I do not use N1MM to do any voicing for contesting, so using ESM for SSB is not an issue.

Thanks for your feedback, i've learned a bit.

Robie - AJ4F

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 11:22 AM John Bednar via Groups.Io <k3ct=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Robie,

Do you have hardware PTT connected between the computer or WinKey and the radio?

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Robie
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2019 6:57 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] N1MM+ ESM Unexpected Return to RX

John,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. I'll make the suggested changes to the Function key files and test later today

2. PTT via Radio Command SSB mode was not checked

I'll provide feedback on the results,

Robie

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 10:40 AM John Bednar via Groups.Io <k3ct=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Robie,

This PTT issue is unique to the K3 radio. It gets confused when there is a radio command for PTT and the hardware PTT active at the same time.

When you press Enter in ESM mode, the program is attempting to play one of the voice messages below.  Remove all text after the comma of every line including the “-“ characters on some lines.

Also, in the radio com port setup window, uncheck “PTT via Radio Command SSB mode”.

John, K3CT