Topics

CLUSTER

ea4bas

Hello, report that this past weekend, I have observed that the cluster of NC7J and W9PA did not work to be used in the Contest PRO CW CONTEST (PCC) 2019, I spoke with Ale IZ4OSH and enabled TELNET to work with N1MM, and Ale's help was successful.

But it was curious what worked for us in Italy and Spain, it didn't work in Uruguay according to our friend CX7SS Eugenio

Miguel Iborra

+34 607 606 045

Pete Smith

I'm confused.  Both of these clusters worked fine all last weekend for me, and are working fine today.  I think it was IZ4OSH who sent a screenshot showing that he was receiving spots in some inter-cluster format.  He opined that something had been changed "by Microsoft" on a global basis, but my best guess is that he connected to the wrong port on these clusters.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 12/10/2019 1:48 AM, ea4bas wrote:

Hello, report that this past weekend, I have observed that the cluster of NC7J and W9PA did not work to be used in the Contest PRO CW CONTEST (PCC) 2019, I spoke with Ale IZ4OSH and enabled TELNET to work with N1MM, and Ale's help was successful.

But it was curious what worked for us in Italy and Spain, it didn't work in Uruguay according to our friend CX7SS Eugenio

Miguel Iborra

+34 607 606 045

InMiami Ale

Pete the connection ports are right I repeat in EUROPA AND OTHER PAESI ON AMERICA THE CLUSTERS MENZIONATI NOT FUNCTION!!!!! And I RESULT from INSING IN THE CENTRE IN AMERICA CONTINUE TO NOT FUNCTION. I'm going to have to do that in the first place.

Vytenis LY5T

And I report that both NC7J and W9PA are working fine now (03.09utc) from LY.

73
Vytenis LY5T

AB2ZY

For those that are experiencing this problem – can you let me know (privately is fine to keep the forum traffic down) what language & version of Windows you are running? I’d like to establish whether the geography is a correlation or possible causation.

Al

AB2ZY

[...]

I suggest that anyone experiencing this problem should connect to the affected ARC V6 cluster again and enter SET DX OUTPUT ON.  Max, NG7M clued me in to this.  I just turned on the AR17 protocol with SET DX OUTPUT AR17 and was seeing exactly what you saw from W9PA.  SET DX OUTPUT ON restored the normal formatting.

Here's a sample:

On 12/11/2019 9:58 AM, InMiami Ale wrote:

Pete the connection ports are right I repeat in EUROPA AND OTHER PAESI ON AMERICA THE CLUSTERS MENZIONATI NOT FUNCTION!!!!! And I RESULT from INSING IN THE CENTRE IN AMERICA CONTINUE TO NOT FUNCTION. I'm going to have to do that in the first place.

InMiami Ale

Hello Pete, then the filter as you say to set it tried several times, the result that worked for a short period ie 5 minutes then the node got stuck, same test did it with an external client the result and was equal.

Now I'm working on the nc7j node and it's been working for two days like this, iz4osh-7 works, iz4osh doesn't work.

Now the same setting if I connect to the knot of w9pa does not work, littlei I was studying the settings that passed to my friend Dave w9pa as soon as I solved Let you know.

73 Ale

Pete Smith

Well at least it's not some sort of Internet-wide phenomenon.  Are you using the exact address and port specified in the N1MM cluster list?

On 12/11/2019 7:56 PM, InMiami Ale wrote:

Hello Pete, then the filter as you say to set it tried several times, the result that worked for a short period ie 5 minutes then the node got stuck, same test did it with an external client the result and was equal.

Now I'm working on the nc7j node and it's been working for two days like this, iz4osh-7 works, iz4osh doesn't work.

Now the same setting if I connect to the knot of w9pa does not work, littlei I was studying the settings that passed to my friend Dave w9pa as soon as I solved Let you know.

73 Ale

Vytenis LY5T

One more idea. You can enable telnet client on your PC and connect to these nodes directly. If problem persists - its not related to n1mm. If not - it is.

73
Vytenis

InMiami Ale

Good morning everyone, sorry if I didn't do an update yesterday but here between bad weather (snow) and qrl I didn't get to connect.

Meanwhile I thank Pete N4ZR for his valuable suggestions, but I must say that it was not enough to introduce to the macro the setting he suggested, I had to rewrite all the steps of the filters that n1mm releases of defoult i.e. native when installing the Program.

I thank my friend Dave w9pa for the documentation he sent me and after studying the possible solutions I arrived at the following result, Now the nodes nc7j and w9pa work without interruption, the tests I ran were done on external clients and on several logs that are used every day for dx or for contests.

Now we get to the hard, the command keys set dx output on I had set it for a long time but it was not clear to me why suddenly last week had finished working and here the mystery...

Now after the necessary checks and tests these are the settings that I'm using that now work on every cluster that I connect.

SET DX OUTPUT ON
Show dx
SH/U
SH/WWV
set dx Filter ->Turns on all spots including Skimmer
Set Dx Filter Not Skimmer -> Turns off skimmer spots
set/filters dxorigstate/pass ny,nj,ct,ri,ma,nh,vt,me
set/filters dxorigcty/pass k,ve, xe

With these commands telnet works smoothly, but if you have to change something happens as if you test that the nodes after 5 minutes finish their operation.

the same settings are in use by those who had the malfunction of telnet last weekend and those who had reported me the problem (really many) now assure me that everything is back to normal and that they are happy.

Thank you to all those who in their own way contributed to the good result.

73 Ale IZ4OSH

InMiami Ale

Sorry there is a miswriting you setting that I sent you, this the fix: