Topics

Spectrum Window Error #spectrum

Robert Farrell

I reported a problem with the Spectrum Display using I/Q Support on the ICOM IC-7610 when it appeared in the 7500 update. This error occurs as soon as I transmit, by freezing the Spectrum Display window. If I then click on the Spectrum window, the error appears. This problem does not occur in Version 7492, which includes support for the I/Q function that is included with the IC-7610. Is anyone else seeing this error? I don't believe that this is an RF issue, as the Spectrum window will freeze when transmitting into a dummy load at ANY power level, plus it DOES NOT OCCUR in Version 7492 at ALL! I can recover from the error by closing the Spectrum window and re-opening it, but the error will occur again as soon as I transmit. This error still occurs in all versions after 7492, including 7542 (the latest update).
If I am the only one seeing this error, then I will stop using I/Q support and switch back to the audio Spectrum Window, but there are many advantages to using the I/Q support. All I can say is that whatever changes were made to the Spectrum I/Q function between Versions 7492 and 7500 seem to have caused this problem for me.

Bob WB2COY (WB2COY@...)

Tom Wagner (N1MM)

I am switching to an alternate approach for the IC7610 I/Q support. See the web site doc.

I don't want to invest in fixing issues with the old approach.

The new approach is in the Experimental Gallery marked "For WM3T".

73

Tom - N1MM

On 2/26/2019 12:34 PM, Robert Farrell wrote:
[...]

Bob WB2COY (@WB2COY <mailto:@WB2COY>)

Robert Farrell

OK, Tom. I tried Version 7542 in the experimental versions list, configured it as specified in the docs, and it seems to work fine. No freezing of the Spectrum window, and it looks and works the same as the EXT_I/O support. Thanks for responding to my comments in the forum. I haven't experimented with it's added features yet, but will get to that soon.
73
Bob WB2COY

K3RL Mike

I tried the switch to the FTD3XX.dll but I don't get the "IC7610 I/Q via FTDI.dll" in the drop down, just the EXT_IO. I had HDSDR working just fine with the FTD3XX.DLL which I copied to the N1MM Logger installation folder. Still not found. So I uninstalled the ICOM FTD3XX.dll from the HDSDR area and re-installed it into the logger folder and deleted the EXT_IO support. Now the drop down is blank. So what am I missing.
Tnx, 73
Mike, K3RL

K3RL Mike

OK. I see what I was doing. I was in the I/Q tab where the EXT_IO used to be instead of the Spectrum Source which is a different menu. But I get FTDI Open Error: FTDI SDR Interface: CreateDeviceInfoList No devices connected. Error opening IC7610 USB connection.

I suspect I have the FTD3XX.dll in the wrong spot. I have it in four folders now: the main logger folder and in several sub-folders (HDSDR, HDSDR\EXT_IO_7610, EXT_IO_7610). The Logger app crashed after displaying those errors.  I don't know if you want the crash logs posted in here, but here's the top main lines.

N1MMLogger.net - Version 1.0.7542.0
Built: 2/26/2019 1:50:36 PM
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.14393.0,64:1,en-US,en-US
Error occurred at: 3/5/2019 1:11:13 AM in Thread: Spectrum UI Thread - 90b2ce06-10ec-4f7a-8ff4-b16de518382f
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at N1MMLogger.Net.SpectrumWindow.WriteSettings() in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Logger.Net\Forms\SpectrumWindow.vb:line 347
   at N1MMLogger.Net.SpectrumWindow.SpectrumWindow_FormClosed(Object sender, FormClosedEventArgs e) in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Logger.Net\Forms\SpectrumWindow.vb:line 327

K3RL Mike

This issue with using the Spectrum Window with the 7610 and FTD3XX driver appears fixed in build 7557. Note that the FTD3XX.dll (as well as FTD3XX_NET.dll) needs to be in the main logger folder.