Topics

Rotor Program Crashes

Irwin Darack

The N1MM Rotor Program keeps crashing today. Attached are the RotorLogError Report and N1MMRotor.ini files.  I keep getting an error that the Com port is in use by another program. This is the first time this has happened in a long time.
I am using a Green Heron Rotor Control.  I turn the Rotor Control Off and then bring back up the N1MM Rotor Control Program again.
Any thoughts were to look would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Irwin KD3TB

Tom Wagner (N1MM)

If it has a USB to serial converter, disconnect it and reconnect it and retry.  Otherwise, reboot.

Tom - N1MM

On 3/28/2020 1:03 PM, Irwin Darack wrote:
The N1MM Rotor Program keeps crashing today. Attached are the RotorLogError Report and N1MMRotor.ini files.  I keep getting an error that the Com port is in use by another program. This is the first time this has happened in a long time.
I am using a Green Heron Rotor Control.  I turn the Rotor Control Off and then bring back up the N1MM Rotor Control Program again.
Any thoughts were to look would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Irwin KD3TB

Irwin Darack

Tom.

Just tried that and after a few minutes started to give me the same error again. I can try rebooting the computer again>

Irwin KD3TB

--
Irwin KD3TB

Tom Wagner (N1MM)

If it is on a hub, move it to a dedicated usb port.

--
Irwin KD3TB

Tom Wagner (N1MM)

If it is using a prolific USB to serial adapter, throw it in the trash and replace it with an FTDI adapter.

Tom

--
Irwin KD3TB

Irwin Darack

Tom,
Your last comment gave me a thought. I swapped out the USB A/B cable. Possibly it went bad. So far this seems to have solved the problem. I have better ones at my Beach House and will bring them north next time I am down there.
Hopefully it was just a cable that went bad.
I will let you know if it happens again.

Thanks, Irwin KD3TB

--
Irwin KD3TB