Topics

Red calls that are not mults

danzee

I am using contest "DX" as my daily log.  After the last update, many calls that are not mults (new countries or zones) are showing up red in all displays. Many of those red calls are even shown in the log as previous QSOs on the same band! I checked band plan settings and font colors. The contest is the same log I've been using without this problem for many years.
What's up? Help!

danzee

More info: 
1. It appears the red-not-a-mult thing only happens to CW stations. I moved the band plan edges and it made no difference, so it's not associated with that.
2. I noticed that on 20m only, the band panel has no color at all in the 20CW slot. All the others are properly red or blue depending on the station in the input field.
Stranger and stranger.

Dan Zeitlin - K2YWE South Shore ARC - K3AU Annapolis, Maryland http://danzee.org

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:26 PM, danzee via Groups.Io <k2ywe@...> wrote:

I am using contest "DX" as my daily log.  After the last update, many calls that are not mults (new countries or zones) are showing up red in all displays. Many of those red calls are even shown in the log as previous QSOs on the same band! I checked band plan settings and font colors. The contest is the same log I've been using without this problem for many years.
What's up? Help!

Rick Ellison

I made a couple of changes to the DX module for this last update. I will double check that I did not break anything. On the contest setup window what mode overlay are you using so I can make sure I set the same as you are.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of danzee via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:26 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MMLoggerPlus] Red calls that are not mults

What's up? Help!

Virus-free. www.avast.com

danzee

SINGLE, HIGH, ALL, SSB+CW

Dan Zeitlin - K2YWE South Shore ARC - K3AU Annapolis, Maryland http://danzee.org

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:27 PM, Dan Z <k2ywe@...> wrote:

More info: 
1. It appears the red-not-a-mult thing only happens to CW stations. I moved the band plan edges and it made no difference, so it's not associated with that.
2. I noticed that on 20m only, the band panel has no color at all in the 20CW slot. All the others are properly red or blue depending on the station in the input field.
Stranger and stranger.

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:26 PM, danzee via Groups.Io <k2ywe@...> wrote:

What's up? Help!

danzee

I'm still having the problem. I wondering if I need to do a fresh install from scratch. I assume my databases and logs will be kept intact.

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:47 PM, Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

I made a couple of changes to the DX module for this last update. I will double check that I did not break anything. On the contest setup window what mode overlay are you using so I can make sure I set the same as you are.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of danzee via Groups.Io

What's up? Help!

danzee

Imported ADIF from contest file to another computer running version 1.0.7767.
Same cty.dat and country lists.
Problem not in evidence. Mults are all correct.
I have to conclude that my copy of 7687 is corrupt or broken.

Is it safe to uninstall N1MM and reinstall fresh version + update without losing any data?

danzee

I just updated the computer that was running 7667 with no problems and now with 7687 it too evidences the multiplier problem.
Different computer. same log. Only change was update.
It is a problem with 7687

On Monday, May 20, 2019 7:12 PM, danzee via Groups.Io <k2ywe@...> wrote:

Imported ADIF from contest file to another computer running version 1.0.7767.
Same cty.dat and country lists.
Problem not in evidence. Mults are all correct.
I have to conclude that my copy of 7687 is corrupt or broken.

Is it safe to uninstall N1MM and reinstall fresh version + update without losing any data?

ve3ki

A complete uninstall and reinstall will accomplish nothing (or at least, nothing positive - there's always a chance that doing this will make things worse).

The call sign coloring is a bug that was introduced in last week's version of the program. If you can't wait for the fix, you can simply go back to the previous version (1.0.7667) just by running the update installer for that (or any other) version.

Update files for all versions since 1.0.7422 (January 1, 2019) can be downloaded from the N1MM+ website; go to <https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/downloads>, select Program Files > Latest Updates and look through the list. Unfortunately, the dates listed in this archive for past releases are not the actual release dates, but you can find the release dates together with release notes for each update in the file C:\Program Files (x86)\N1MM Logger+\RevisionHistory.txt .

Rich VE3KI

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 06:33 PM, danzee wrote:
I'm still having the problem. I wondering if I need to do a fresh install from scratch. I assume my databases and logs will be kept intact.

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:47 PM, Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

73 Rick N2AMG

What's up? Help!

danzee

Rich - Thanks you, thank you, thank you.
Thanks for telling me it was a known bug. That's all I needed to know.  And thanks for telling me how to revert.
I will leave things as they are. Not a problem waiting for a fix now that I know it's been identified.

Kam Sirag <kam.sirag@...>

FWIW I'm seeing the exact same problem, everything entered in the Call Entry window is Red, whether it's a dupe, 'non' mult or not. Contest log is DX.

Kam
N3KS
TI7W

Rick Ellison

What mode are you in??

73 Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf
Of Kam Sirag via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2019 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] Red calls that are not mults

FWIW I'm seeing the exact same problem, everything entered in the Call Entry
window is Red, whether it's a dupe, 'non' mult or not. Contest log is DX.

Kam
N3KS
TI7W

danzee

Kam,
I'm told it's a recognized bug in the last release and is being addresses.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/20/19 9:20 PM (GMT-05:00)

What mode are you in??

73 Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf
Of Kam Sirag via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2019 8:45 PM

FWIW I'm seeing the exact same problem, everything entered in the Call Entry
window is Red, whether it's a dupe, 'non' mult or not.  Contest log is DX.

Kam
N3KS
TI7W