From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP <smnollhrp@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 8:03 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io>
Subject: [N1MM+] SO2R SSB 2 KB w Flex - How done?

Just curious how you accomplish switching of TX focus w two keyboards? Ctrl+right/left arrow works but tiresome after 20 hours of operation.
Anyone using double FS + PTTs with USB/RS-232 adapter?
73s and stay healthy....

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP

Hi Andy, if you do not use voiced F-keys you need another means to switch TX focus and then make e g a voice call over the mic. In SSB trickier than in CW.

VE9AA - Mike

Kari,

I do what Any/KU7T does to switch my paddles, but there is no 1-button press for the mic....that I know of.

I don't do very much SSB these days, and only *just* started using 2 Keyboards, but I believe only either CTRL_(left/right) Arrow
key will switch focus (without transmitting) as you know.

The other things are function keys.  ie: Enter(ESM), F1, F2 etc.

I believe you are perhaps looking for a way to transmit using your real voice and to get one radio or the other queued up and "ready" to transmit something you need to speak.

That's a tough one.

Too bad there wasn't a "magic" button on the keyboard that says "take focus and get ready to transmit here!"...that's what you (and I) need I think.

I use a footswitch, but that doesn't make it any easier.

GL - I'll be watching this thread.

Mike VE9AA

--
Mike VE9AA

Andy (KU7T)

Ok, now I get it. Why dont you try to map 2 keys to the 2 keyboard short cuts? That may work...

Andy
KU7T

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

[...]

OK that could be a solution. Is this done in Windows or N1MM?

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP

You are right that magic button is needed. Dennid W1UE hinted on a FS PTT solution I will look into.More to come...

Andy (KU7T)

Hi Kari,

hardware solution is doable, and software also. The key mapping you would do in AutoHotkey (https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/appendices/third-party-software/)

73