Topics

Available slow refresh

Vytenis LY5T

I noticed this a month or so ago.
It takes a lot longer than before to re paint red to blue color in Available window. i.e.if I work multiplier, say zone itu  z27 in current lzdx contest, all other z27 multiplier callsigns in Available window remains red even minutes after first z27 qso worked.
If I click to insert this fake "multiplier" into Entry window and press Alt-Q (go back to CQ freq, ) callign is repainted to blue.
Telnet spots shows up without delay and goes away as soon as are worked.
Anyone else noticed this? Is there anything I can do on my side to fix?
v. 1.0.8014 win7/64b Core i5-5300 8GB ram +SSD

Vytenis LY5T

John Bednar

Vytenis,

When a multiplier is worked the Entry window sends an update to all windows. The update should occur immediately.

I just ran a quick test with the LZDX contest and the Available window works as I describe.

If you are using a language pack, does the problem disappear when you switch to English?

John, K3CT

It takes a lot longer than before to re paint red to blue color in Available window. i.e.if I work multiplier, say zone itu  z27 in current lzdx contest, all other z27 multiplier callsigns in Available window remains red even minutes after first z27 qso worked.
If I click to insert this fake "multiplier" into Entry window and press Alt-Q (go back to CQ freq, ) callign is repainted to blue.
Telnet spots shows up without delay and goes away as soon as are worked.
Anyone else noticed this? Is there anything I can do on my side to fix?
v. 1.0.8014 win7/64b Core i5-5300 8GB ram +SSD

Vytenis LY5T

John Bednar

Vytenis,

If you change to a new language, you should delete all spots. Right click in the Bandmap and select remove all spots, all bands.

John, K3CT

It takes a lot longer than before to re paint red to blue color in Available window. i.e.if I work multiplier, say zone itu  z27 in current lzdx contest, all other z27 multiplier callsigns in Available window remains red even minutes after first z27 qso worked.
If I click to insert this fake "multiplier" into Entry window and press Alt-Q (go back to CQ freq, ) callign is repainted to blue.
Telnet spots shows up without delay and goes away as soon as are worked.
Anyone else noticed this? Is there anything I can do on my side to fix?
v. 1.0.8014 win7/64b Core i5-5300 8GB ram +SSD

Vytenis LY5T

Axel Schernikau, DL6KVA

It happend here too without a language pack.
Entries stayed minutes after the mult was worked.

73

Axel, DL6KVA

Am 17.11.2019 um 10:45 schrieb John Bednar via Groups.Io:

[...]

Axel, give me a test case to duplicate it. Clearly my attempt did not show an issue.

Boyan, what was the other contest that you noticed the Available window behavior?

John, K3CT

It takes a lot longer than before to re paint red to blue color in Available window. i.e.if I work multiplier, say zone itu  z27 in current lzdx contest, all other z27 multiplier callsigns in Available window remains red even minutes after first z27 qso worked.
If I click to insert this fake "multiplier" into Entry window and press Alt-Q (go back to CQ freq, ) callign is repainted to blue.
Telnet spots shows up without delay and goes away as soon as are worked.
Anyone else noticed this? Is there anything I can do on my side to fix?
v. 1.0.8014 win7/64b Core i5-5300 8GB ram +SSD

Vytenis LY5T

Vytenis LY5T

Edited

No, I use default English.
Will try to insert picture to show what I mean.

Its today, LZDX. EU5C should not be red. As well as F5MUX and G4IWO. Some others like G3SWK or F8DFP or EW1TO are blue though.
And this  phenomenon is not for all callsigns in the Avalaible window, but just for some. I could npt find a pattern for this yet.

John Bednar

Vytenis,

Are you using call history data that contains entries not intended for this contest?

You can see if this is caused by call history by turning OFF call history and deleting all spots.

John, K3CT