Topics

Available slow refresh

Vytenis LY5T

I noticed this a month or so ago.
It takes a lot longer than before to re paint red to blue color in Available window. i.e.if I work multiplier, say zone itu  z27 in current lzdx contest, all other z27 multiplier callsigns in Available window remains red even minutes after first z27 qso worked.
If I click to insert this fake "multiplier" into Entry window and press Alt-Q (go back to CQ freq, ) callign is repainted to blue.
Telnet spots shows up without delay and goes away as soon as are worked.
Anyone else noticed this? Is there anything I can do on my side to fix?
v. 1.0.8014 win7/64b Core i5-5300 8GB ram +SSD

Vytenis LY5T

John Bednar

Vytenis,

When a multiplier is worked the Entry window sends an update to all windows. The update should occur immediately.

I just ran a quick test with the LZDX contest and the Available window works as I describe.

If you are using a language pack, does the problem disappear when you switch to English?

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Vytenis LY5T
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 4:01 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] Available slow refresh

It takes a lot longer than before to re paint red to blue color in Available window. i.e.if I work multiplier, say zone itu  z27 in current lzdx contest, all other z27 multiplier callsigns in Available window remains red even minutes after first z27 qso worked.
If I click to insert this fake "multiplier" into Entry window and press Alt-Q (go back to CQ freq, ) callign is repainted to blue.

Vytenis LY5T

John Bednar

Vytenis,

If you change to a new language, you should delete all spots. Right click in the Bandmap and select remove all spots, all bands.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of John Bednar via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 5:45 AM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Available slow refresh

Vytenis,

When a multiplier is worked the Entry window sends an update to all windows. The update should occur immediately.

I just ran a quick test with the LZDX contest and the Available window works as I describe.

If you are using a language pack, does the problem disappear when you switch to English?

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Vytenis LY5T

Vytenis LY5T

Axel Schernikau, DL6KVA

It happend here too without a language pack.
Entries stayed minutes after the mult was worked.

Axel, DL6KVA

Am 17.11.2019 um 10:45 schrieb John Bednar via Groups.Io:

Vytenis,

John, K3CT

Vytenis LY5T

John Bednar

Axel, give me a test case to duplicate it. Clearly my attempt did not show an issue.

Boyan, what was the other contest that you noticed the Available window behavior?

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Axel Schernikau, DL6KVA
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 5:53 AM

It happend here too without a language pack.
Entries stayed minutes after the mult was worked.

Axel, DL6KVA

Am 17.11.2019 um 10:45 schrieb John Bednar via Groups.Io:

Vytenis,

John, K3CT

Vytenis LY5T

Vytenis LY5T

Edited

No, I use default English.
Will try to insert picture to show what I mean.

Its today, LZDX. EU5C should not be red. As well as F5MUX and G4IWO. Some others like G3SWK or F8DFP or EW1TO are blue though.
And this  phenomenon is not for all callsigns in the Avalaible window, but just for some. I could npt find a pattern for this yet.

John Bednar

Vytenis,

Are you using call history data that contains entries not intended for this contest?

You can see if this is caused by call history by turning OFF call history and deleting all spots.

John, K3CT

Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 7:03 AM

No, I use default English.
Will try to insert picture to show what I mean.

Its today, LZDX. EU5C should not be red. As well as F5MUX and G4IWO. Some others like G3SWK or F8DFP or EW1TO are blue though.

Vytenis LY5T

I use call history file, but checked it and found only few dozen LZ callsigns there. Nothing else. Will turn off it temporarily.

V.

Gerald Boutin (VE1DT)

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 06:45 AM, John Bednar wrote:
Checked here with v8014 and I see the issue as well.

New spots coming in are colored correctly. Existing spots are not recolored after logging a first mult on a band.

Steps:
- New LZDX log
- Get a bunch of spots - they will all be Red.
- Dummy log a mult (eg Z28) > Other calls in this zone / band are still Red.
- OPTION (not needed to see issue): Wait for new calls from this zone. > Correctly colored blue.
- File / Open Log / LZDX / OK > Refresh occurs. Same zone calls are now colored to blue.

Note: In this example, there is also another issue. LZ calls are also now colored Blue if I work any station in Zone 28.

I was unable to find any case that made the refresh occur on it's own after working a first mult.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

John Bednar

Vytenis,

If the spots are corrupt by the call history you will need to wait until they time out and disappear or you can delete all spots.

John, K3CT

Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 8:19 AM

I use call history file, but checked it and found only few dozen LZ callsigns there. Nothing else. Will turn off it temporarily.

V.

Vytenis LY5T

I disabled Call History from config menu. also cleared it in Contest selection form. No changes.
I think I will install program on a spare laptop and will look for differences. If new installation behaves correctly I will wipe and perform fresh installation. Its not a big deal. Or just delete configuration.ini file? Don't know yet.
On the other hand, if VE1DT confirms the same behavior, I may not get what I'm trying to get.

Vytenis LY5T