Topics

Converting contacts from CQWPXSSB to CQWWDXSSB ???

k8ur

Ok, I made an Ooops...  (First time using N1MM)

I just operated the CQWWDXSSB on 80M, but had n1MM setup for CQWPX.
How can I transfer the contact log from WPX into a CQWWDXSSB file?
File>Copy This Content to Another Database doesn't seem to work.
File>Import>Recover QSOs from a Transaction Log doesn't seem to work.
Help pse...
k8ur@...

Mike ND9G

There is an item in the FAQ that provides step by step instructions.

In the Other Questions section

73,
Mike ND9G

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 8:18 AM k8ur via Groups.Io <k8ur=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Ok, I made an Ooops...  (First time using N1MM)

I just operated the CQWWDXSSB on 80M, but had n1MM setup for CQWPX.
How can I transfer the contact log from WPX into a CQWWDXSSB file?
File>Copy This Content to Another Database doesn't seem to work.
File>Import>Recover QSOs from a Transaction Log doesn't seem to work.
Help pse...
k8ur@...

Alan K7ACZ

I think you can export your WPX log using EXPORT ADI file and save it in a separate folder. Then start N1MM+ as a new log for CQWWDXSSB. Then go to IMPORT and import the ADI (ADIF) file you just saved. I think this will fill your log with the calls from your WPX log and properly log them for the CQWWDX. That is what I would try.

GL & 73

Alan K7ACZ

Alan Zack

Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ

Official USCG Auxiliary Comm Station

Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

Delta Rocket Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired

Aviation Chief Warrant Officer,  U.S. Coast Guard, Retired

http://www.qrz.com/db/K7ACZ

http://gocoastguard.com

http://www.uscgradio.net

http://www.comm-one.club

http://oldbluejacket.com/USCG_CoastiesRule.htm

Ok, I made an Ooops...  (First time using N1MM)

I just operated the CQWWDXSSB on 80M, but had n1MM setup for CQWPX.
How can I transfer the contact log from WPX into a CQWWDXSSB file?
File>Copy This Content to Another Database doesn't seem to work.
File>Import>Recover QSOs from a Transaction Log doesn't seem to work.
Help pse...
k8ur@...

k8ur

Tks Alan!

Mitch Mitchell
RF/Microwave Engineering Guru
443-926-2541

On Oct 30, 2019, at 19:28, Alan K7ACZ <k7acz@...> wrote:

[...]

ve3ki

That will not work without more steps between the export and import steps. ND9G has already posted a link to the page in the documentation where this is discussed in detail.

First, every QSO record in the exported ADIF file has a field called CONTEST_ID which the program checks on import to make sure it matches the currently selected log type (there is one exception: importing into the general DX log type does not do this log type checking). In order to import ADIF from a WPX log into a CQWW log, the CONTEST_ID field must be changed from <CONTEST_ID:10>CQ-WPX-SSB to <CONTEST_ID:9>CQ-WW-SSB .

Next, the exchange in the two contests is stored in different fields. If the received CQ zone during the contest was entered into the Entry window box that is used to enter the received serial number in WPX, then the received exchange will have been exported in a field called SRX. The CQ WW exchange is stored in a field called CQZ. This is further complicated by the fact that in contests other than the CQ WW, the program still stores and exports a value in the CQZ field. This value is the CQ zone that the program guesses from the call sign. This is correct in many cases, but it is very often wrong for US call signs, and sometimes wrong for a few other isolated cases where the zone is ambiguous (for example, VE2 call signs). The correct value to log is the zone you received from the other station and entered into the box in the Entry window, not the value the program silently guessed. To change this, you can delete the CQZ field from every record and then change the name of the SRX field from SRX to CQZ - or, you can leave the two fields as is except for those rare cases where they are different, and just edit the CQZ field in those rare cases to match the number you logged for that station. (BTW, this particular case, going from CQ WPX to CQ WW, is one of the easier ones to deal with - there are some other cases where dealing with the different exchanges can be considerably more complicated.)

Finally, if you export a contact or contacts from one log and import them into another log in the same database file, the program will not import the contact as is. It will add one second to the QSO time in order to prevent the contact from being an exact duplicate. If the contact happened to be logged at the 59th second of a clock minute, the program will change the seconds field from 59 to 00, but it doesn't increment the minutes field in order not to change the time in the exported Cabrillo file, so those particular contacts will be logged with a 59-second error instead of a one second error. If you logged more than one contact in that clock minute, the order of the contacts in your log will be changed because of this.

If accuracy to the second (for most contacts, to the minute for a few rare contacts) matters to you, you should create a new database and a new CQ WW log in that database to import the ADIF file into. If you don't mind the slight time errors in the new log, then you can ignore the nag message about duplicate contacts and import into a different log in the same database. (Do not import contacts back into the same contest log they were exported from - that will create duplicates for every contact imported, and removing those duplicates will be a tedious task.)

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 07:31 PM, Alan K7ACZ wrote:

[...]

Tim Shoppa

It's answering a different question than what you asked.

BUT... you can generate the Cabillo for the WPX SSB log, open it in a text editor, change CONTEST: to read CQ-WW-SSB .

Then, if you sent your actual zone and not the WPX serial number, for each QSO line change the serial number to your CQ zone.

Then save this file, and submit this corrected log to the sponsor.

It is actually kind of common for folks to have sent a serial number instead of zone number (although I'm sure a PITA for the contest sponsor it is one of the more common goofs) and if you sent a serial number instead of zone I'm sure you can send your log in with the serial numbers you sent.

Tim N3QE