Topics

7QP

Rich Seifert

Trying to set up my station for the 7QP this weekend. Everything loads just fine:

I select “New Log”, select “QSO Party” and “7QP” from the pulldown. All of my function keys from previous years are there are correct (CW, SSB, and RTTY), and it even downloaded the latest Call History. So far, so good.

Until I try to log a (valid) contact! I get an error message “Invalid contest. Select either IN7QPNE or change your ARRL section.”

Now, I understand that the IN7QPNE log will accept QSOs for all three contest this weekend, but I really only plan to operate in the 7QP. Is this no longer an option? Why is there still a “7QP” selection in the pull-down menu?

Rich KE1B/K6MMM

VE9AA - Mike

Hey Rich,

I looked up KE1B and K6MMM on qrz.com and it says you're in Cal, so I presume that's where you'll operate from.  Select IN7QPNE (not 7QP) per:

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-supported/contests-setup/setup-qsop-contests/?hilite=%27in7qpne%27

Four QSO parties – the 7QP (7th Call Area QSO Party), Indiana QSO Party, Delaware QSO Party and New England QSO Party – are all on the same weekend. The program software allows users to log stations active in all four QSO parties and automatically determine the state multiplier from the received exchange (other contest county exchange). Log the exact exchange that is received and send the same Cabrillo output to all four contest sponsors. If you are an “in-state” user of one of these QSO parties, select the appropriate state party option in the QSO party contest selector. If you are “out-of-state” for all contests this weekend, select the IN7QPNE option in the dropdown state selector. The instructions are the same, log the exchange that you receive and send the same Cabrillo file without editing to all four sponsors. All sponsors re-calculate the score of all submissions

HTH,

Mike VE9AA

--
Mike VE9AA

Rich Seifert

On Apr 30, 2020, at 12:38 PM, VE9AA - Mike <ve9aa@...> wrote:

Hey Rich,

I looked up KE1B and K6MMM on qrz.com and it says you're in Cal, so I presume that's where you'll operate from.  Select IN7QPNE (not 7QP) per:

OK. I *DO* remember that in prior years I could just select 7QP, even as an out-of-state entry, but it’s no big deal to use the other module.

Thanks.

Rich K6MMM

Ted Bryant

Rich,

Please refer to VE3KI's April 28 message about this very thing:
<https://groups.io/g/N1MMLoggerPlus/message/50166?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,7qp,20,2,0,73328360>

" ...the 7QP selection is only for "in-state" participants, i.e. persons operating from within the original 7th call area. Likewise, the IN selection is only for persons operating from within Indiana, the NEWE selection is only for persons operating from within the New England states, and the DE selection is only for persons operating from within Delaware. Persons operating from anywhere else should use the IN7QPNE selection.

The program determines whether you are "in-state" or "out-of-state" for each of these contests from your ARRL section.

If you only want to enter one of the contests, submit your Cabrillo file to only that one contest.

73,
Rich VE3KI"

73, Ted W4NZ

Trying to set up my station for the 7QP this weekend. Everything loads just fine:

I select “New Log”, select “QSO Party” and “7QP” from the pulldown. All of my function keys from previous years are there are correct (CW, SSB, and RTTY), and it even downloaded the latest Call History. So far, so good.

Until I try to log a (valid) contact! I get an error message “Invalid contest. Select either IN7QPNE or change your ARRL section.”

Now, I understand that the IN7QPNE log will accept QSOs for all three contest this weekend, but I really only plan to operate in the 7QP. Is this no longer an option? Why is there still a “7QP” selection in the pull-down menu?

Rich KE1B/K6MMM

bmanning

I think it's great to have the program designed to allow us to operate this way. N1MM+ continues to impress me.
73
Bruce NJ3K

Trying to set up my station for the 7QP this weekend. Everything loads just fine:

I select “New Log”, select “QSO Party” and “7QP” from the pulldown. All of my function keys from previous years are there are correct (CW, SSB, and RTTY), and it even downloaded the latest Call History. So far, so good.

Until I try to log a (valid) contact! I get an error message “Invalid contest. Select either IN7QPNE or change your ARRL section.”

Now, I understand that the IN7QPNE log will accept QSOs for all three contest this weekend, but I really only plan to operate in the 7QP. Is this no longer an option? Why is there still a “7QP” selection in the pull-down menu?

Rich KE1B/K6MMM

Rory Sena

So what does one do when IN7QPNE doesn't show up in the pulldown, I'm in the 6th call area?

Rory-N6OIL

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 2:42 PM bmanning <bmanning@...> wrote:
[...]

ve3ki

As for other state QSO parties, the contest type in the main contest selection window is QSOPARTY. You select IN7QPNE from the secondary selector called "State for Log Type QSOPARtY" (right side of the window about halfway down).

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 06:58 PM, Rory Sena wrote:
[...]

Tad Danley

Hi Bruce, I’m running the latest version of N1MM+

When I select QSO Party as the New Log, I get a separate box drop down with IN7QPNE listed alphabetically.

73,

Tad Danley, K3TD

Trying to set up my station for the 7QP this weekend. Everything loads just fine:

I select “New Log”, select “QSO Party” and “7QP” from the pulldown. All of my function keys from previous years are there are correct (CW, SSB, and RTTY), and it even downloaded the latest Call History. So far, so good.

Until I try to log a (valid) contact! I get an error message “Invalid contest. Select either IN7QPNE or change your ARRL section.”

Now, I understand that the IN7QPNE log will accept QSOs for all three contest this weekend, but I really only plan to operate in the 7QP. Is this no longer an option? Why is there still a “7QP” selection in the pull-down menu?

Rich KE1B/K6MMM

Rory Sena

Thanks, Rich, my first time using N1MM for QSO parties I always used N3FJP for those.

Rory-N6OIL

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 4:03 PM ve3ki <ve3iay@...> wrote:
[...]

Tad

Yes, I have N1MM+ already for tomorrow. Hope to make a bunch of QSO's. I will be handing out the rare PA Multiplier :)

CW only of course.

73

 Bruce NJ3K CWOPS #2431

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 19:03:26 -0400, Tad Danley <tdanley@...> wrote:

[...]

Bruce A. Manning

bmanning

Did you go to the QSOPARTY drop down first? The another drop will will show up, that's where the IN7QPNE is located.

73

 Bruce NJ3K

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 15:58:08 -0700, Rory Sena <radio.n6oil@...> wrote:

[...]

Rory,

Are you looking at the pulldown that says:  “State for Log Type QSO PARTY”?  It’s there.

73, Ted W4NZ

Trying to set up my station for the 7QP this weekend. Everything loads just fine:

I select “New Log”, select “QSO Party” and “7QP” from the pulldown. All of my function keys from previous years are there are correct (CW, SSB, and RTTY), and it even downloaded the latest Call History. So far, so good.

Until I try to log a (valid) contact! I get an error message “Invalid contest. Select either IN7QPNE or change your ARRL section.”

Now, I understand that the IN7QPNE log will accept QSOs for all three contest this weekend, but I really only plan to operate in the 7QP. Is this no longer an option? Why is there still a “7QP” selection in the pull-down menu?

Rich KE1B/K6MMM

John Bednar

Make sure you know the easy way to log the county line stations and the county line stations that send a shorthand exchange.

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-supported/contests-setup/setup-qsop-contests/#QSOP_IN7QPE

John, K3CT

Trying to set up my station for the 7QP this weekend. Everything loads just fine:

I select “New Log”, select “QSO Party” and “7QP” from the pulldown. All of my function keys from previous years are there are correct (CW, SSB, and RTTY), and it even downloaded the latest Call History. So far, so good.

Until I try to log a (valid) contact! I get an error message “Invalid contest Select either IN7QPNE or change your ARRL section.”

Now, I understand that the IN7QPNE log will accept QSOs for all three contest this weekend, but I really only plan to operate in the 7QP. Is this no longer an option? Why is there still a “7QP” selection in the pull-down menu?

Rich KE1B/K6MMM

n7wy

I set up for 7QP this morning, set STATION to ROVER, entered COUNTYLINE in the call sign field of the DI window, and entered the county abbreviations preceded by WY as they were invalid without the WY prefix, put COUNTYLINE in curly braces in my F2 message and tested it.  The sent exchange is NOT the compressed format allowed by the rules at ws7n.net/7QP.  Instead it is the format for county line operations on a state border; the state, WY is sent preceding each county with slant bar separators.
I exited N1MM, restarted and tried to enter WY for the first county and just the county abbreviations for the other counties.  This was rejected as invalid input.

Next, I changed the set up EXCH inside OPEN LOG IN DATABASE to what I want sent like WYwas/hot/par.  I replaced COUNTYLINE with EXCH in my function key messages.  I know that I must still do the COUNYLINE set up each time I restart N1MM so logging is done properly.

John Bednar

The shorthand notation is only supported for a received exchange.

You are correct that the exchanges input by the countyline prompt is tested for valid county abbreviations and you can not use shorthand notation for the user input. I don’t see this changing.

You are correct that the {COUNTYLINE} macro will not convert a county line exchange to a shorthand notation. I don’t see this changing.

None of this prevents you from editing the function key message to sending whatever shorthand exchange you like.

John, K3CT

[...]

Bill Glydon

Hey Mike
Thanks for the update, now I still have a problem when I try to update my station data. When I enter PE for ARRL Section, it indicates that is not correct. Comments?
Bill VY2LI

John Bednar

Bill,

I made the change to add “PE” but I haven’t been able to finish my pending changes. Use anyone of these:

"MAR", "NL", "QC", "ON", "MB", "SK", "AB", "BC", "NT", "GTA", "ONE", "ONN", "ONS"

John, K3CT

Thanks for the update, now I still have a problem when I try to update my station data. When I enter PE for ARRL Section, it indicates that is not correct. Comments?
Bill VY2LI

Bill Glydon

Hi John

Thanks for the update. I meant to say PE, not PEI, in my original post.

Bill VY2LI

Sent from Mail for Windows 10