Topics

Connecting to Cluster

Fred

I am having trouble connecting to any cluster except for RBN.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks
Fred KB4QZH

Tom Wagner (N1MM)

1. NEVER connect to RBN.

2. Read K8UT's email from 20 min ago.

Tom - N1MM

On 2/17/2020 3:58 PM, Fred wrote:
I am having trouble connecting to any cluster except for RBN.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks
Fred KB4QZH

Michael Walker

Fred

As a test, try mine, va3mw.dxcluster.org port 41112.

Mike va3mw

On 2/17/2020 3:58 PM, Fred wrote:
> I am having trouble connecting to any cluster except for RBN.
>
> Any ideas on why this is happening?
>
> Thanks
> Fred KB4QZH

chuck.gooden

Fred,

Try connecting to my cluster at k9lc.ddns.net. on port 7300.

Chuck K9LC

I am having trouble connecting to any cluster except for RBN.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks
Fred KB4QZH

chuck.gooden

Enter your call sign in the text entry window.

Chuck K9LC

I am having trouble connecting to any cluster except for RBN.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks
Fred KB4QZH

George Skoubis W7GES

Is it possible to block the RBN backbone from within N1MM?

I know there would still be work around for determined people but it would probably get most of the operators that don’t realize it’s a selfish idea to connect.

George / W7GES

On Feb 17, 2020, at 2:32 PM, chuck.gooden <chuck.gooden@...> wrote:

Enter your call sign in the text entry window.

Chuck K9LC

I am having trouble connecting to any cluster except for RBN.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks
Fred KB4QZH

chuck.gooden

George,

I allow hams to connect to my local port that contains the skimmer spots that I send up to the RBN.  If your close to Rockford, IL (and I am guessing your not) the data that I am sending up to the RBN are stations that you probably could hear too.  If your not close to me, there are other hams that you probably are close to running skimmers that you can connect too if you ask them.

When I connect my cluster to the RBN I get quite a bit of data coming down, so much that I worry about exceeding my internet limit so I do not connect to the RBN downlink feed.  I only send my skimmer spots up to the RBN.  I am not sure if the RBN data coming down is used by my cluster software to flag bad spots or not.  I have wondered about this though.

Chuck K9LC