Topics

Configurer - Audio tab gone?

Andy k3wyc

The Audio tab is no longer shown in Configurer.  Was it moved somewhere else or was it accidentally removed when adding the WSJT.JTDX tab?  See attached.

Andy, k3wyc

John Bednar

Andy,

When Logger+ Audio is used, the audio tab is removed.

Click Config, Logger+ Audio Setup to open the audio panel.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Andy k3wyc
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2019 3:14 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] Configurer - Audio tab gone?

The Audio tab is no longer shown in Configurer.  Was it moved somewhere else or was it accidentally removed when adding the WSJT.JTDX tab?  See attached.

Andy, k3wyc

Vladimir Pavlica

Same with me???

Any help?

Vlatko 9a9r

Sent from my Huawei Mobile

-------- Original Message --------
CC:

Andy, k3wyc

John Bednar

Vlatko,

When Logger+ Audio is enabled, the audio tab is removed.

Click Config, Logger+ Audio Setup to open the audio panel.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Vladimir Pavlica
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 4:09 AM
To: Andy k3wyc; N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Configurer - Audio tab gone?

Same with me???

Any help?

Vlatko 9a9r

CC:

Andy, k3wyc

ve3ki

Go to <https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/setup/the-configurer/#audio-tab> - the online manual documentation for the Audio tab in the Configurer. Read the first text box, then use the Config > Logger+ Audio Setup menu item to set up audio. The documentation for this is at <https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/entry-window/#config-menu-selections> (third menu item in the list).

Rich VE3KI

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 06:56 AM, Vladimir Pavlica wrote:
Same with me???

Any help?

Vlatko 9a9r

CC:

Andy, k3wyc

Andy k3wyc

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 04:01 AM, John Bednar wrote:
However, the Config menu still indicates that the audio tab is there.  See attached image.

Wouldn't the user interface be more intuitive if the Audio tab remained and it called the "Audio Setup & Monitor" window?

Andy, k3wyc

John Bednar

Andy,

No. it would be confusing if Logger+ Audio was enabled and the legacy audio player panel was visible.

I will remove the word “Audio” from the Configurer menu text.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Andy k3wyc
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:42 AM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Configurer - Audio tab gone?

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 04:01 AM, John Bednar wrote:

However, the Config menu still indicates that the audio tab is there.  See attached image.

Wouldn't the user interface be more intuitive if the Audio tab remained and it called the "Audio Setup & Monitor" window?

Andy, k3wyc

Andy k3wyc

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 05:56 AM, John Bednar wrote:
No. it would be confusing if Logger+ Audio was enabled and the legacy audio player panel was visible.
John,

I'm suggesting that the Audio tab remains in Configurer.  When the Audio tab is clicked what is displayed would depend on whether "Use Logger plus audio" is enabled.

If not enabled then click on Audio tab opens the legacy audio panel which includes legacy recorder selections.

If enabled then click on Audio tab opens "Audio Setup & Monitor"  which  does not include legacy recorder selections.

Ideally Audio Setup and Monitor would display a note such as "For Legacy Audio, deselect "N1MM Logger+" Audio in Config Menu".

Andy, k3wyc