Topics

Call History File

Ed W2LCQ

Was a new CW Ops file uploaded this week?  The latest one I have is 2377 10/16/19. I didn’t see anything on the Call History download page.  Thanks for the help.

73, Ed

73, Ed Jones W2LCQ

            —- Frankford Radio Club —-
CWops 701 - SKCC 5474C - FISTS 12294

ART W2NRA

Hi Ed,

The location for call history files was move. Here’s the new link:

Then click on Call history.

There was a new one posted yesterday. We’ve been told there will no longer be a date or newest member number in this files name.

73, art w2nra

On Oct 30, 2019, at 10:39 PM, Ed W2LCQ via Groups.Io <w2lcq@...> wrote:

Was a new CW Ops file uploaded this week?  The latest one I have is 2377 10/16/19. I didn’t see anything on the Call History download page.  Thanks for the help.

73, Ed

73, Ed Jones W2LCQ

            —- Frankford Radio Club —-
CWops 701 - SKCC 5474C - FISTS 12294

Ed W2LCQ

Hi Art,

Thanks for the heads up and the link!

All best, Ed

On Oct 31, 2019, at 12:48 AM, ART W2NRA via Groups.Io <w2nra@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

The location for call history files was move. Here’s the new link:

Then click on Call history.

There was a new one posted yesterday. We’ve been told there will no longer be a date or newest member number in this files name.

73, art w2nra

On Oct 30, 2019, at 10:39 PM, Ed W2LCQ via Groups.Io <w2lcq@...> wrote:

Was a new CW Ops file uploaded this week?  The latest one I have is 2377 10/16/19. I didn’t see anything on the Call History download page.  Thanks for the help.

73, Ed

73, Ed Jones W2LCQ

            —- Frankford Radio Club —-
CWops 701 - SKCC 5474C - FISTS 12294

Dale Martin

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/downloads/#elf_l1_Lw

That was a new link on me, so I went to it.

And found a Download column containing a Call History Files folder. Single-clicking on it did nothing.

The next field over, there was another Call History Files folder. I single-clicked on it and nothing happened. I double-clicked on it and it presented a plain text file, “Call_History_Files_Have_moved.txt”

 I opened the text file and found the URL of the new Call History File folder location:
https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/mmfiles/categories/callhistory/

I tried that on my browser (Chrome).

That took me to the Call History Files webpage.

I single-clicked on “CWOPS” and it opened another page where there was a DOWNLOAD button with which to download the latest (and only) CWOPS.txt file.

I suggest to anyone who frequently or even infrequently or even thinks there a chance to need the CWOPS file in the somewhere in the future to put the URL in their browser bookmarks. One click and you’re there.

73,
Dale, kg5u

Larry K8UT

Dale

Three months ago we migrated to a new File Manager plug-in on the website, giving us more features and function than the previous manager. Fearing that many users had bookmarked the URLs of file locations for the old manager (as in your case), we left the old manager folders in place with instructions for how to find the new file location. It's not a perfect solution, but it's better than encountering a 404 error.

With 500+ downloadable files on the website, sometimes the hardest part is just finding stuff. For me, a straightforward method for finding stuff under the new file manager is to look by the file category. The menu trail for that is >Downloads >Category Menu... and choose the Category - such as Call History Files. Even then, you have 80+ CH files from which to choose - so these pages are equipped with Sort and Search functions to assist you.

-larry K8UT

[...]

Art,

NO! That's the old link. <sigh> See other email from me on this subject.

>there will no longer be a date or newest member number in this files name
This may change, again. The Dev Team is working with Claude VE2FK on an update that will simplify the process by which you learn of a new Call History file for a particular contest; download it; and assign it in the >Associated Files declaration of N1MM+. Part of the challenge is "knowing" what version you have on your desktop and whether the website's file manager has a newer one (or not). The key here may be the file name... stay tuned.