Topics

cannot get Call History to work in CW or Phone Sweepstakes

w0tt@...

I worked CW Sweepstakes last weekend, and also intend to operate Phone SS in 2 weeks.  But I cannot get Call History to work.

The Call History file appears to import OK, and the exchange information appears in black text on the “Regional Heading” line, but nothing appears in the contest exchange window.

I believe that it worked OK last year.  But when I read last year’s log and call history file, it appears not to work now.

Anyone else have this difficulty/solutions?

W0TT

ve3ki

Is the Config > Enable Call History Lookup manu item checked? If you want the data from the call history file to prefill in the exchange box, this option must be checked.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 03:33 PM, Eric Zust - W0TT wrote:

I worked CW Sweepstakes last weekend, and also intend to operate Phone SS in 2 weeks.  But I cannot get Call History to work.

The Call History file appears to import OK, and the exchange information appears in black text on the “Regional Heading” line, but nothing appears in the contest exchange window.

I believe that it worked OK last year.  But when I read last year’s log and call history file, it appears not to work now.

Anyone else have this difficulty/solutions?

W0TT

greggr57@...

Space bar fills in the data after you enter the callsign.

Pete Smith

Did you Enable Call history Lookup on the Config menu?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 11/8/2019 3:31 PM, Eric Zust - W0TT wrote:

I worked CW Sweepstakes last weekend, and also intend to operate Phone SS in 2 weeks.  But I cannot get Call History to work.

The Call History file appears to import OK, and the exchange information appears in black text on the “Regional Heading” line, but nothing appears in the contest exchange window.

I believe that it worked OK last year.  But when I read last year’s log and call history file, it appears not to work now.

Anyone else have this difficulty/solutions?

W0TT

Eric Zust - W0TT <w0tt@...>

Pete,

   Yes I enabled Call History.

   I did some additional testing.

   I imported Call History files from N1MM website for the following contests:

ARRL-SS-CW

ARRL-SS-Phone

ARRL-DX- CW

ARRL-160

Stew Perry

   All of these loaded OK, and then I made sure that Call History Look-up was enabled.

   All of these would show the call history data in the text area below the call-entry window.

   But the only contests where the Exchange info would pre-populate the entry window were:

ARRL-DX-CW

and

ARRL-160

   So I wonder if I have something set-up incorrectly in my version of N1MM?

Thanks,

Eric – W0TT

Did you Enable Call history Lookup on the Config menu?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

On 11/8/2019 3:31 PM, Eric Zust - W0TT wrote:

I worked CW Sweepstakes last weekend, and also intend to operate Phone SS in 2 weeks.  But I cannot get Call History to work.

The Call History file appears to import OK, and the exchange information appears in black text on the “Regional Heading” line, but nothing appears in the contest exchange window.

I believe that it worked OK last year.  But when I read last year’s log and call history file, it appears not to work now.

Anyone else have this difficulty/solutions?

W0TT

Jamie WW3S

what contest are you set up for? call history lookup is unique to the contest selected, for example, ARRL_DX_CW wont work if you have SS selected as the contest, they have to match.....and then press spacebar to do the lookup.....if the call is in the entry window the info wont populate until you hit spacebar

Did you Enable Call history Lookup on the Config menu?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

On 11/8/2019 3:31 PM, Eric Zust - W0TT wrote:

I worked CW Sweepstakes last weekend, and also intend to operate Phone SS in 2 weeks.  But I cannot get Call History to work.

The Call History file appears to import OK, and the exchange information appears in black text on the “Regional Heading” line, but nothing appears in the contest exchange window.

I believe that it worked OK last year.  But when I read last year’s log and call history file, it appears not to work now.

Anyone else have this difficulty/solutions?

W0TT

Pete Smith

And, of course, you need to identify the call history file to be used on the Associated Files tab of the Contest Setup dialog.