Topics

N1MM Logger + / WSJT SO2R Setup problem

Bud Trench

I am attempting to setup N1MM Logger+ and WSJT v2.1.0 in a SO2R configuration.  I’ve made some progress but, now I’m stalled.  I’ve searched on this list for an answer to my issues but I’m seeing one.

I’ve been successful in making both the Radio 1 and Radio 2 sides work independently, i.e., I can start WSJT from either side and it comes up fully functional.  I get CAT control and a good Decode List.  However, when I attempt to bring up the second side, I get a runtime error message and no CAT control on the radio that I have just activated.

Radio 1 is a K3, Radio 2 is an IC7800.  I am activating them from the Load WSJT/JTDX option in the Entry Window pull down.

I’ve setup the Configurer and WSJT tabs per the instructions on the N1MM website, including the CAT Control Network Server and UDP server port number updates for Radio 2.

Any advice?

Bud AA3B

N1MMLogger.net - Version 1.0.7900.0

Built: 8/13/2019 2:13:14 PM

Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.18362.0,64:1,en-US,en-US

Error occurred at: 8/19/2019 6:05:45 PM in Thread:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

   at N1MMLogger.Net.WSJTRadio.RadioTCPListening() in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Logger.Net\Forms\WSJTRadio.vb:line 115

Call Stack before the runtime error:   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)

   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()

   at N1MMLibrary.SharedLib.CallStackString() in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Library\Classes\SharedCode.vb:line 89

   at N1MMLogger.Net.SharedCode.HandleError(Exception e, String PortName, String Info) in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Logger.Net\Modules\SharedCode.vb:line 186

   at N1MMLogger.Net.WSJTRadio.RadioTCPListening() in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Logger.Net\Forms\WSJTRadio.vb:line 150

   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Rick Ellison

Download this experimental version till a new release is made it will fix the problem..

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/n1mmwpfiles/Download/Program%20Files/Experimental%20Versions/N1MM%20Logger%2B%20Update%201.0.7900%20For%20K1TTT-2.exe

73 Rick N2AMG

[...]

Thanks Rick.  The experimental release fixed the issue.  73, Bud AA3B