Topics

Blank waterfall

CHRIS COLCLOUGH

Hello guys,

This is going to be something real simple, and will be something I am not seeing as the issue. I will start with my set up:

Kenwood TS590S, Microham MicroKeyer II, Win10 PC, N1MM+ latest version - either MMTTY or MMVARI for RTTY

The issue, apart from operator being dumb, is that the waterfall is just blank on receive. Transmits all OK, I can here the stations, the rig control works, but not showing any RX traces on the waterfall. This has just started and has me completely stuck. I have checked all my soundcard settings and they look to be OK. I have even done a test with Logger 32 using same RTTY engine and it is the same a blank waterfall, and with MixW I get the same too. The stupid thing is this worked OK for the last RTTY Contest and I have not changed anything.

Win 10 update threw out everything else but I have done a system restore and they are all OK now, and work on receive (I am currently decoding plenty of FT8 signals on all bands with no issues). I know this could be a hardware issue and hope that it is just an audio setting, rather than anything else, which has me confused and unable to see.

Many thanks in advance for any help received, and please let me get this sorted so I can have some fun in the CQWW RTTY contest.

Chris Colclough

G1VDP

Jan

Hi Chris

I had the same with my Digi Keyer ||

In my case the RX main and RX sub knobs were at the minimum level.
But I don't know if you have these on your Microkeyer ..

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 28-9-2019 om 10:09 schreef CHRIS COLCLOUGH via Groups.Io:

[...]

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

CHRIS COLCLOUGH

Hello Jan,

Many thanks for the suggestion, I had eliminated that part in initial testing. But thanks to Axel (DL6KVA) and his suggestion that the sound card needed setting to line output it now works.

As I said a simple fix that I could not see for looking too hard and too deep.

Chris Colclough
G1VDP

Mob: 07947 524803
QTHR

RNARS London (HMS Belfast) #667

On Saturday, 28 September 2019, 10:20:18 BST, Jan <pa4jj@...> wrote:

[...]

kb3fkh@...

May I ask for clarification on how to get it working?

I have the latest version (at least as of earlier this week) of N1MMLogger+ installed with a Yaesu 991A connected.  The frequency in the lower right corner tracks correctly, but the spectrum display is blank (see screenshot).  Granted that I am kinda a newbie to this program, but I can't figure out why I don't see anything.

Spectrum Source:  Other radios
Associated Radio:  Radio1 (my FT-991A)

Thanks.

image.png

ve3ki

While the FT-991A has a front-panel spectrum display, looking at the CAT reference manual I have not found a way for the radio to convey spectrum data to a computer. In the absence of some way to send spectrum data via the CAT control path, it looks to me as if you will need additional hardware (an external SDR of some kind) to generate spectrum data that a computer program (like N1MM+) can use.