Topics

Callsign Voicing? My N1MM+ Doesn't Read

Doug Jones

Not getting the callsign voicing feature to actually voice the callsign ...

I have .WAV files for all letters and numbers.  Logger+ Audio Setup finds them OK and does not indicate anything missing.  "Concatenate audio files before playing" is checked.  "Use Logger+ Audio" is on.  SSB messages .MC file has the ! macro assigned to F5 key for Run and S&P modes both; the whole macro for both is "His Call,!"  Assigning and playing a separately recorded .WAV file to the other F keys (CQ, exchange) appear to work as intended.

But: I am not getting N1MM+ to actually voice the callsign in the entry window.  No matter what callsign, when I press F5 key in S&P mode N1MM voices "A, B, C," and continuing on through the alphabet.  In Run mode, any callsign gets voiced as "9, Z, A, B, C" and continuing the alphabet.

I am obviously missing or misunderstanding something here, and so far haven't searched out a pertinent answer.  What am I missing?

Thanks, Doug AF4T

John GM0OPS

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 09:00 AM, Doug Jones wrote:
I have .WAV files for all letters and numbers.  Logger+ Audio Setup finds them OK and does not indicate anything missing.  "Concatenate audio files before playing" is checked.  "Use Logger+ Audio" is on.  SSB messages .MC file has the ! macro assigned to F5 key for Run and S&P modes both; the whole macro for both is "His Call,!"  Assigning and playing a separately recorded .WAV file to the other F keys (CQ, exchange) appear to work as intended.
Hi Doug

In your WAV folder do you have a folder with the Callsign your using? If not, create one and copy all the files into it and try and see if that works for you.

Regards
John
GM0OPS/MM9I

Mirko �ibilja

Hi Doug,

do you have 100.wav and 1000.waf files or hundred.wav and thousand.wav? If you have 100.wav or 1000.wav, rename them, for advanced voicing won't work with 100 and 1000.WAV.

73, Mirko, S57AD

--
Mirko S57AD

Doug Jones

Using this folder structure for voicing files:
  • ...Documents\N1MM+ Logger\Wav
    • AF4T [Exchange.WAV, etc. are here]
    • LettersFiles
      • AF4T [Number and letter .WAVs are here]
I think the numbers and letters are where they are supposed to be, or at least N1MM+ doesn't complain that any of them are missing.  But I get the same result with the letter and number .WAV files anywhere in this folder structure, though.

don't have any numbers .WAV files other than 0 through 9.  No 100s or hundreds.

(Note: I have a Wav subdirectory in the N1MM+ program directory also, it had two files Assist.wav and Empty.wav.  I even dropped a NTFS junction to the two subfolders in the N1MM+ Logger %USERPROFILE%\Documents folder, still no luck.)

Mirko �ibilja

Hi Doug,

don't have any numbers .WAV files other than 0 through 9.  No 100s or hundreds.

I think you need numbers.WAV files from 0 to 99, then Hundred.WAV, 200.WAV, etc up to Thausand.WAV for advanced voicing. At least, I do have them and advanced voicing is working for me. By the way, I used W1VE tools for crating all those files...

73, Mirko, S57AD

V V pet., 23. okt. 2020 ob 21:47 je oseba Doug Jones <dougaf4t@...> napisala:

Using this folder structure for voicing files:
  • ...Documents\N1MM+ Logger\Wav
    • AF4T [Exchange.WAV, etc. are here]
    • LettersFiles
      • AF4T [Number and letter .WAVs are here]
I think the numbers and letters are where they are supposed to be, or at least N1MM+ doesn't complain that any of them are missing.  But I get the same result with the letter and number .WAV files anywhere in this folder structure, though.

don't have any numbers .WAV files other than 0 through 9.  No 100s or hundreds.

(Note: I have a Wav subdirectory in the N1MM+ program directory also, it had two files Assist.wav and Empty.wav.  I even dropped a NTFS junction to the two subfolders in the N1MM+ Logger %USERPROFILE%\Documents folder, still no luck.)

--
Mirko S57AD

n7wy

You do NOT need 1-99 voiced.  You need 0-19 voiced plus 20, 30,..90; hundred and thousand.  See the N1MM docs for confirmation