Topics

Cannot Connect to Telnet Clusters

Riki, K7NJ

I’ve not been able to properly connect to telnet clusters. Usually, after a few seconds, I get the message “Connection Error Occurred”. But a few clusters, like GB7UJS.shacknet.NU:7373, seem to connect for a few seconds, but after 10 seconds or so they send a message saying “Connection Failed”.

An important clue is that there is no trouble connecting to the VE7CC cluster which works fine as far as it goes. But, I would prefer connecting to clusters that use AR Cluster V6  that will forward all spots (less only those that I’ve requested to filter out).

Any help in solving this problem (especially in time for the CQWW) would be very much appreciated.

73, Riki 4X4NJ (K7NJ)

Avast logo

Ronald Morgan

Same telenet issue here in Illinois. I can connect to Northeast Servers but not to the ones in Central USA.

Ron Morgan, AD9I

On Nov 22, 2016, at 5:01 PM, 'Riki, K7NJ' k7nj@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

I’ve not been able to properly connect to telnet clusters. Usually, after a few seconds, I get the message “Connection Error Occurred”. But a few clusters, like GB7UJS.shacknet.NU:7373, seem to connect for a few seconds, but after 10 seconds or so they send a message saying “Connection Failed”.

An important clue is that there is no trouble connecting to the VE7CC cluster which works fine as far as it goes. But, I would prefer connecting to clusters that use AR Cluster V6  that will forward all spots (less only those that I’ve requested to filter out).

Any help in solving this problem (especially in time for the CQWW) would be very much appreciated.

73, Riki 4X4NJ (K7NJ)

Avast logo

Lee Sawkins

Hi Riki

You have set filtering at the VE7CC-1 cluster to reject all bands/modes except 40 meter CW.  It is no wonder you don't see many spots.  If you log in as 4X4NJ-16 you can set up filtering specifically for the CQ WW CW contest.  You can turn on skimmer spots by the command SET/SKIMMER.  You can reject all RTTY, PSK spots by the command SET/FILTER KEYWORD/REJ RTTY, PSK.

See VE7CC DX Cluster

Lee Sawkins

If you can connect to some servers and not others then the others are no longer in operation or you have the wrong addresses for them.

Lee VE7CC

Riki, K7NJ

Thanks Lee. You are 100% right.  I finally asked a friend who operates a DX Cluster for his URL. I added his URL to the Telnet list in N1MM+, and it works fine.  The obvious conclusion is that the N1MM DX Cluster list is in bad need of updating!

Just in case there would be problems with the DX Cluster that I’m connecting to, I would feel much better if I had a few more AR Cluster V6 DX clusters available. Many thanks to anybody who would be kind enough to send me a few URLs for such clusters.

Now the challenge is to set up the filters.  I say challenge because all the links that I’ve found for comprehensive information about AR Cluster V6 filters don’t work. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated.

73, Riki 4X4NJ (K7NJ)

Avast logo

GALE STEWARD <k3nd@...>

Hi Riki,

Glad that you got it sorted. The following all work here:

K3LR    DX.K3LR.com, port 23

K1TTT    K1TTT.net, port 23

K3WW    K3WW.GOFRC.org, port 7300

73, Stew K3ND

Thanks Lee. You are 100% right.  I finally asked a friend who operates a DX Cluster for his URL. I added his URL to the Telnet list in N1MM+, and it works fine.  The obvious conclusion is that the N1MM DX Cluster list is in bad need of updating!

Just in case there would be problems with the DX Cluster that I’m connecting to, I would feel much better if I had a few more AR Cluster V6 DX clusters available. Many thanks to anybody who would be kind enough to send me a few URLs for such clusters.

Now the challenge is to set up the filters.  I say challenge because all the links that I’ve found for comprehensive information about AR Cluster V6 filters don’t work. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated.

73, Riki 4X4NJ (K7NJ)

Avast logo

robby@...

Could you send me one of those URLs?  I have lost my telnet several months ago. I even bought another laptop and installed N1MM+ and still get connection failed. DXLabs works fine so it isn't the router.
-Robby
HP3SS

John Bednar

Robby,

Remember the Firewall allows “programs” to pass data. Make sure your firewall allows Logger+ to reach the web.

John, K3CT