Topics

Cannot get telnet connection

Jim W7RY

Or WS7I or K7TJ... Both of them work too and are very reliable.

Thanks
73
Jim W7RY
On 10/13/2019 9:12 PM, Pete Smith wrote:

Try one of the old faithful clusters - NC7J, W3LPL, W9PA, for three.  They are all on MM+'s cluster list.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/13/2019 4:49 PM, Bill Parris wrote:

Just got back on the air.  N1MM+ running well except I cannot get a telnet connection.  Using Windows 7, internet connection is good.  Turned off the Windows Firewall, still no connection.  Microsoft Security Essentials is the default security system, but I cannot figure how to turn it off, assuming it may be the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill, AA4R

Pete Smith

Try one of the old faithful clusters - NC7J, W3LPL, W9PA, for three.  They are all on MM+'s cluster list.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/13/2019 4:49 PM, Bill Parris wrote:

Just got back on the air.  N1MM+ running well except I cannot get a telnet connection.  Using Windows 7, internet connection is good.  Turned off the Windows Firewall, still no connection.  Microsoft Security Essentials is the default security system, but I cannot figure how to turn it off, assuming it may be the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill, AA4R

Michael Walker

Hi Bill

My cluster is up.  VA3MW-7

Mike va3mw

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 6:24 PM Larry K8UT <K8UT@...> wrote:
Bill,

Your problem may be that you are trying to connect to non-existent sties. The list of telnet sites that comes with N1MM contains many errors due to unreliable site presence.

There is a newer - but still not 100% reliable - list on the website at: >Downloads >Additional Support Files "CLUSTERS 2019-10-11.TXT". You might try that.

Also, see the doc section on Telnet connection problems here: