Topics

2 Tone RX only Off Center #n1mm #IC7300 #spectrum

B. Smith

I have MMTTY working FB in DI and DI RX only window and I have GRITTY working FB in DI RX only window. I also have 2 Tone set up in a RX only DI window but its spectrum is off center to the left. I think I followed the instructions, esp since GRITTY and MMTTY seem FB. Is there a way to center up the 2 Tone spectrum display? Or what did I miss?
IC-7300
LSB-D (AFSK)
73, Bill n3xl

Jamie WW3S

Are you set for high or low tones? Make sure 2 tone is set for the same mark freq as the other 2.....usually 2125 or 1275....

On Feb 6, 2019, at 11:38 AM, B. Smith <bill.n3xl@...> wrote:

I have MMTTY working FB in DI and DI RX only window and I have GRITTY working FB in DI RX only window. I also have 2 Tone set up in a RX only DI window but its spectrum is off center to the left. I think I followed the instructions, esp since GRITTY and MMTTY seem FB. Is there a way to center up the 2 Tone spectrum display? Or what did I miss?
IC-7300
LSB-D (AFSK)
73, Bill n3xl

David G3YYD

You can enter any frequency you like in setup for the mark and space tones. The High/Low button is to make life simple for those who use the normal set of tones.

If you put say 1050 in mark and 170 in space 2Tone will treat space value as shift value and automatically take that as being enter mark value plus 170. Saves having to do the mental math bit.

73 David G3YYD

Are you set for high or low tones? Make sure 2 tone is set for the same mark freq as the other 2.....usually 2125 or 1275....

On Feb 6, 2019, at 11:38 AM, B. Smith <bill.n3xl@...> wrote:

I have MMTTY working FB in DI and DI RX only window and I have GRITTY working FB in DI RX only window. I also have 2 Tone set up in a RX only DI window but its spectrum is off center to the left. I think I followed the instructions, esp since GRITTY and MMTTY seem FB. Is there a way to center up the 2 Tone spectrum display? Or what did I miss?
IC-7300
LSB-D (AFSK)
73, Bill n3xl

ve3ki

Make sure 2Tone, MMTTY and Gritty are all set for the same sound card sampling rate (e.g. all three set to 12000 Hz). In MMTTY that's in the Setup window under the Misc tab, called Clock, and the default in MMTTY is 11025 Hz, whereas IIRC 2Tone uses 12000 Hz.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 11:38 AM, B. Smith wrote:
I have MMTTY working FB in DI and DI RX only window and I have GRITTY working FB in DI RX only window. I also have 2 Tone set up in a RX only DI window but its spectrum is off center to the left. I think I followed the instructions, esp since GRITTY and MMTTY seem FB. Is there a way to center up the 2 Tone spectrum display? Or what did I miss?
IC-7300
LSB-D (AFSK)
73, Bill n3xl

B. Smith

Thanks for the tip but still no joy. I wonder if any other ic-7300 users out there have 2 Tone working properly in N1MM+.

73, Bill n3xl

Make sure 2Tone, MMTTY and Gritty are all set for the same sound card sampling rate (e.g. all three set to 12000 Hz). In MMTTY that's in the Setup window under the Misc tab, called Clock, and the default in MMTTY is 11025 Hz, whereas IIRC 2Tone uses 12000 Hz.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 11:38 AM, B. Smith wrote:

I have MMTTY working FB in DI and DI RX only window and I have GRITTY working FB in DI RX only window. I also have 2 Tone set up in a RX only DI window but its spectrum is off center to the left. I think I followed the instructions, esp since GRITTY and MMTTY seem FB. Is there a way to center up the 2 Tone spectrum display? Or what did I miss?
IC-7300
LSB-D (AFSK)
73, Bill n3xl

Jamie WW3S

Works fine with my 7610, and the codecs are the same....if you can see the spectrum just on the edge of the window, you have the mark freq set wrong....was is the radios mark freq setting ?

On Feb 6, 2019, at 3:25 PM, B. Smith <bill.n3xl@...> wrote:

[...]

My radio and all software is set to Mark freq of 2125. Still no joy.

Bill

Make sure 2Tone, MMTTY and Gritty are all set for the same sound card sampling rate (e.g. all three set to 12000 Hz). In MMTTY that's in the Setup window under the Misc tab, called Clock, and the default in MMTTY is 11025 Hz, whereas IIRC 2Tone uses 12000 Hz.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 11:38 AM, B. Smith wrote:

I have MMTTY working FB in DI and DI RX only window and I have GRITTY working FB in DI RX only window. I also have 2 Tone set up in a RX only DI window but its spectrum is off center to the left. I think I followed the instructions, esp since GRITTY and MMTTY seem FB. Is there a way to center up the 2 Tone spectrum display? Or what did I miss?
IC-7300
LSB-D (AFSK)
73, Bill n3xl

Jamie WW3S

in the 2 tone window, click setup, bottom left of screen, whats displayed for the mark and space freq?

[...]

Mark – 2125 and Space 2295.

[...]

as it should be.....very strange....

[...]

Thanks for trying Jamie. Still waiting to hear if any IC-7300 users are successfully using 2 Tone in N1MM. I even tried dropping 2 Tone into the main DI and it was the same way. I figure there are some IC-7300 users here. This subject would probably be of most interest here on this board.

Bill n3xl