Topics

Windows do not keep position

Gilbert Baron W0MN

  1. Set up positions on 2 different displays
  2. TOOLS/Save window positions
  3. Terminate

When I restart some positions are SLIGHTLY off from original settings. Tools restore windows position DOES get them back EXACTLY where they were when I saved them but I do not understand why that is needed if I want it to come back to the way it was when I ended the program. Windows programs should do that. Thankfully for TOOLS/RSTORE POSITIONS I is not a big deal but wonder why it happens.

Outlook Desktop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--
W0MN Rochester, MN

Max NG7M

I would add/track this finding by opening a trouble ticket... I have really liked seeing the tickets I have opened get tracked and fixed, including suggestions:

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/support/trouble-ticket/

If you add it, it keeps someone else from transcribing into the tracking system.

Max NG7M

Michael WA7SKG

I have found with some applications, I need to use Run as Administrator to open them, put them where I want them, then close them. After that, opening them normally, they will reopen in that position.

May or may not help your situation, just throwing it out.

Michael WA7SKG

Gilbert Baron W0MN wrote on 3/29/20 5:51 AM:

1. Set up positions on 2 different displays
2. TOOLS/Save window positions
3. Terminate When I restart some positions are SLIGHTLY off from original settings. Tools restore windows position DOES get them back EXACTLY where they were when I saved them but I do not understand why that is needed if I want it to come back to the way it was when I ended the program. Windows programs should do that. Thankfully for TOOLS/RSTORE POSITIONS I is not a big deal but wonder why it happens.
Outlook Desktop Gil W0MN
Hierro Candente Batir de Repente
44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb
--
W0MN Rochester, MN

ART W2NRA

Before you open new programs, right click on the executable install program and select the box OKing the program. Then install. That should fix your problem.

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955