Topics

Hard time with QTCs

Rory Bowers

Thanks Bart!

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 10:01 AM Bart Campbell <ns4x.bart@...> wrote:
This video

is a good source of information.  QTCs are fun once you get the hang of it.

Bart, NS4X

On Sunday, November 10, 2019, Rory Bowers <k6cks01@...> wrote:
I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around QTCs.  I have tried to receive QTCs but failed miserably.  Sending QTCs seems much simpler but I have not been brave enough to try it yet.  Lets start with receiving QTCs... when I bring up my Receive QTC window in S&P with a macro I created ({DIGQTCR}) and the DX station starts sending from the header through the end should these load automatically?  Is there something I need to do to load them into the QTC windows?  I just don't get it.
Thanks,
Rory, K5CKS

Rory Bowers

I just figured out how to cycle between send and receive QTCs.  I also figured out that creating macros was dumb.  As I read more it becomes clearer how this works.  Now all I need to do is remember the hot keys :-)
Thanks and 73 Guys!
Rory, K5CKS

Bart Campbell

This video

is a good source of information.  QTCs are fun once you get the hang of it.

Bart, NS4X

On Sunday, November 10, 2019, Rory Bowers <k6cks01@...> wrote:
I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around QTCs.  I have tried to receive QTCs but failed miserably.  Sending QTCs seems much simpler but I have not been brave enough to try it yet.  Lets start with receiving QTCs... when I bring up my Receive QTC window in S&P with a macro I created ({DIGQTCR}) and the DX station starts sending from the header through the end should these load automatically?  Is there something I need to do to load them into the QTC windows?  I just don't get it.
Thanks,
Rory, K5CKS

Rick Ellison

They don’t load automatically. You need to click on each line he sent and then it will populate the qtc windows on the qtc form.

73 Rick N2AMG