Topics

QTC's issue

py2ny

Good morning

I am with a problem in QTCs some time.

If I fill header by hand (not clicking over), I
can't fill the QTC's using mouse over the
QTC's in the screen.

It's weird. The only way to go till final is
doing everything by hand.

Thanks   73 dx de py2ny
.
..
--------------------------------
PY2NY / SP9NY / V26NY  - Vitor Luis Aidar dos Santos

Peter Krüger

The DI-window is "paused" - you see a yellow part in the left - then you are not able to click on the lines and fill the QTCs lines.
The logging window must be scrolling - and not paused - I had this one time but after activating the scrolling everything worked as expected.

My challenge was, that GRITTY could not decode the time when a N1MM user send QTCs - only MMTTY could do it - that was challenging :)
--
---
N1mm+Toolbox -> see at  https://df1lx.darc.de

py2ny

Thanks Peter & GU0SUP

About DI window paused, this is new for me and hope to
be corrected in the future, because isn't rare that we need
to work with RX QTC after finishing the operation.

But yeap, I had the problem only 4 or 5 times during those
700 received QTC's, when the TX station was under QSB
or other problems.

Thank you so much everybody, and congratulations to all
the guys involved with N1MM+ development. I will be
N1MM+ user forever.

Bye bye   [PY2NY]
.
..
--------------------------------

Em dom., 15 de nov. de 2020 às 19:59, Peter Krüger <pkfalkensee@...> escreveu:

The DI-window is "paused" - you see a yellow part in the left - then you are not able to click on the lines and fill the QTCs lines.
The logging window must be scrolling - and not paused - I had this one time but after activating the scrolling everything worked as expected.

My challenge was, that GRITTY could not decode the time when a N1MM user send QTCs - only MMTTY could do it - that was challenging :)
--
---
N1mm+Toolbox -> see at  https://df1lx.darc.de
---

Rick Ellison

Those of you that had pausing issues what window type are you using Scrolling or Non-Scrolling??

I’m trying to find why the pause if not returning to false . Every time a mouse down event happens in the rx windows the pause is turned on and when the mouse up event happens the pause is turned off. I need to find why it’s not turning off like it should…

73 Rick N2AMG

[...]

Phil Cooper

Rick and the gang,

I use MMTTY in D1 and a secondary decode screen of 2Tone.

I noticed that on a few occasions, the D1 window would freeze (yellow sidebar) as soon as I had received the header, but it wasn't consistent.
When I had received QTC's, I did notice that I had to click on the very first letter of QTC 26/10, rather than on the number.

On a couple of occasions when receiving QTC, I wanted to freeze the window, and in the D1 MMTTY window, this worked, but I was unable to freeze the secondary window. Clicking on the sidebar turned it yellow, but as soon as new text arrived, it unfroze automatically.

Witjh the QTC QSO data, I am sure I was previously able to click anywhere on the line to get it to populate the QTC window, but using this latest version, I had to click at the very start of the line, or it would not populate.

When you look at the code, is there a way to stop it clearing the RX window when sending QTC's? It was OK on receive, but when I sent some, it was a pain to see the RX window go blank. For me, this was because there was someone else calling me just before, and I wanted to see the call again, to make sure I had entered it right.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

http://military-jeep-brasil.blogspot.com.br/

Em dom., 15 de nov. de 2020 às 19:59, Peter Krüger <pkfalkensee@gmail.com <mailto:pkfalkensee@gmail.com> > escreveu:

The DI-window is "paused" - you see a yellow part in the left - then you are not able to click on the lines and fill the QTCs lines.
The logging window must be scrolling - and not paused - I had this one time but after activating the scrolling everything worked as expected.

My challenge was, that GRITTY could not decode the time when a N1MM user send QTCs - only MMTTY could do it - that was challenging :)
--
---
N1mm+Toolbox -> see at https://df1lx.darc.de
---

John GM0OPS

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 10:28 AM, Rick Ellison wrote:
m trying to find why the pause if not returning to
Hi Rick
Not sure what you mean window type but I did find that if I tried to click on the callsign or even close to the left hand side bar then the screen would pause, even worse when clicking on the QTC number, so I tried a few things and this is it

1. Click on the far right of the QTC number
2. After each call click on the far right, usually the stations serial number

Doing both of the above kept my mouse from being anywhere near the left hand panel and that made it easier. Now I know why people just like to send QTC, oh so much easier.

Regards
John
GM0OPS/MM9I

Ken - K4XL

Rick,
My pause problem occured like this.
1)  I agree to RX QTC
2) DX starts sending.  Header and first Q has been sent and scrolling is on.
3) I click on the header...maybe twice in order to get it to populate the RQTC window.
4) With my mouse pointer hovering over the header line, I wait for the 1st Q to scroll up.  When it does, I click on it but do not move the mouse otherwise.
5) I click on each subsequent Q, but suddenly, the yellow pause bar lights up.  I figure I've done something wrong, but can't figure it out!  Hope you can!!

A second problem but on SQTCs.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that over 90% of the time I had requests to resend a Q.  Number 10 was always on the list and very frequently it was the only requested repeat.  After reading the comments in this series of emails,  I opened the QTC Window and looked at the RTTY Setup tab.  Under SQTC Messages, the Send All Ending:  Originally it was {ENTER}QSL?? BK DE {MyCall} K  I've changed it to start {ENTERLF} thinking that the LF time might give the receiving station a clear read of #10.  Will this work, or is there something else that needs doing?

Thanks,
Ken - K4XL

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 10:28 AM Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

[...]

BoatAnchor Manual Archive
BAMA - http://bama.edebris.com

Ron

Mine only paused when it did not properly pick up the line I clicked on.
IE I click header it copies
I click the first QTC it copies
I click the next QTC but I click in the wrong spot, it does not copy and locks the screen, I click again on the right spot and it copies, scrolling resumes.
I figured this was intended behaviour, it worked really well once I figured out what it was doing.
Like always in the DI window you must click to the left side of the line (QTC) if you click the middle or near the end it often won't copy.

Ron Wv4P

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 10:55 AM, Ken - K4XL wrote:
A second problem but on SQTCs.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that over 90% of the time I had requests to resend a Q.  Number 10 was always on the list and very frequently it was the only requested repeat.  After reading the comments in this series of emails,  I opened the QTC Window and looked at the RTTY Setup tab.

I would also ask that the system, when an operator resends a specific QTC Number i.e QTC 7   it resends it but automatically sends it twice. This would have saved me some time and it was great when stations did it as sometimes the first one for some reason came up on MMTTY, not on a clear line, so even

1. A CR/LF is sent at the start of that particular QTC line
2. QTC specific lines are sent twice

But it is all great software and very smart

Regards
John
GM0OPS/MM9I

Rick Ellison

Phil and All..

The means of clicking has not changed in the program in more than 10 years. So nothing has changed from one year to another. When you click in the window and the program is in RQTC mode it selects the entire line that the mouse is over when the mouse up event happens it then passes that line that it selected over to the QTC Window to be processed. SO I'm not understanding a difference in mouse clicks unless Microsoft has changed something in the back end.

The new thing is why the pause if not turning off When the mouse is down it pauses the window from receiving any data so the line does not move. On the Mouse up event the pause is turned off. (At least that’s the way it work when working correctly.

What window type are you using Scrolling or Non-Scrolling???

I have just uploaded changes that stops the clearing of the rx window when sending qtc. It was a test point I had set to make sure a point in the send routine was being hit. I failed to remove it..

I also just uploaded changes for the Fldigi users that on my system corrects the problem with the QTC's being sent on one line. Fldigi does not send a CR in its text output. So I had to add some code to change over from the expected CR's to use just LineFeeds when Fldigi is loaded...

[...]

What I mean by window type is are you using the Scrolling or Non-Scrolling selection for the RX window type..

When selecting QTC you should not need to click on multiple sections of the QTC just one click anyplace on the line of QTC should send it over to the QTC Window.

73 Rick N2AMG

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 10:28 AM, Rick Ellison wrote:

m trying to find why the pause if not returning to

Hi Rick
Not sure what you mean window type but I did find that if I tried to click on the callsign or even close to the left hand side bar then the screen would pause, even worse when clicking on the QTC number, so I tried a few things and this is it

1. Click on the far right of the QTC number
2. After each call click on the far right, usually the stations serial number

Doing both of the above kept my mouse from being anywhere near the left hand panel and that made it easier. Now I know why people just like to send QTC, oh so much easier.

Regards
John
GM0OPS/MM9I

py2ny

Hi there

All I want is the chance to fill QTC header by
hand and have no problem to copy the following
lines with 10 (almost always) QTC's.

I can't remember exactly why I had some RX QTC
operations this year with that problem. I could have
the first line (QTC 1) or header with problem, filling
that by hand, and trying to fill QTC 2 to QTC 10 with
mouse clicking being impossible.

Maybe 5 times, that's all, but was boring in those 5
times stop my running and copy 10 QTC's typing
one by one.

Sorry about my English... I am in rush because the
'home office' here  😎
.
..
--------------------------------

Em dom., 15 de nov. de 2020 às 19:59, Peter Krüger <pkfalkensee@... <mailto:pkfalkensee@...> > escreveu:

The DI-window is "paused" - you see a yellow part in the left - then you are not able to click on the lines and fill the QTCs lines.
The logging window must be scrolling - and not paused - I had this one time but after activating the scrolling everything worked as expected.

My challenge was, that GRITTY could not decode the time when a N1MM user send QTCs - only MMTTY could do it - that was challenging :)
--
---
N1mm+Toolbox -> see at  https://df1lx.darc.de
---

When you Yellow pause bar did not turn off all you needed to do was click on it to turn it off then continue on with the rest of the QTC’s

So far I have not found any changes for why the pause bar did not turn off. It is turned on and off with every mouse click in the rx window. Most of the time the click is done in milliseconds and your eye does not notice the color change of the pause bar.

When you send ENTERLF you are adding an extra linefeed to each line. There is nothing wrong with that and is what I send most of the time it adds an extra space in between QTC but if you are using a short window then the qtc will scroll off the screen much faster..

73 Rick n2AMG

[...]

I had the same problem sometimes - DI (MMTTY) paused and it was hard to activate it again (and I could not take any QTC into the QTC window if it is "paused" - which should be possible or?).

Second "fault/bug" was that GRITTY (DI2) could not decode the time of a qtc (I feel, this only happens if the QTC sender uses N1MM+ - there seems to be a small challenge about CR/LF or so)

--
---
N1mm+Toolbox -> see at  https://df1lx.darc.de
---

Rick Ellison

Re #1 a CR/LF is already sent at the beginning of a resend.

Re #2 It easy enough to change but I’m not sure all operators would want it sent twice. Have to think about this one..

73 Rick n2AMG

[...]

All of the information in the qtc window can be entered manually by typing in the information. This is how CW ops enter the info when doing WAE CW. And the entry of the windows has been optimized for entering it by hand. Type the info and press the space bar to move between fields. When the space press lands on the cfm button hit enter or space again to send it.

73 Rick N2AMG

[...]

Peter clicking on the yellow bar should turn it off while it is yellow.

I have not used Gritty in a long time. I'm not sure why it would only happen when a N1MM user sends the time it is all being sent as string asci so Gritty should not have an issue copying it.

I had the same problem sometimes - DI (MMTTY) paused and it was hard to activate it again (and I could not take any QTC into the QTC window if it is "paused" - which should be possible or?).

Second "fault/bug" was that GRITTY (DI2) could not decode the time of a qtc (I feel, this only happens if the QTC sender uses N1MM+ - there seems to be a small challenge about CR/LF or so)

--
---
N1mm+Toolbox -> see at https://df1lx.darc.de
---

David AD4TJ

 In my case, Scrolling is selected in MMTTY( finally found that setting, was already set that way ). Several times when receiving QTCs, trying to click on the header in MMTTY's window would not make it transfer; had to go to 2Tone's window to work( sometimes not even then, would have to manually enter it ). I thought somewhere I was told I had to click on the callsign in each QTC; you're saying that I should be able to click anywhere and it will transfer.

Oh, and another thing: I normally run 4 DI windows; however, that took up too much screen for WAE; had to go back to only 2 windows to catch all the information coming in.

David AD4TJ

On Monday, November 16, 2020, 2:32:20 PM EST, Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the response...

I would have to say that clicking anywhere on the QTC line has changed somehow. I was not able to click anywhere, only on the time, and preferably on the left side of it. Nothing has changed here at all since my last effort in WAE RTTY, which was 2 years ago - I missed out last year.
I am also sure in previous years, that if you clicked anywhere on the line, it turned purple (or some colour) to show you had clicked on it. This year, it did not.

I'm using a scrolling window for MMTTY as the primary decoder. I'm still running Win7 Pro, 32 bit (for now, at least), and I did try clicking on various parts of the QTC header and contact lines, and the only way I could get it to load into the QTC window was click as far left as I could on each line.

The pausing of that window was fine if I manually paused or un-paused it, but it occasionally turned yellow by itself, and I had to click on it to get it scrolling again. In the other 2Tone window, I was not able to keep it frozen as that occasionally had good copy where the MMTTY window did not.

Thanks for sorting the SQTC effect of clearing the screen!

Thanks again for looking into this. It is much appreciated!

73 de Phil GU0SUP