Topics

error on startup telling me to load newer wl_cty file

Darrell Neron <ab2e@...>

Hello all,
I've included a screen shot. Got a new laptop and was trying to transfer settings, etc from N1MM+ to new laptop.
All seemed well, databases and earlier contest files transferred and started up fine.
Today I launched N1MM, and it gives me an error with that lengthy list of problems screen. Appears to look for a newer wl_cty file. If I answer "Yes" for the program to find and install, the program locks for most features although rig control and spots still seem to work.
Suggestions?
73 Darrell AB2E

Steve London

Are you running some kind of cloud backup for the Documents folder on your new laptop ? If so, you need to exclude N1MM Logger+ from the cloud backup.

See:
https://groups.io/g/N1MMLoggerPlus/message/36189

Steve, N2IC

Darrell Neron <ab2e@...>

Hi Steve,
OK yes that could be it. The new laptop came with cloud backup for Microsoft 10 Pro.
I'll try to figure out how to exclude it.
73 Darrell AB2E

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Steve London <n2ic@...>
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2019 4:48 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] error on startup telling me to load newer wl_cty file

Are you running some kind of cloud backup for the Documents folder on your new laptop ? If so, you need to exclude N1MM Logger+ from the cloud backup.

See:

Steve, N2IC

Darrell Neron <ab2e@...>

Tried unchecking the N1MM+ folder from OneDrive in the Documents directory on One Drive.
Rebooted, but still the same problem, same error.
Alternately, the error pops up inside the N1mM program and prompts me to email to the team, which I did.
73 Darrell AB2E

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Darrell Neron <ab2e@...>
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2019 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] error on startup telling me to load newer wl_cty file

Hi Steve,
OK yes that could be it. The new laptop came with cloud backup for Microsoft 10 Pro.
73 Darrell AB2E

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Steve London <n2ic@...>
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2019 4:48 PM

See:

Steve, N2IC

Steve London

You will need to install the old N1MM Admin.s3db from your old computer. If you see files N1MM Admin.s3db-shm or N1MM Admin.s3db-wal, they need to be deleted.

Steve, N2IC

On 05/12/2019 03:09 PM, Darrell Neron wrote:
Tried unchecking the N1MM+ folder from OneDrive in the Documents directory on One Drive.
Rebooted, but still the same problem, same error.
Alternately, the error pops up inside the N1mM program and prompts me to email to the team, which I did.
73 Darrell AB2E
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*From:* N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Darrell Neron <ab2e@...>
*Sent:* Sunday, May 12, 2019 4:58 PM
*To:* N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] error on startup telling me to load newer wl_cty file
Hi Steve,
73 Darrell AB2E
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*From:* N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Steve London <n2ic@...>
*Sent:* Sunday, May 12, 2019 4:48 PM
*To:* N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] error on startup telling me to load newer wl_cty file
See:
Steve, N2IC

Darrell Neron <ab2e@...>

Thanks Steve,
I'll check that next.
73 Darrell AB2E

Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2019 5:17 PM

You will need to install the old N1MM Admin.s3db from your old computer. If you
see files N1MM Admin.s3db-shm or N1MM Admin.s3db-wal, they need to be deleted.

Steve, N2IC

> Tried unchecking the N1MM+ folder from OneDrive in the Documents directory on
> One Drive.
> Rebooted, but still the same problem, same error.
> Alternately, the error pops up inside the N1mM program and prompts me to email
> to the team, which I did.
> 73 Darrell AB2E
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Darrell
> Neron <ab2e@...>
> *Sent:* Sunday, May 12, 2019 4:58 PM
> *To:* N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
> *Subject:* Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] error on startup telling me to load newer wl_cty
> file
> Hi Steve,
> OK yes that could be it. The new laptop came with cloud backup for Microsoft 10 Pro.
> I'll try to figure out how to exclude it.
> 73 Darrell AB2E
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Steve
> London <n2ic@...>
> *Sent:* Sunday, May 12, 2019 4:48 PM
> *Subject:* Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] error on startup telling me to load newer wl_cty
> file
> Are you running some kind of cloud backup for the Documents folder on your new
> laptop ? If so, you need to exclude N1MM Logger+ from the cloud backup.
>
> See:
> https://groups.io/g/N1MMLoggerPlus/message/36189
>
> 73,
> Steve, N2IC
>

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Darrell Neron <ab2e@...>

OK I believe the problem is now fixed.
Thanks to all for the suggestions.
73 Darrell AB2E

Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2019 5:17 PM

You will need to install the old N1MM Admin.s3db from your old computer. If you
see files N1MM Admin.s3db-shm or N1MM Admin.s3db-wal, they need to be deleted.

Steve, N2IC

> Tried unchecking the N1MM+ folder from OneDrive in the Documents directory on
> One Drive.
> Rebooted, but still the same problem, same error.
> Alternately, the error pops up inside the N1mM program and prompts me to email
> to the team, which I did.
> 73 Darrell AB2E
>
> *From:* N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Darrell
> Neron <ab2e@...>
> *Sent:* Sunday, May 12, 2019 4:58 PM
> file
> Hi Steve,
> OK yes that could be it. The new laptop came with cloud backup for Microsoft 10 Pro.
> I'll try to figure out how to exclude it.
> 73 Darrell AB2E
>
> *From:* N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Steve
> London <n2ic@...>
> *Sent:* Sunday, May 12, 2019 4:48 PM
> file
> Are you running some kind of cloud backup for the Documents folder on your new
> laptop ? If so, you need to exclude N1MM Logger+ from the cloud backup.
>
> See:
> https://groups.io/g/N1MMLoggerPlus/message/36189
>
> 73,
> Steve, N2IC
>