Topics

Configurations

David Jaffe

I have several radically different radio setups that I use. I've been managing it by having several N1MM Logger.ini files that I swap in by hand before launching the program. But this has the disadvantage that I need to remember to save it off afterwards if I want any changes to be remembered.

For example, when I'm operating at StationX, I first copy the file "StationX.ini" to "N1MM Logger.ini", then launch N1MM Logger.  Then, when I'm done, I copy "N1MM Logger.ini" back to "StationX.ini", so any "recent contests" or moved windows or whatever, can be saved.

Is there any way to do this in a more elegant way?

If not, I imagine a feature request would be to simply be able to specify the default INI file.  There could be a "configuration" menu where you chose the ini file to use.  That would be sticky, and all changes would go into that ini file.   Of course, somewhere the choice of INI file would have to be remembered (a "meta-INI file").  Or perhaps, a backwards compatible way would be. . .

Have a new tag in the INI file.  If this is not present, then the INI file itself is where everything is read from and saved.  But if that tag is present, and points to a valid INI file, then that file is used and the master INI file is untouched.

David
K6DAJ

ve3ki