Topics

USB COM14 not working message

Skip

Can someone tell me what this error notice [in the subject line] really means?  COM14 is one of the 4 RRC1258 virtual ports, it is RRC COM1 and handles the CAT connection to the remote K3.  The notice comes up the first time right after the N1MM+ splash screen appears, and then comes up two more times as N1MM initializes and the windows appear.

Windows tells me that all the USB COM ports are working fine. I've done all the usual [reboot, remove all the USB-reboot-reinsert USB, try different USB sockets] with no change.  Rebooting the RRC1258 doesn't fix it either.

Usually, when something is wrong with the CAT connection, N1MM+ comes up and eventually gives me the lost radio contact, retry? notice.  The subject message happens immediately.

Thanks,

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

Steve London

That message is generated by the Microsoft serial port handler that N1MM+ uses.

What does Device Manager think of COM14 ?

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 04/30/2020 05:13 PM, Skip wrote:
[...]

That's what I thought Steve.  Device Mangler thinks all is well.  This is a new thing.  I don't remote to W7RN often so it just showed up when I was getting ready for 7QP.  I'm fairly certain it is a Windoze problem, there have been a couple of updates since I last operated remote, and each update brings it's own surprises and new "features." [:=(  I'll see if Microbit has any new software for the RRC1258 tomorrow but not holding my breath.  I've still got tomorrow to see if I can track this down or go to Plan B.  Thanks for the info

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

On 4/30/2020 4:51 PM, Steve London wrote:
That message is generated by the Microsoft serial port handler that N1MM+ uses.

What does Device Manager think of COM14 ?

73,
Steve, N2IC

Robert Rantin

I get the same message "com 4 is not functioning" but in the device manager there is nothing using com port 4...microham microkeyer2 is under serial bus or something like that