Topics

locked SSB band edges - quick question

Tom Osborne

It could be disqualification.

From the rules:

" Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to:

"Transmissions by the entrant on frequencies outside of license limitations." 73
Tom W7WHY

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 7:54 AM Bo W4GHV <bobarr@...> wrote:
Having a blast with my new toy (N1MM+)

Is there an adjustable SSB band plan where I can put the US SSB Extra limits in it?

I goofed and snagged a couple low!  How much is the ticket?

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54

Tom Wagner (N1MM)

You don't want to claim them but don't delete them from your log. The stations you worked would be penalized.

When you generate your cabrillo log, change the word QSO to X-QSO to indicate an unclaimed QSO.

We have plans to support this in in the ui in the future.

Tom -N1MM

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020, 1:44 PM Tom Osborne <w7why1@...> wrote:
It could be disqualification.

From the rules:

" Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to:

"Transmissions by the entrant on frequencies outside of license limitations." 73
Tom W7WHY

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 7:54 AM Bo W4GHV <bobarr@...> wrote:
Having a blast with my new toy (N1MM+)

Is there an adjustable SSB band plan where I can put the US SSB Extra limits in it?

I goofed and snagged a couple low!  How much is the ticket?

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54

Ed K1EP

5T5PA is CQing on 7.127 this evening. US stations on LSB are answering out of band.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020, 13:44 Tom Osborne <w7why1@...> wrote:
It could be disqualification.

From the rules:

" Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to:

"Transmissions by the entrant on frequencies outside of license limitations." 73
Tom W7WHY

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 7:54 AM Bo W4GHV <bobarr@...> wrote:
Having a blast with my new toy (N1MM+)

Is there an adjustable SSB band plan where I can put the US SSB Extra limits in it?

I goofed and snagged a couple low!  How much is the ticket?

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54

Jennifer-Jenni Eileen Jones

It's not out of band to him...

On 25 Oct 2020, at 02:47, Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@...> wrote:

5T5PA is CQing on 7.127 this evening. US stations on LSB are answering out of band.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020, 13:44 Tom Osborne <w7why1@...> wrote:
It could be disqualification.

From the rules:

" Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to:

"Transmissions by the entrant on frequencies outside of license limitations." 73
Tom W7WHY

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 7:54 AM Bo W4GHV <bobarr@...> wrote:
Having a blast with my new toy (N1MM+)

Is there an adjustable SSB band plan where I can put the US SSB Extra limits in it?

I goofed and snagged a couple low!  How much is the ticket?

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54

Jennifer-Jenni Eileen Jones

I could CQ on 7.127, and I would be within my license limitations, so leave him alone...

On 24 Oct 2020, at 18:43, Tom Osborne <w7why1@...> wrote:

It could be disqualification.

From the rules:

" Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to:

"Transmissions by the entrant on frequencies outside of license limitations." 73
Tom W7WHY

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 7:54 AM Bo W4GHV <bobarr@...> wrote:
Having a blast with my new toy (N1MM+)

Is there an adjustable SSB band plan where I can put the US SSB Extra limits in it?

I goofed and snagged a couple low!  How much is the ticket?

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54

Don Murray

Calling CQ on 7127, would result in an out of band signal.

Your modulation artifacts would extend at least 2+KHz from 7127, falling below 7125, the bottom edge of the American phone band.

And in addition...

A CW signal centered 250Hz above
the 7000 band edge would probably
have keying artifacts falling below
7000, and therefore, out of band.

Be careful around band edges!

73
Don
W4WJ

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 Jennifer-Jenni Eileen Jones <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> wrote:

I could CQ on 7.127, and I would be within my license limitations, so leave him alone...

On 24 Oct 2020, at 18:43, Tom Osborne <w7why1@...> wrote:

It could be disqualification.

From the rules:

" Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to:

"Transmissions by the entrant on frequencies outside of license limitations." 73
Tom W7WHY

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 7:54 AM Bo W4GHV <bobarr@...> wrote:
Having a blast with my new toy (N1MM+)

Is there an adjustable SSB band plan where I can put the US SSB Extra limits in it?

I goofed and snagged a couple low!  How much is the ticket?

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54

Alan K7ACZ

How about all the General Class licenses that sneak into the Extra Class frequencies during a contest. Are they disqualified?

Alan K7ACZ

I could CQ on 7.127, and I would be within my license limitations, so leave him alone...

On 24 Oct 2020, at 18:43, Tom Osborne <w7why1@...> wrote:

It could be disqualification.

From the rules:

" Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to:

"Transmissions by the entrant on frequencies outside of license limitations." 73

Tom W7WHY

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 7:54 AM Bo W4GHV <bobarr@...> wrote:

Having a blast with my new toy (N1MM+)

Is there an adjustable SSB band plan where I can put the US SSB Extra limits in it?

I goofed and snagged a couple low!  How much is the ticket?

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54

_._,_._,_

Jennifer-Jenni Eileen Jones

Just because you in the States, can not operate on 7127, does not mean, that we this side of the world are the same, we all operate under our licence limitations, this is a world wide contest, not just a US one..
I would dearly love to operate on 3912, but I know I can't, so leave the guy alone..

On 25 Oct 2020, at 05:55, Alan K7ACZ <k7acz@...> wrote:

How about all the General Class licenses that sneak into the Extra Class frequencies during a contest. Are they disqualified?

Alan K7ACZ

I could CQ on 7.127, and I would be within my license limitations, so leave him alone...

On 24 Oct 2020, at 18:43, Tom Osborne <w7why1@...> wrote:

It could be disqualification.

From the rules:

" Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to:

"Transmissions by the entrant on frequencies outside of license limitations." 73

Tom W7WHY

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 7:54 AM Bo W4GHV <bobarr@...> wrote:

Having a blast with my new toy (N1MM+)

Is there an adjustable SSB band plan where I can put the US SSB Extra limits in it?

I goofed and snagged a couple low!  How much is the ticket?

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54

Ed K1EP

Correct. But he is running US stations that are out of band.

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020, 01:27 Jennifer-Jenni Eileen Jones <jenni.merfyn.jones@...> wrote:
It's not out of band to him...

On 25 Oct 2020, at 02:47, Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@...> wrote:

5T5PA is CQing on 7.127 this evening. US stations on LSB are answering out of band.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020, 13:44 Tom Osborne <w7why1@...> wrote:
It could be disqualification.

From the rules:

" Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to:

"Transmissions by the entrant on frequencies outside of license limitations." 73
Tom W7WHY

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 7:54 AM Bo W4GHV <bobarr@...> wrote:
Having a blast with my new toy (N1MM+)

Is there an adjustable SSB band plan where I can put the US SSB Extra limits in it?

I goofed and snagged a couple low!  How much is the ticket?

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54

PA4JJ

That is not his problem but the problem of stations who are not allowed to call out of band. They do not follow the rules.
 back in my (contest) hole

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 25-10-2020 om 10:56 schreef Ed K1EP:

Correct. But he is running US stations that are out of band.

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020, 01:27 Jennifer-Jenni Eileen Jones <jenni.merfyn.jones@...> wrote:
It's not out of band to him...

On 25 Oct 2020, at 02:47, Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@...> wrote:

5T5PA is CQing on 7.127 this evening. US stations on LSB are answering out of band.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020, 13:44 Tom Osborne <w7why1@...> wrote:
It could be disqualification.

From the rules:

" Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to:

"Transmissions by the entrant on frequencies outside of license limitations." 73
Tom W7WHY

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 7:54 AM Bo W4GHV <bobarr@...> wrote:
Having a blast with my new toy (N1MM+)

Is there an adjustable SSB band plan where I can put the US SSB Extra limits in it?

I goofed and snagged a couple low!  How much is the ticket?

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54

Tom - N1MM

Please take this discussion to CQ Contest.
Tom - N1MM