Topics

Runtime error on 2nd launch of WSJT-X from N1MM+

Victor Paul

This happened to me several times tonight so I closed everything down and took notes on how I elicited a runtime error message.  Recipe is as follows:
Many of these steps are likely not necessary to cause the problem but they do seem to be sufficient.  Windows 7 64-bit. N1MM+ V1.0.7900.0 (13 Aug 2019). WSJT-X 2.1.0.

Launch N1MM+ (double click desktop icon).
EW, Log, Telnet and Network Status Windows come up.
Close network status window (X).
Minimize Telnet window (_)
Type FT8<enter> into EW.
WSJT-X ForEW1, associated WSJT-X Wide Graph, WSJT-X Decode List 1 and N1MM-WSJT Connection -1 windows come up, with the latter showing green and Decode list populating nicely.  WSJT-X is actually in FT4 mode, the way it was when last used.
Minimize Log window, it flies down to just above the task bar next to the Telnet window icon.
Minimize decode list window which flies down to the task bar.
Minimize the EW, it flies down to the task bar.
Raise the log window.
Raise the decode list.
Switch to FT8 mode using the mode pull-down in WSJT-X.
Clear decode list window (max lines = 10 FWIW)
I note that the N1MM-WSJT Connection -1 panel is no where to be found, I don't see it in the task bar, and it's  not hiding under any of the other panels.
Close the Decode List panel (X)
Close WSJT-X ForEW1 panel (X). It goes away and takes the Wide graph with it as expected.
Raise the N1MM+ EW panel by clicking on the only N1MM+ icon in the task bar (hoving over it shows there are no more beneath it).
Telnet window and EW window fly up to the desktop.
Minimize the Telnet Window (_)
Type FT8<enter> into EW.

and up comes this:

N1MMLogger.net - Version 1.0.7900.0
Built: 8/13/2019 1:13:14 PM
Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1,64:1,en-US,en-US
Error occurred at: 8/14/2019 9:59:21 PM in Thread:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at N1MMLogger.Net.WSJTRadio.RadioTCPListening() in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Logger.Net\Forms\WSJTRadio.vb:line 115

Call Stack before the runtime error:   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at N1MMLibrary.SharedLib.CallStackString() in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Library\Classes\SharedCode.vb:line 89
   at N1MMLogger.Net.SharedCode.HandleError(Exception e, String PortName, String Info) in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Logger.Net\Modules\SharedCode.vb:line 186
   at N1MMLogger.Net.WSJTRadio.RadioTCPListening() in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Logger.Net\Forms\WSJTRadio.vb:line 150
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Victor WB0TEV / V31VP

Victor Paul

N2AMG sent me a link to an experimental version with a fix for the Run Time Error I was eliciting.  Am pleased to report the fix appears to work.  I can't break it like I did before.
Thanks Rick!

Victor WB0TEV / V31VP

Chuck Dietz

I’m having this problem too

Chuck W5PR

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 8:15 PM Victor Paul <vmpaul@...> wrote:
N2AMG sent me a link to an experimental version with a fix for the Run Time Error I was eliciting.  Am pleased to report the fix appears to work.  I can't break it like I did before.
Thanks Rick!

Victor WB0TEV / V31VP

Rick Ellison

N2AMG sent me a link to an experimental version with a fix for the Run Time Error I was eliciting.  Am pleased to report the fix appears to work.  I can't break it like I did before.
Thanks Rick!

Victor WB0TEV / V31VP

Gary Hembree

Rick,
I am now able to switch TX focus from one WSJT-X window to the other and have the correct radio transmit with out having focus on the N1MM+ entry windows.  This speaks very highly of your fix since I am still using a DX Doubler SO2R box with a real parallel port card to drive it and use WinKeyer PTT and CW.  In fact I haven’t found any bugs in this experimental version at all.  Thanks again!

73
Gary, N7IR

Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2019 6:28 PM

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/n1mmwpfiles/Download/Program%20Files/Experimental%20Versions/N1MM%20Logger%2B%20Update%201.0.7900%20For%20K1TTT-2.exe