Topics

FW: ICOM-746 TALK TO N1MM

Michael Daly

Does anyone have an Icom 746 working properly with N1MM.  If so can you send me the settings.  My IC 756 PRO III talks to N1MM, but I cannot get the 746 to communicate. I AM RUNNING Windows 10 with an HP 64 bit processor

Mike, n5sj

Ed W2LCQ

In the N1MM+ list of supported radios

IC-746 using address 56 hex

    • VFO-B is a virtual VFO as long it isn’t activated. The scale is not controlled by the VFO-B of the transceiver. It becomes an active VFO when it is activated. The IC-746 is switched to VFO-B and set to the frequency shown in the VFO-B bandmap.

IC-746 PRO using address 66 hex

    • USB-D / LSB-D digital modes supported.

73, Ed W2LCQ

Frankford Radio Club
CWops 701 - SKCC 5474 - FISTS 12294

On Aug 5, 2019, at 11:46 AM, Michael Daly <n5sj@...> wrote:

Does anyone have an Icom 746 working properly with N1MM.  If so can you send me the settings.  My IC 756 PRO III talks to N1MM, but I cannot get the 746 to communicate. I AM RUNNING Windows 10 with an HP 64 bit processor

Mike, n5sj

Michael Daly

Ed,

I now have a connection between the IC 746 and N1MM, but using SO2R I have a conflict. So I’m slowly gaining on the problem. I think I just need to work with the WinKeyer set up a bit and I will be in business  Thanks for your assistance.

73, Mike, n5sj

·

·         USB-D / LSB-D digital modes supported.

73, Ed W2LCQ

Frankford Radio Club

CWops 701 - SKCC 5474 - FISTS 12294

On Aug 5, 2019, at 11:46 AM, Michael Daly <n5sj@...> wrote:

Does anyone have an Icom 746 working properly with N1MM.  If so can you send me the settings.  My IC 756 PRO III talks to N1MM, but I cannot get the 746 to communicate. I AM RUNNING Windows 10 with an HP 64 bit processor

Mike, n5sj

Ed W2LCQ

Good luck Mike. It took me a while to get my 756 Pro III going. Just be patient. Getting the right rig address is most of the battle.

On Aug 16, 2019, at 10:05 PM, Michael Daly <n5sj@...> wrote:

[...]

VE9AA - Mike

"...but using SO2R I have a conflict..."

Are you SO2R? If so, what is your second radio and do you have your SO2R controller set up correctly with virtual ports etc?

Should be a cake walk getting your IC-746 talking to N1MM+. Start there with 1 radio before jumping in with 2.

Michael Daly

Mike,

The other radio is an Icom 756 PRO III and I have been using it as my main radio with N1MM and DXLAB Suites for a number of years but never had the 746 hooked up. But now that I’m entering VHF Contests I want to log with the 746 and eventually try my hand at real SO2R.  I now have both radios connected  but there is a conflict between the two radios. I’m working on N1MM first.  I had to change the configuration addresses in N1MM for the 746 to remove the conflict with the 756.  I suspect I need to do something with the WinKeyer but not sure.  I’m first connecting the key to the WinKeyer by making the cable.  I came out tonight to do that, found the appropriate materials and then got distracted with emails and a cw traffic net.  I expect I’m close to having it licked.

Thanks,

Mike, n5sj

"...but using SO2R I have a conflict..."

Are you SO2R? If so, what is your second radio and do you have your SO2R controller set up correctly with virtual ports etc?

Should be a cake walk getting your IC-746 talking to N1MM+. Start there with 1 radio before jumping in with 2.

Michael Daly

Mike,

By the way, I’m joining several other NM and Texas operators and operating from Prince Edward Island next month. Operating the WAE CW Contest

Mike

"...but using SO2R I have a conflict..."

Are you SO2R? If so, what is your second radio and do you have your SO2R controller set up correctly with virtual ports etc?

Should be a cake walk getting your IC-746 talking to N1MM+. Start there with 1 radio before jumping in with 2.

John Bednar

Mike,

I agree with Mike. The biggest problem that users have poor quality after market CI-V adapters and not knowing how the adapter is powered. This is not a program problem.

In the Config window, do not check CW/Other for either radio COM port. This box should only be checked for the single WinKey port.

Configuring the WinKey is as easy as the Icom radio. Find the correct COM port, Check CW/Other for that port, and check the WinKey box in the COM port window. Done.

John, K3CT