Topics

Networking problem

Gordon LaPoint

I'm trying to get multiop contesting setup using my remote site. I have a VPN server running at the site, and we can all VPN in with no problem.

We can ping the server system from our home computers (all Win10) when the vpn link is active.  N1MM++ does not see the server site from each home site.

What else should be checked?  VNC works fine (with the VPN active)

Gordon - N1MGO

Are you using the latest N1MM+ release ?

Tom N1MM and Larry K8UT
Recently held a Zoom conference
Only about 8 people attended
Everyone used LogMeIn Hamachi ‘s VPN tool

We should see a recording of that session released
Soon

The tool set was easy to use

Steve
KG5VK

--
Steve
KG5VK

Larry K8UT

Just to clarify:

The new feature in N1MM+, and the Zoom teleconference this week described Distributed Multi-Op (DMO) contesting over a Virtual Private Network (VPN). In DMO each ham - in his/her own shack - operates his/her computer, radio and antenna, but logs their contacts on an N1MM+ wide area network. In this architecture, everything is distributed and only logging is shared over a network.

Gordon is describing remote contest operation in which each ham connects remotely, via a VPN, using some remote operating software, to co-located computers, radios and antennas. In this architecture, the operators are distributed, everything else is centrally located.

-larry (K8UT)

[[Unfortunately, the recording of that teleconference was lost. There are more planned and we'll try to get a subsequent Zoom (or a K8UT Video) posted on this topic.]]

[...]

Gordon,

See my reply in this thread to KG5VK. Do I understand your architecture correctly?

Had this configuration been running previously? What remote software are you using? Which VPN client? Are you manually adding the Name and IP Address of your site into the >Network Status >Actions >Edit Computer Addresses table?

If this configuration had not been used previously, or not since updating Windows 10, check the Windows Firewall settings to ensure that you have allowed N1MM+ through the Public firewall. Details on how to do that are in the VPN document here:
https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/mmfiles/distributed-multi-op-contesting-using-n1mm-with-a-hamachi-vpn_v1-pdf/

-larry (K8UT)

Finally - the new auto-configure routines added since version 1.0.8317 may have busted your specific software combination. If you are still stuck could you experiment by reverting to 1.0.8317 to see if that connects to your remote site?

-larry (K8UT)