Topics

putting Waterfall Bandmap in Sound card mode for IQ output to sound card?? #spectrum

WB0WQS

In the instructions to configure the Spectrum Display Window.. the instructions say... "KX3 plus stereo sound card:
  • Connect KX3’s I/Q output to the sound card. Put WB in Sound Card mode. Offset zero. If traces move the wrong direction in the waterfall when tuning, check (or uncheck) Swap I&Q."

How do I but the WB in sound card mode?  Do I have to use the Win4K3Suite to make that work??  I tried to set this up the day before field day and had to abandon the idea.
Any clarification on this please?

Thank you - WB0WQS - Kelly Ellison

ve3ki

At the top of the Waterfall Bandmap window is a Start button and a text box beside it that reads either "Sound card based SDR" or "ExtIO_....dll". Just make sure that box reads "Sound card based SDR", set the other settings as needed (see the WB documentation for details), and click on Start. Then in the Spectrum Display window, set the Spectrum Source (in the right-click menu) to "For all other radios, source named"  and if it doesn't already say "Waterfall Bandmap", type that into the box (without the quotation marks).