Topics

N1MM+ & WSJT-X integration: A Moving Target

Victor Paul

Based on my recollection some traffic on the N1MM+ reflector, N2AMG et. al. have done a lot of work of late to improve and optimize the integration between N1MM+ and WSJT-X.  Hoping that the dust had pretty much settled after the release of WSJT-X 2.1.0 (not to be confused with the former 2.0.1), I decided to finally dive in and get the latest and greatest instructions on how to do such and get it all done on my desktop machine and the two laptops I plan on taking down to Belize when I do my V31 thing.

After downloading and installing WSJT-X 2.1.0 and updating N1MM+ to V1.0.7883.0 (dated 06 Aug 2019). I went looking for the latest and greatest instructions.  On the hamdocs website I found what I thought I was looking for.  Under the Additional Support Files I found a file with a date of July 21, 2019 entitled N1MMWSJTXInstructions.pdf and thought I'd hit pay dirt.

I started going through it and didn't get past page 1 when I noticed that the illustration shown for the Digital Modes Tab on the Configurer did not match the layout of what I see in N1MM+ V1.0.7883.0.  The .pdf document shows a section at the bottom entitled Path to WSJT/JTDX, which does not appear in N1MM+ anymore. Instead there is now a new Configurer tab labeled WSJT/JTDX setup.

Thus, I have no confidence that the instructions in the July 21,2019 dated .pdf file are still correct and thus am hesitant to try and tackle 3 computers worth until I get some up to date guidance.  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, or more likely the N1MMWSJTXInstructions.pdf file just needs updating.  I know the developers are busy, especially N2AMG (God Bless Him!) and beggars can't be choosers, so I'm happy to wait a bit if the dev team just needs some time and bandwidth to get caught up on the documentation.

I also seem to recall reading a while ago (not sure where, maybe on the groups.io feed?) there was some info on setting up separate WSJT-X .ini files for standalone operation versus use with N1MM+.  I didn't see any mention of that in the July 21, 2019 N1MMWSJTXInstructions.pdf and wonder if all that is now OBE or what?

Standing by,

Victor WB0TEV / V31VP

ve3ki

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 02:30 PM, Victor Paul wrote:
[...]

Don Hill AA5AU

Detailed instructions on integrating the latest versions of N1MM+ and WSJT-X can be found here:

73, Don AA5AU

On Monday, August 12, 2019, 03:39:18 PM CDT, ve3ki <ve3iay@...> wrote:

Try the instructions at <https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/wsjt-x-decode-list-window/>.

[...]

The write-up by Don, AA5AU at the link below is excellent!  Best set of instructions I've seen on the latest on integration of N1MM+ with WSJT-X. Very detailed, with lots of screen shots and explanations of not just how, but why.  Not sure who would need to do what, but I think it would be great if a .pdf version of it could be loaded into the Additional Support Files folder in the Downloads section of the main N2MM+ website.

https://www.rttycontesting.com/tutorials/n1mm/operating-ww-digi-with-n1mm/

Thanks Don, for the time you took to make this tutorial.

73,
Victor WB0TEV / V31VP

Jim Cooper

On 14 Aug 2019 at 18:38, Victor Paul wrote:

Not sure who would need to do what,
but I think it would be great if a
.pdf version of it could be loaded
into the Additional Support Files
folder in the Downloads section of
the main N2MM+ website.
Today I made myself a PDF of that document,
with most all of the links in it appended to
the PDF ...

If anyone wants it, to upload or for themselves,
let me know.

Jim W2JC

Don Hill AA5AU

Thanks Jim.

Distribute the PDF as you like. If the N1MM+ team wants to post it on their
site. That's fine with me.

Don AA5AU

On 14 Aug 2019 at 18:38, Victor Paul wrote:

Not sure who would need to do what,
but I think it would be great if a
.pdf version of it could be loaded
into the Additional Support Files
folder in the Downloads section of
the main N2MM+ website.
Today I made myself a PDF of that document,
with most all of the links in it appended to
the PDF ...

If anyone wants it, to upload or for themselves,
let me know.

Jim W2JC

Larry K8UT

Thanks, Don.

As always, and excellent reference document. A PDF copy of your pages has been placed in the Additional Support Files section of the N1MM website with a URL and disclaimer that it represents a snapshot of your work that may have been subsequently updated.

-larry (K8UT)

[...]

Tony Gasperino

Don:

I also compliment you on the document. As an old English major, I found it well prepared, lucid, and with clear supporting images. Thanks for your time and effort.

73, Tony, WS7V

mike watts

Wait, what document?  I think I missed something...

Mike WY6K

"... somewhere in the distance, there's a tower and a light, broadcastin' the resistance, through the rain and through the night..."

On Friday, August 16, 2019, 11:23:25 AM CDT, Tony Gasperino <ws7v@...> wrote:

Don:

I also compliment you on the document. As an old English major, I found it well prepared, lucid, and with clear supporting images. Thanks for your time and effort.

73, Tony, WS7V

Mike ND9G

Not a document in the traditional sense. Here is the link from the initial post of this thread.

73,
Mike ND9G

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 3:31 PM mike watts via Groups.Io <wy6k=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Wait, what document?  I think I missed something...

Mike WY6K

"... somewhere in the distance, there's a tower and a light, broadcastin' the resistance, through the rain and through the night..."

On Friday, August 16, 2019, 11:23:25 AM CDT, Tony Gasperino <ws7v@...> wrote:

Don:

I also compliment you on the document. As an old English major, I found it well prepared, lucid, and with clear supporting images. Thanks for your time and effort.

73, Tony, WS7V

Jim Denneny

Jim W2JC

I would like PDF copy of N1MM+ /WSJT document. Send to above email address.

Thanks, Jim K7EG