Topics

Connection Box when WSJT-X or JTDX is run through N1MM+

Lewis Sayre

I understand and appreciate the presence of the little rectangle connection box that becomes welded to the upper left hand corner of the screen after the digital program is established. Having the little square turn from red to green is re-assuring that things might actually be working correctly. After calling CQ or decoding somebody, would it be possible for that little connection box to go away, or at least be made possible to move it to some lonely part of the screen?  It blocks where the computer sounds speakers control comes to rest, the lower frequency part of the waterfall and some chat input box that can be moved.
    This is way down on the list of serious things to do and i hesitate to ask about it because of all the very cool things that have been done to make N1MM+ much more friendly to the digital programs.
   Thanks!
  73 and I remain,
   Lew    w7ew

ve3ki

On my system that box is movable, the same as any other window - click on the title bar and move it.

If the box has been moved so high up on the screen that the title bar is not visible (above the top of the screen), then you can edit the position in the n1mmlogger.ini file. First close N1MM+. Then find the Documents\N1MM Logger+\n1mm logger.ini file and open it with Notepad. Look for the section called [WSJTRadio1], and in that section, find a line that starts Top= . If the number after the equals sign is negative, make it zero or slightly positive to move the window below the top of your screen the next time it is opened. The larger the number, the lower down the screen the window will open. Save the changes in Notepad, and now open N1MM+, load the WSJT-X window and check to see whether you can now move that window.

Rich VE3KI

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 08:05 PM, Lewis Sayre wrote:
I understand and appreciate the presence of the little rectangle connection box that becomes welded to the upper left hand corner of the screen after the digital program is established. Having the little square turn from red to green is re-assuring that things might actually be working correctly. After calling CQ or decoding somebody, would it be possible for that little connection box to go away, or at least be made possible to move it to some lonely part of the screen?  It blocks where the computer sounds speakers control comes to rest, the lower frequency part of the waterfall and some chat input box that can be moved.
    This is way down on the list of serious things to do and i hesitate to ask about it because of all the very cool things that have been done to make N1MM+ much more friendly to the digital programs.
   Thanks!
  73 and I remain,
   Lew    w7ew

Chuck Dietz

My “little square” does not turn green. 

Chuck W5PR 

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 7:58 PM ve3ki <ve3iay@...> wrote:
On my system that box is movable, the same as any other window - click on the title bar and move it.

If the box has been moved so high up on the screen that the title bar is not visible (above the top of the screen), then you can edit the position in the n1mmlogger.ini file. First close N1MM+. Then find the Documents\N1MM Logger+\n1mm logger.ini file and open it with Notepad. Look for the section called [WSJTRadio1], and in that section, find a line that starts Top= . If the number after the equals sign is negative, make it zero or slightly positive to move the window below the top of your screen the next time it is opened. The larger the number, the lower down the screen the window will open. Save the changes in Notepad, and now open N1MM+, load the WSJT-X window and check to see whether you can now move that window.

Rich VE3KI

Thanks!
  73 and I remain,
   Lew    w7ew

ve3ki

Does WSJT-X open? There are two windows, the main WSJT-X window and the Wide Graph (waterfall) window. If WSJT-X does not open, check the path in the Configurer under the Digital Modes tab, bottom of the window (for WSJT-X, it should end in something like ...\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe). If WSJT-X opens but the status does not turn green, that suggests a configuration error. Perhaps the UDP port has not been enabled in either N1MM+ (Configurer, Broadcast Data tab, near the bottom - UDP port 2237), or WSJT-X (Settings, Reporting, UDP Server, Accept UDP Requests, also on port 2237), or else maybe the rig control setting in WSJT-X has not been set to DX Lab Suite Commander.

Rich VE3KI

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 09:42 PM, Chuck Dietz wrote:

Chuck W5PR 

Rich VE3KI

Thanks!
  73 and I remain,
   Lew    w7ew

Chuck Dietz

Ok, thanks. WSJT-x opens, but I have it set for Flex 6xxx instead of DX Labs Commander. Everything seems to work ok except maybe the duping. I will try resetting it to DX Lab Commander.

Chuck W5PR

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 9:21 PM ve3ki <ve3iay@...> wrote:
Does WSJT-X open? There are two windows, the main WSJT-X window and the Wide Graph (waterfall) window. If WSJT-X does not open, check the path in the Configurer under the Digital Modes tab, bottom of the window (for WSJT-X, it should end in something like ...\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe). If WSJT-X opens but the status does not turn green, that suggests a configuration error. Perhaps the UDP port has not been enabled in either N1MM+ (Configurer, Broadcast Data tab, near the bottom - UDP port 2237), or WSJT-X (Settings, Reporting, UDP Server, Accept UDP Requests, also on port 2237), or else maybe the rig control setting in WSJT-X has not been set to DX Lab Suite Commander.

Rich VE3KI

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 09:42 PM, Chuck Dietz wrote:

Chuck W5PR 

Rich VE3KI

Thanks!
  73 and I remain,
   Lew    w7ew