Topics

Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed

Michael Walker

Hi All

I took an hour this morning and tested ALL the USA and Canada dx clusters.  I did not test any cluster outside of NA.  Maybe someone else can do that.

This is what works:

If you want to fix this.

  1. Copy the above  list and place it in a text file somewhere you can find
  2. Open up N1MM and go into the Telnet screen.
  3. Edit Telnet List
  4. Highlight all the entries by holding the left button on the mouse and dragging down to the bottom so they are all in blue.
  5. Hit the delete key and that will delete all your cluster entries.  This will clean out the entire list.  You can keep the ones you like if you know the work
  6. Now, File/Import and select the file you saved in step 1
You now have a very clean and workable list.

Mike va3mw

Larry K8UT

Mike,

THANK YOU for testing the North American clusters on the list. If you can supply a complete list = Tested_North_American and Untested_Everywhere_Else = I will replace the list on the website with your updated list. (send to me as an email attach)

And if anyone else wants to volunteer and test those untested from Mike's list we can integrate your results into a complete "all tested as of 2019-10-25" download file.

While you were testing those we were modifying the documentation for importing a list into N1MM+. You will find a new section under >Docs >Windows >Telnet Window, "Importing a Downloaded Cluster List"

Thanks again,

-larry K8UT

I took an hour this morning and tested ALL the USA and Canada dx clusters.  I did not test any cluster outside of NA.  Maybe someone else can do that.

This is what works:

If you want to fix this.

  1. Copy the above  list and place it in a text file somewhere you can find
  2. Open up N1MM and go into the Telnet screen.
  3. Edit Telnet List
  4. Highlight all the entries by holding the left button on the mouse and dragging down to the bottom so they are all in blue.
  5. Hit the delete key and that will delete all your cluster entries.  This will clean out the entire list.  You can keep the ones you like if you know the work
  6. Now, File/Import and select the file you saved in step 1
You now have a very clean and workable list.

Mike va3mw

Steve London

W0MU,w0mu.net:7373

has always worked well.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 10/25/2019 08:33 AM, Larry K8UT wrote:
Mike,
THANK YOU for testing the North American clusters on the list. If you can supply a complete list = Tested_North_American and Untested_Everywhere_Else = I will replace the list on the website with your updated list. (send to me as an email attach)
And if anyone else wants to volunteer and test those untested from Mike's list we can integrate your results into a complete "all tested as of 2019-10-25" download file.
While you were testing those we were modifying the documentation for importing a list into N1MM+. You will find a new section under >Docs >Windows >Telnet Window, "Importing a Downloaded Cluster List"
https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/telnet-window/#importing-a-downloaded-cluster-list
Thanks again,
-larry K8UT

K1EU,K1EU.DYNIP.COM <http://K1EU.DYNIP.COM>
K2LS,DXC.K2LS.COM <http://DXC.K2LS.COM>
K7AR,K7AR.NET:7300 <http://K7AR.NET:7300>
KN4F,DXC.KN4F.NET <http://DXC.KN4F.NET>
N7OD,N7OD.PENTUX.NET <http://N7OD.PENTUX.NET>
VA3MW,va3mw.dxcluster.org:41112 <http://va3mw.dxcluster.org:41112>
VE3EY-7,DX.FIREROUTE.COM <http://DX.FIREROUTE.COM>
VE6TN,DX.MIDDLEBROOK.CA <http://DX.MIDDLEBROOK.CA>
VE7CC,VE7CC.NET <http://VE7CC.NET>
W1AAA,DXUSA.NET:7300 <http://DXUSA.NET:7300>
WF5E,WF5E.NO-IP.COM <http://WF5E.NO-IP.COM>
RBN,telnet.reversebeacon.net:7000 <http://telnet.reversebeacon.net:7000>
NC7J,dxc.nc7j.com:23 <http://dxc.nc7j.com:23>

If you want to fix this.

1. Copy the above  list and place it in a text file somewhere you can find
2. Open up N1MM and go into the Telnet screen.
3. Edit Telnet List
4. Highlight all the entries by holding the left button on the mouse and
dragging down to the bottom so they are all in blue.
5. Hit the delete key and that will delete all your cluster entries.  This
will clean out the entire list.  You can keep the ones you like if you
know the work
6. Now, File/Import and select the file you saved in step 1

You now have a very clean and workable list.

Mike va3mw

Michael Walker

Thanks Larry

It is just a lot of typing for anyone else to try.  You don't have to do it in N1MM.

 I found it faster to use Windows command prompt.

Open a command prompt, type in Telnet and then use the 'open' command.

Example:

open va3mw.dxcluster.org 41112       <--- (you can't use the Colon : that is in the N1MM format)

If it times out, it is dead Jim!

Someone who is quick with Python could script it to check as well, which would be ideal.

I also did NOT test anything that had a hard coded IP address,  I did test 10 of them and none worked, so I deleted the rest.  :)  Sorry if that was you.  If you need a DNS hosting, I can help you out.

73, Mike va3mw

p.s. It is nice to know what works.  I think last year ve7cc had a failure for a bit.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 10:34 AM Larry K8UT <K8UT@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi Steve

w0mu failed my tests as the Port number was not specified in the list.

You'll see it is missing the 7373

73, Mike va3mw

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 10:41 AM Steve London <n2ic@...> wrote:
W0MU,w0mu.net:7373

has always worked well.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 10/25/2019 08:33 AM, Larry K8UT wrote:
> Mike,
>
> THANK YOU for testing the North American clusters on the list. If you can supply
> a complete list = Tested_North_American and Untested_Everywhere_Else = I will
> replace the list on the website with your updated list. (send to me as an email
> attach)
>
> And if anyone else wants to volunteer and test those untested from Mike's list
> we can integrate your results into a complete "all tested as of 2019-10-25"
> download file.
>
> While you were testing those we were modifying the documentation for importing a
> list into N1MM+. You will find a new section under >Docs >Windows >Telnet
> Window, "Importing a Downloaded Cluster List"
> https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/telnet-window/#importing-a-downloaded-cluster-list
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -larry K8UT

John Webster

Many, many thanks.

John
NN1SS

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 10:15 AM Michael Walker <va3mw@...> wrote:
Hi All

I took an hour this morning and tested ALL the USA and Canada dx clusters.  I did not test any cluster outside of NA.  Maybe someone else can do that.

This is what works:

If you want to fix this.

  1. Copy the above  list and place it in a text file somewhere you can find
  2. Open up N1MM and go into the Telnet screen.
  3. Edit Telnet List
  4. Highlight all the entries by holding the left button on the mouse and dragging down to the bottom so they are all in blue.
  5. Hit the delete key and that will delete all your cluster entries.  This will clean out the entire list.  You can keep the ones you like if you know the work
  6. Now, File/Import and select the file you saved in step 1
You now have a very clean and workable list.

Mike va3mw

Pete Smith

A couple of caveats - this list lacks a couple of longtime stalwarts, W9PA and W3LPL.  There are probably a number of others.

Also, the list includes the RBN's Telnet feed, which is intended only to provide spots to DX clusters that wish to connect.  To keep up with the volume, the servers behind this address have been stripped of all filtering, so you will miss out on some very useful capabilities if you connect directly to the RBN.  Please don't!  You don't want to be the straw that breaks the camel's back during CQWWCW.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/25/2019 10:50 AM, John Webster wrote:

[...]

Hi Pete

I agree.  the RBN should be removed.

As well, the other 2 were never in the 'shipped' version of N1MM that I can tell, so if they got into a list, they had to be manually added.

What are their addresses?

Mike va3mw

Mike, I don't know which, if any cluster file is included in updates of MM+, but you can find the latest cluster list at <https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/mmfiles/clusters-2019-10-11-txt/>

On 10/25/2019 11:22 AM, Michael Walker wrote:

[...]

Gary E. Kohtala

Please add:

W7JD-1,   w7jd.ddns.net, PORT 9000. It is up 24/7, works, and is in Radcliff, KY.
I am sysop. Runs VE7CC's CC Cluster software.

I have full time feed from VE7CC-1 and others, plus RBN. Users can optionally turn
RBN spots off or on with a single command.
Thanks!

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK

brian.moran@...

Computers are pretty good at contacting one another -- "Uptime monitoring" services can connect to a website and do something to verify that it's up at whatever interval you like, and keep stats over a long time -- much longer than a human can pay attention.  Sure, it might cost $20 a month to have the list always updated, but conceivably that data could be used to have the list in N1MM Logger (or a page on the N1MM Logger website) be shown with a 'quality bar' next to each of the choices with the status... just a thought.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 7:41 AM Steve London <n2ic@...> wrote:
W0MU,w0mu.net:7373

has always worked well.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 10/25/2019 08:33 AM, Larry K8UT wrote:
> Mike,
>
> THANK YOU for testing the North American clusters on the list. If you can supply
> a complete list = Tested_North_American and Untested_Everywhere_Else = I will
> replace the list on the website with your updated list. (send to me as an email
> attach)
>
> And if anyone else wants to volunteer and test those untested from Mike's list
> we can integrate your results into a complete "all tested as of 2019-10-25"
> download file.
>
> While you were testing those we were modifying the documentation for importing a
> list into N1MM+. You will find a new section under >Docs >Windows >Telnet
> Window, "Importing a Downloaded Cluster List"
> https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/telnet-window/#importing-a-downloaded-cluster-list
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -larry K8UT

Michael Walker

Hi Brian

Yes, you are correct.  It just needs an owner to make it happen.   Are you volunteering?

Pete, the same is true for the list of valid clusters to be in update in N1MM.  It also needs someone and I don't think it can be the N1MM crew.  I'd rather have them writing code.  For the moment, I will see if I can merge all the data points in the coming weeks and the publish on GitHub.

73, Mike

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 1:14 PM <brian.moran@...> wrote:
Computers are pretty good at contacting one another -- "Uptime monitoring" services can connect to a website and do something to verify that it's up at whatever interval you like, and keep stats over a long time -- much longer than a human can pay attention.  Sure, it might cost $20 a month to have the list always updated, but conceivably that data could be used to have the list in N1MM Logger (or a page on the N1MM Logger website) be shown with a 'quality bar' next to each of the choices with the status... just a thought.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 7:41 AM Steve London <n2ic@...> wrote:
W0MU,w0mu.net:7373

has always worked well.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 10/25/2019 08:33 AM, Larry K8UT wrote:
> Mike,
>
> THANK YOU for testing the North American clusters on the list. If you can supply
> a complete list = Tested_North_American and Untested_Everywhere_Else = I will
> replace the list on the website with your updated list. (send to me as an email
> attach)
>
> And if anyone else wants to volunteer and test those untested from Mike's list
> we can integrate your results into a complete "all tested as of 2019-10-25"
> download file.
>
> While you were testing those we were modifying the documentation for importing a
> list into N1MM+. You will find a new section under >Docs >Windows >Telnet
> Window, "Importing a Downloaded Cluster List"
> https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/telnet-window/#importing-a-downloaded-cluster-list
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -larry K8UT

Pete Smith

There were two problems I became painfully aware of when I manually updated the list last year:

You have no way of knowing about new clusters that have joined the community since the last list

Not all clusters are 24/7, so a lot depends on when you test.

On 10/25/2019 1:22 PM, Michael Walker wrote:

Hi Brian

Yes, you are correct.  It just needs an owner to make it happen.   Are you volunteering?

Pete, the same is true for the list of valid clusters to be in update in N1MM.  It also needs someone and I don't think it can be the N1MM crew.  I'd rather have them writing code.  For the moment, I will see if I can merge all the data points in the coming weeks and the publish on GitHub.

73, Mike

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 1:14 PM <brian.moran@...> wrote:
Computers are pretty good at contacting one another -- "Uptime monitoring" services can connect to a website and do something to verify that it's up at whatever interval you like, and keep stats over a long time -- much longer than a human can pay attention.  Sure, it might cost $20 a month to have the list always updated, but conceivably that data could be used to have the list in N1MM Logger (or a page on the N1MM Logger website) be shown with a 'quality bar' next to each of the choices with the status... just a thought.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 7:41 AM Steve London <n2ic@...> wrote:
W0MU,w0mu.net:7373

has always worked well.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 10/25/2019 08:33 AM, Larry K8UT wrote:
> Mike,
>
> THANK YOU for testing the North American clusters on the list. If you can supply
> a complete list = Tested_North_American and Untested_Everywhere_Else = I will
> replace the list on the website with your updated list. (send to me as an email
> attach)
>
> And if anyone else wants to volunteer and test those untested from Mike's list
> we can integrate your results into a complete "all tested as of 2019-10-25"
> download file.
>
> While you were testing those we were modifying the documentation for importing a
> list into N1MM+. You will find a new section under >Docs >Windows >Telnet
> Window, "Importing a Downloaded Cluster List"
> https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/telnet-window/#importing-a-downloaded-cluster-list
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -larry K8UT

Michael Walker

Update  number 3.

Over the past few hours, I got an education on the n1mm published list and I don't want to get in the way of any current process.

I had a chance to run through the entire list on the N1MM site and these sites did respond to a connection and  a 'login:' prompt.   This allows you to update your list for the contest this weekend.   I wanted to thank VA3CIR for writing the script to do this.

You can copy this into a text file and import it into N1MM as you wish.

Mike va3mw

6L0NJ,DXC.DX.OR.KR:23
7N4TWL,7N4TWL.HOMEIP.NET:8000
9A0DXC,9A0DXC.HAMRADIO.HR:8000
9M2PJU,9M2PJU.HAMRADIO.MY:7300
AE5E-1,DXSPOTS.COM:23
AI9T,DXC.AI9T.COM:7300
AI9T-2,DXC.AI9T.COM:7373
CE4UYP,146.83.196.31:9000
CS5SEL-5,HAMRADIO.ISEL.IPL.PT:41112
CX2SA-6,CX2SA.NET:9000
DB0ERF,DB0ERF.DE:41113
DB0ERF-5,WWW.DB0ERF.DE:41113
DB0LJ-6,DX.PRGM.ORG:41112
DB0SPC-7,DB0SPC.ATH.CX:8000
DB0SUE-7,DB0SUE.DE:8000
EA4RCH-5,EA4RCH.DXFUN.COM:8000
EA5URM,EA5URM.DNS2GO.COM:7000
EA5URM-5,EA5URM.DNS2GO.COM:7000
EA7URM-5,DX.EA7URM.ORG:8000
ED1ZAC-5,DX.ED1ZAC.NET:8000
EI7MRE,MAYODX.ATH.CX:7300
EI7SDX,SHANDX.ATH.CX:5000
F1OYP-6,F1OYP.NO-IP.ORG:7400
F1OYP-8,F1OYP.NO-IP.ORG:7373
F5MZN-3,F5MZN.ORG:9000
F6KBK,F6GCP-PAT.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
F6KBK-3,F6GCP-PAT.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
GB7BAA,GB7BAA.COM:7300
GB7DJK,GB7DJK.DXCLUSTER.NET:7300
GB7DXG,GB7DXG.LEBS.ORG.UK:7300
GB7DXS,81.149.0.149:7300
GB7MBC,GB7MBC.SPOO.ORG:8000
GB7MBC,WWW.GB7MBC.NET:8000
HB9ON-9,WWW.HB9ON.ORG:8000
HG8PRC,HG8LXL.HAM.HU:8000
HS0ZER,HS0ZER.NO-IP.COM:9000
HS0ZER-15,HS0ZER.NO-IP.COM:9000
I0INU,I0INU.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
I0INU-6,I0INU.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
I3ITX-6,CLUSTER.FUTURISTIC.IT:8000
IK4ICZ,IK4ICZ.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
IK4ICZ-6,IK4ICZ.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
IK8HJC,IK8HJC.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
IK8HJC-6,IK8HJC.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
IQ0LT-6,IQ0LT.NET:7300
IQ1GP-6,CLUSTER.ARI-RIVAROLO.ORG:7000
IQ2LB-6,DX.ARILIMBIATE.IT:7300
IR4U-6,IR4U.ARICESENA.IT:8000
IT9OBK,IT9OBK.ORG:41112
IT9OBK-6,IT9OBK.ORG:41112
IW0QNL-6,IW0QNLSERVER.NS0.IT:9002
IW2EVH-6,1972.DYNDNS.TV:7300
IW5ECF,HAM.HOMELINUX.ORG:8000
IW5ECF-6,HAM.HOMELINUX.ORG:8000
IZ0FKE,CLX.NOANTRI.ORG:23
IZ3MEZ-8,CLUSTER.IZ3MEZ.IT:8000
IZ7AUH,DX.IZ7AUH.NET:8000
IZ7AUH-6,DX.IZ7AUH.NET:8000
JA2YYF,JA2YYF.D2G.COM:23
JA2YYF-9,DXCLUSTER.JP:7300
JE3YEK,JA3YAQ.AMPR.ORG:9000
JH1RFM,JH1RFM.DDO.JP:7300
JH1RFM-9,JH1RFM.DDO.JP:7300
JI1MNT-8,DX-CLUSTER.COM:8877
K1EU,K1EU.DYNIP.COM:23
K1TTT,K1TTT.NET:7373
K3LR,DX.K3LR.COM:23
K4JW,K4JW.NO-IP.COM:41414
K4MD,K4MD.NO-IP.COM:7373
K4ZR,K4ZR.NO-IP.ORG:7300
K6SY,K6SY.WEMS.COM:7300
K7TJ-1,K7TJ.EWARG.ORG:7300
K8AZ,K8AZ.NO-IP.COM:23
K9AJ,DXC.K9AJ.NET:23
KB2SYD-5,DX.SCARCNJ.ORG:7300
KC9AOP-1,DXSPOTS.KC9AOP.NET:7300
KN2M,KN2M.D2G.COM:23
KQ8M,KQ8M.NO-IP.ORG:7373
KQ8M-2,KQ8M.NO-IP.ORG:7374
LU9DA-6,LU9DA.NO-IP.ORG:9000
N0CDA,N0CDA.HOMEDNS.ORG:7300
N0VD,CLUSTER.DX-CENTRAL.COM:23
N0VD-7,CLUSTER.DXCENTRAL.COM:23
N2KI,DXC.N2KI.COM:7300
N4VFF-2,DX.HARWOOD.COM:8000
N4ZKF-1,CCC.N4ZKF.COM:7373
N6WS-2,N6WS.NO-IP.ORG:7302
N6WS-6,N6WS.NO-IP.ORG:7300
N7OD,N7OD.PENTUX.NET:23
N7TR-1,DXC.N7TR.COM:7373
N9BC-2,DXC.N9BC.COM:7300
N9JR,DX.N9JR.COM:7300
NC7J,DXC.NC7J.COM:23
NC7J-1,DXC.NC7J.COM:7373
NX9G,DXC.F2F.US:7300
OE1XHQ,DXCLUSTER.OEVSV.AT:41112
OH1RCF,OH1AB.DY.FI:8000
OH2J,HAM.CONNECT.FI:7300
OK0DXI,OK0DXI.NAGANO.CZ:41112
OK0DXI,RADIO.NAGANO.CZ:41112
OK0DXU,OK0NTU.AMPR.CZ:7373
ON0DXK,193.191.136.222:8000
ON0DXK-5,ON0DXK.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
OP0P,OP0P.NO-IP.ORG:8000
OZ5BBS-7,OZ5BBS.NO-IP.ORG:8000
PA1RBZ,PA1RBZ.DYNDNS.ORG:9000
PE1ITR-8,DXC.PE1ITR.COM:7300
PI4CC,DXC.PI4CC.NL:8000
PY3NZ-8,DXC.BAEPENDI.COM.BR:8000
RW3XA,DX.OBNINSK.ORG:41112
RW3XA-8,DX.OBNINSK.ORG:8000
S50DXS,S50DXS.ODS.ORG:8000
SM4ONW,CLUSTER.SK4BW.NET:8000
SM4ONW-14,CLUSTER.SK4BW.NET:8000
SM6HOC,SM6HOC.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
SM6HOC-6,SM6HOC.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
SM6YOU,SECTOR7.NU:8000
SM6YOU-2,SECTOR7.NU:8000
SM7GVF,SM7GVF.DYNDNS.ORG:3692
SM7GVF-6,SM7GVF.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
SR4DXC,SR4DXC.JESTOK.COM:9000
SR9ZAA,195.150.236.250:9000
SR9ZAA-12,195.150.236.250:9000
SV2HRT-1,SV2HRT.ATH.CX:7300
VA3MW,VA3MW.HOMEIP.NET:41112
VA3MW-7,VA3MW.DXCLUSTER.ORG:41112
VE1CFB,SPARC.NO-IP.INFO:7300
VE2PKT,VE2PKT.DYNDNS.ORG:9000
VE2PKT-9,VE2PKT.DYNDNS.ORG:9000
VE3CGR,VE3CGR.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
VE3CGR-5,VE3CGR.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
VE3EY,DX.FIREROUTE.COM:23
VE3EY-7,DX.FIREROUTE.COM:23
VE3ZIN-2,DXC.VE3ZIN.COM:7300
VE6AAA,DXC.VE7CC.NET:7373
VE6DXC,DXC.MIDDLEBROOK.CA:8000
VE6TN,DX.MIDDLEBROOK.CA:23
VE6TN-7,DXC.MIDDLEBROOK.CA:23
VE7CC,DXC.VE7CC.NET:23
VE7CC-1,VE7CC.NET:23
VE9EMO-9,VE9EMO.GNB.CA:23
VE9SC,VE9SC.NO-IP.ORG:6300
W1AAA,DXUSA.NET:7300
W1NR,DXC.W1NR.NET:23
W1NR,DXC.W1NR.NET:7300
W3LPL,W3LPL.NET:7373
W4DXA,W3GQ.NO-IP.COM:23
W4QB,K4ZR.NO-IP.ORG:7300
W6KK,W6KK.ZAPTO.ORG:7300
W6RFU,UCSBDX.ECE.UCSB.EDU:7300
W6RK-2,CH.W6RK.COM:7300
W8WTS-1,DXC.W8WTS.NET:23
W8WTS-3,DXC.W8WTS.NET:7373
W9PA,DXC.W9PA.NET:7373
WB3FFV-2,DXC.LEADMON.NET:7300
WB4QOJ-8,WB4QOJ.NO-IP.ORG:7373
WC2L,DXC.WC2L.COM:23
WC2L-1,DXC.WC2L.COM:7373
WD1L,DXC.WD1L.NET:7300
WD4IXD,DXC.WD4IXD.NET:23
WR3D,WR3D.DXCLUSTER.NET:7300
WT3Q,WT3Q.GOFRC.ORG:7300
WW1R-9,DXC.WW1R.COM:7300
XQ8FGC-10,XQ8FGC.CX2SA.NET:9000
ZL2AQY-10,OLSON.NET.NZ:9000
FLOOD,174.81.218.124:7373
HB9DCO-1,kh6am.no-ip.org:7550

Jim W7RY

Working clusters are missing from this list.

Thanks
73
Jim W7RY

On 10/25/2019 1:51 PM, Michael Walker wrote:

[...]

fastfl

Gary,  Kt3t here. I keep getting a connection was forced closed by system on telnet connection with Ve7cc in N1MM. Any ideas?