Topics

A few miscellaneous questions

Bo W4GHV

Setting up for WAE RTTY & SSCW contests and learning this awesome massive sophisticated confusing program I stumbled upon this.

I'm assuming only the specific function keys for each are saved individually.??

I use MMTTY for RTTY and fldigi for CW.
The program seems to bring up what you used last and cannot be saved with a specific contest.  ???

I've written up my guide to do everything so I'm good, I think.

Two nice findings:
     fldigi and the code reader work great. Click on signal on waterfall, click on align and it shifts to my CW 600Hz filter/transmit signal!

      The winkeyer seems to be set up for CW AUTOMATICALLY!  CW is on its KEY1 & RTTY on KEY2. No specific settings?!

My only wish:
    That the program did the same for MRP40 code copy program. It is superior to fldigi in some aspects.

Thanks for the assistance, the learning process for this 80 year old is going lots smoother than I thought.

I'm still confused about the magic S/N thingy but will see what happens.  Correcting the my S/N goofs in the fldigi ADIF files was a pain.

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV

Rick Ellison

Bo..

My only wish:
    That the program did the same for MRP40 code copy program. It is superior to fldigi in some aspects.

Thanks for the assistance, the learning process for this 80 year old is going lots smoother than I thought.

MRP40 uses DDE for a connecting means to outside programs. I just can’t see adding the only DDE library(which is unsupported) to the program just for one program. If the author would change his connecting means to TCP or UDP then things could be difference but when I emailed with him a few years ago he really was not supportive of the idea….

73 Rick N2AMG

[...]

I guess he's just enjoy raking in the $75 for the program. :)
I do have two ways of using it.

I'll use fldigi, hit align to get the signal in my filter and just leave the MRP40 cursor set to the same value. If it copies better than fldigi it will be useful.

Also I can use it to find/copy signals easier and then move them down to my filter freq (600Hz) with my radio.
--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV