Topics

IC-7100 Filter change in RTTY

KG7D Greg

IC-7100, Win 10, Logger Version 1.0.8131.0:

The Wide/Narrow filter button at the top of the bandmap window doesn't change filter width when in RTTY mode, or other digital modes either. (I'm using AFSK-R not FSK I don't think that matters, but..). It toggles fine between filters 1 and 2 in SSB. Is this a "bug" or this normal?  Even in RTTY, I usually use my wide filters unless I'm having trouble reading a signal due to another signal very close.

The IC-7100 has three filter widths, it would be nice if it could toggle between all three. Or is there somewhere that I can choose which two filter widths it toggles between?

Not that I used it during the RTTY contest, but he addition of the RIT feature is very handy., and seems to be working fine. Thank you.

Greg Moore - KG7D

John Bednar

Greg,

It does matter that you are using AFSK-R and not RTTY. The Icom filter selection requires that the mode is sent to the radio. The radio firmware does not include a separate command for filter selection.

For USB-D mode, a second command needs to be sent to the radio to enable data option.

You can change the command that is sent to the radio by right clicking in the Bandmap and selecting Set Transceiver Filter Codes.

Here are the two strings that will set filter 1 and filter 2 in the radio. The byte that sets the filter is highlighted.

FE FE 88 E0 06 01 01 FD  FE FE 88 E0 1A 06 01 FD

FE FE 88 E0 06 01 02 FD  FE FE 88 E0 1A 06 01 FD

John, K3CT

IC-7100, Win 10, Logger Version 1.0.8131.0:

The Wide/Narrow filter button at the top of the bandmap window doesn't change filter width when in RTTY mode, or other digital modes either. (I'm using AFSK-R not FSK I don't think that matters, but..). It toggles fine between filters 1 and 2 in SSB. Is this a "bug" or this normal?  Even in RTTY, I usually use my wide filters unless I'm having trouble reading a signal due to another signal very close.

The IC-7100 has three filter widths, it would be nice if it could toggle between all three. Or is there somewhere that I can choose which two filter widths it toggles between?

Not that I used it during the RTTY contest, but he addition of the RIT feature is very handy., and seems to be working fine. Thank you.

Greg Moore - KG7D

KG7D Greg

John,

When I put in the two commands I get "Filter code error, input ignored" with the red dot. Seeing what commands you were using I looked up "Data mode with filter width setting" It appears to me that the first code to set USB mode and filter isn't necessary.  When using Data setting with filter code: FE FE 88 E0 1A 06 01 01 FD  that the first 01 set the Data mode and the second 01 (or 02-03) set the filter. Perhaps I'm way off here, it didn't work anyway. Nothing I put in the Digi Wide or Digi Narrow codes makes any difference.

In my testing I also found that in SSB and CW when I set the filters to #2 as wide and #3 as narrow. A double click on the button is required to change from wide  to narrow, but only a single click for narrow to wide. Is this normal? Also, that changing the SSB wide and SSB narrow don't effect 40m and 80m, didn't test 160m, but I'm betting its something to do with all the LSB bands.

Greg Moore - KG7D