I a priori expect it would not be possible to find the feature config I am looking for.
I have a keyer (not very well known, but that's not the point). As all the other gadgets, it has a USB serial port. I know what the port is. However, I cannot find where to configure the port in N1MM+ config. There is a section "Winkey" but it obviously has no relevance to this because there is no port selection field.
Please, where is it? It must be there, am I right?
Off-topic/feature proposal: would it be possible to redesign the current config dialog in N1MM+ from the current "tabs jungle" to a modern-style config where on the left would be a hierarchical tree and on the right, in the main space, the actual config dialog for the respective feature? I saw this change in fldigi and it changed the overall orientation easiness in the configuration tremendously. Configuring fldigi through the tabs used to be a nightmare (and that's also what I call N1MM+ config when I cannot find something). Now it is much, much better.

Drew Vonada-Smith K3PA

ALL port selection is on one tab.  You choose all your interfaces, and then what they do.  It couldn't be easier...

73,

Drew K3PA