GAQP W4AN not showing as worked?

Gary K9GS

I've been playing around in the GA QSO Party and noticed something ONLY with the W4AN callsign.

I worked W4AN on both 40 and 20 CW but the call does not show as worked in the band map.

All other GA calls OK.  Scratching my head on this one.

73,

Gary K9GS

VE9AA - Mike

When you figure it out, pse lemme know Gary.  For me, it's W4NT that keeps showing as "blue" *(workable)
I don't know if this stn is a distributed m/m, but I copied 2 different counties between 20m and 40m, so that *may* be
why I am seeing this.

Tnx

Mike VE9AA "not a contender" (just for fun this time)

--
Mike VE9AA

Gary K9GS

My mistake..it is W4NT. Not W4AN

73,

Gary K9GS

When you figure it out, pse lemme know Gary.  For me, it's W4NT that keeps showing as "blue" *(workable)
I don't know if this stn is a distributed m/m, but I copied 2 different counties between 20m and 40m, so that *may* be
why I am seeing this.

Tnx

Mike VE9AA "not a contender" (just for fun this time)
On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 04:29 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:
I've been playing around in the GA QSO Party and noticed something ONLY with the W4AN callsign.

I worked W4AN on both 40 and 20 CW but the call does not show as worked in the band map.

All other GA calls OK.  Scratching my head on this one.

73,

Gary K9GS

--
Mike VE9AA

John Bednar

Mike & Gary,

I logged W4NT on 40m CW and then self spotted W4NT on a different frequency. The spot was gray in my Bandmap.

Is it possible that the mode of the incoming spot (which is often assigned based on your frequency to mode table) was for an un-worked mode?

If you were using Call History, did it contain a different county than W4NT was sending?

Can you duplicate your report and post the steps to reproduce?

John, K3CT

From: VE9AA - Mike <ve9aa@...>

Date: 4/11/20 2:31 PM (GMT-06:00)

To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io

When you figure it out, pse lemme know Gary.  For me, it's W4NT that keeps showing as "blue" *(workable)
I don't know if this stn is a distributed m/m, but I copied 2 different counties between 20m and 40m, so that *may* be
why I am seeing this.

Tnx

Mike VE9AA "not a contender" (just for fun this time)
On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 04:29 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:

I've been playing around in the GA QSO Party and noticed something ONLY with the W4AN callsign.

I worked W4AN on both 40 and 20 CW but the call does not show as worked in the band map.

All other GA calls OK.  Scratching my head on this one.

73,

Gary K9GS

--
Mike VE9AA

Gary K9GS

Hi John,

I was using spots from VE7CC which included skimmer.

When I first worked W4NT all worked normally. Then there must have been a subsequent spot and W4NT was shown in the band map in blue.  I even listened thinking they might have been in a different county since they were a distributed multi , but the county was the same as before.

On different bands it was the same thing..W4NT was always blue in the band map regardless of band. I worked W4NT on several bands.

I did work W4NT on different bands in different counties.  I think that they may have been on different bands and in different countys at the same time.

I was not using a preloaded call history file.

W4NT was the only station I noticed with this behavior. Yeah..odd I know.

Does any of this help?

73,

Gary K9GS

From: VE9AA - Mike <ve9aa@...>

Date: 4/11/20 2:31 PM (GMT-06:00)

To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io

When you figure it out, pse lemme know Gary.  For me, it's W4NT that keeps showing as "blue" *(workable)
I don't know if this stn is a distributed m/m, but I copied 2 different counties between 20m and 40m, so that *may* be
why I am seeing this.

Tnx

Mike VE9AA "not a contender" (just for fun this time)
On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 04:29 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:

I've been playing around in the GA QSO Party and noticed something ONLY with the W4AN callsign.

I worked W4AN on both 40 and 20 CW but the call does not show as worked in the band map.

All other GA calls OK.  Scratching my head on this one.

73,

Gary K9GS

--
Mike VE9AA

VE9AA - Mike

H John and Gary

I'm not in the shack, but I'd say my experience mirrors Gary\s to a "T".
I can double check tonight, but I don't think I was using a call history file (unless it was preloaded automatically-I didn't set it myself)

tnx

Mike VE9AA

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 11:33 AM, Gary K9GS wrote:
[...]

Alan Higbie

Actually I had same experience as Gary described - - it was W4AN.

When it didn't show as dupe - it was when W4AN giving out a different county: MUSC vs. HARR (worked first)

Not sure how N1MM+ knew what county they'd be giving out . . . but then again I really don't understand a lot of what goes on behind the N1MM+ curtain.

~ Alan
K0AV

John Bednar

Mike & Gary,

Try this with a dummy new GA QSO party.

Log   K4AA in  APPL

Tune up the band 1kHz, enter K4AA and the county BALD. Don’t log but tune off frequency to generate a self spot. The spot should be colored.

Tune up the band 1 kHz, enter K4AA and APPL. Don’t log but tune off frequency to generate a self spot. The spot should be gray.

I expect you had already worked the county so W4NT was colored blue when you could have worked them again. Seems like the correct program operation.

John, K3CT

From: VE9AA - Mike <ve9aa@...>

Date: 4/11/20 2:31 PM (GMT-06:00)

To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io

When you figure it out, pse lemme know Gary.  For me, it's W4NT that keeps showing as "blue" *(workable)
I don't know if this stn is a distributed m/m, but I copied 2 different counties between 20m and 40m, so that *may* be
why I am seeing this.

Tnx

Mike VE9AA "not a contender" (just for fun this time)
On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 04:29 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:

I've been playing around in the GA QSO Party and noticed something ONLY with the W4AN callsign.

I worked W4AN on both 40 and 20 CW but the call does not show as worked in the band map.

All other GA calls OK.  Scratching my head on this one.

73,

Gary K9GS

--
Mike VE9AA

Dick Frey

W4AN was two stations operating from different locations. Depending on which one you worked first, the other would not show as a dupe.

--
Dick - K4XU

Gary K9GS

Hi John,

[GS] see below for answers.

73,

Gary K9GS

Tune up the band 1kHz, enter K4AA and the county BALD. Don’t log but tune off frequency to generate a self spot. The spot should be colored.

[GS]  yes. Colored red in bandmap

Tune up the band 1 kHz, enter K4AA and APPL. Don’t log but tune off frequency to generate a self spot. The spot should be gray.

[GS]  yes.  Colored gray.

I expect you had already worked the county so W4NT was colored blue when you could have worked them again. Seems like the correct program operation.

[GS]  i agree...working just like it should.  Here's my 4 W4NT QSOs from the actual contest log.

20M. 1600Z. MUSC

40M. 1624Z. UNIO (went to 20 afterwards)

40M. 1629Z. UNIO. This was a dupe because when I came back to 40 from 20 I thought it was a new QSO/County because bandmap was blue.

80M. 2330Z. MCIN

The entire contest W4NT was always blue in the band map regardless of band.  Never turned gray that I can recall.

I hope this helps John.  I have to think this has something to do with the distributed multi.  Does N1MM pull any county info from spots to color the band map?  I think the answer is no.

John, K3CT

From: VE9AA - Mike <ve9aa@...>

Date: 4/11/20 2:31 PM (GMT-06:00)

To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io

When you figure it out, pse lemme know Gary.  For me, it's W4NT that keeps showing as "blue" *(workable)
I don't know if this stn is a distributed m/m, but I copied 2 different counties between 20m and 40m, so that *may* be
why I am seeing this.

Tnx

Mike VE9AA "not a contender" (just for fun this time)
On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 04:29 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:

I've been playing around in the GA QSO Party and noticed something ONLY with the W4AN callsign.

I worked W4AN on both 40 and 20 CW but the call does not show as worked in the band map.

All other GA calls OK.  Scratching my head on this one.

73,

Gary K9GS

--
Mike VE9AA

John Bednar

Gary,

Incoming QSO party contest spots are checked against the log and call history in that order. The county information can be populated from either. This is why I asked in my first email if call history was used. For the QSO Party contest, if the callsign contains a /R or /M the log lookup is skipped. I changed that to contains “/”. This will appear in a future release.

I don’t see any code that attempts to find a county abbreviation in the spot comment.

> Does N1MM pull any county info from spots to color the band map?

The short answer is yes. If the spot contains the county stored in the proper spot field, the spot will be colored based on the value and contacts in the log.

If W4NT was logged wrong on that computer and the spots did not end with “/R” or /M” or if call history was used on that computer and W4NT contained a different county that was already logged, this spot would have been colored blue.

If you can reproduce your report and give me the steps, I will dig deeper. Right now, I am done fishing in this hole.

John, K3CT

From: VE9AA - Mike <ve9aa@...>

Date: 4/11/20 2:31 PM (GMT-06:00)

To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io

When you figure it out, pse lemme know Gary.  For me, it's W4NT that keeps showing as "blue" *(workable)
I don't know if this stn is a distributed m/m, but I copied 2 different counties between 20m and 40m, so that *may* be
why I am seeing this.

Tnx

Mike VE9AA "not a contender" (just for fun this time)
On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 04:29 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:

I've been playing around in the GA QSO Party and noticed something ONLY with the W4AN callsign.

I worked W4AN on both 40 and 20 CW but the call does not show as worked in the band map.

All other GA calls OK.  Scratching my head on this one.

73,

Gary K9GS

--
Mike VE9AA

Gary K9GS

Hi John,

I agree...let's end this. I did mention earlier that I did not use a pre- loaded CHF.

Until VE9AA mentioned seeing the same thing that I saw i would not have gone farther looking at this.

73,

Gary K9GS